• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#26 KillerKevster

KillerKevster

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Battle Beasts and Starriors. Raising my two wonderful daughters

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

I'd definitely be up for the originals in the cream color, especially Killer Carp. It would be awesome if you could mark them somehow. I'd wanna get a complete set of those.
"Above all shadows rides the sun and stars forever dwell. I will not say the day is done nor bid the stars farewell."

#27 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

i'll have to figure out a way to mark the figures, since i pour through the feet i would have to do it after i cut off the excess. might be a pain since the rubber is really durable. i'll figure out a way. :)

#28 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

Add me to the list. And for $20, you can probably add me to whatever other Beasts you mold like this!

#29 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

I've gotten a few people interested in some of the original Gumball sculpts. I'm thinking of doing a few, but not release them in the white/cream, they will have to be an alternative color to distinguish them from originals. Maybe a light blue~?

what do you guys think~? still a bad idea or should it work out ok as long as i stay away from white/cream~?

I don't think you need to shy away from the gum color. They are too expensive for the majority of collectors anyway so you be heloing a lot of people out. Just brand them.

You can buy the metal E and N from an old typewriter very cheap. Make a handle for each then heat them up with a candle and BURN a letter into each foot of the figures.

#30 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Here's another idea. Sculpt your logo in sculpy or something and glue it to the mold, on the back side. When you pour the figures, the insignia will be there.

#31 Bigmantoys

Bigmantoys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

You're killing me. This stuff is so shmoooth!

www.bigmantoys.co.uk

If you've ever seen a one trick pony then you've seen me.

#32 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

Here's another idea. Sculpt your logo in sculpy or something and glue it to the mold, on the back side. When you pour the figures, the insignia will be there.

Wouldn't that make it too easy to just shave off the insignia with a razor blade?

#33 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

I mean, if you're trying to take steps to keep people from using these to cheat people, you're going to have to just not make them.
It doesn't matter if Eric's name is on them or not... The best thing we can do, is just be vigilant.

#34 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Wouldn't that make it too easy to just shave off the insignia with a razor blade?

No, it would be an indention, not an extrusion.

#35 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

I wanted to ask. Are original Gumballs similar to regular battle beasts in firmness or are they more keshi like~? i know some call them Gummys so i assume they are flimsier. I highly doubt my rubber is exactly like an original, although probably close.

The next Gumballs i do i will add a little sculpey to their back somewhere and add my initials and mark it as a custom. This shouldnt hurt the original i am molding, especially on the LB's.

As for the Laser Beast is will be casting i really want the first one to be an overall fav~? I'm pushing for a skull grotess as the First Gumball LB, he seems to be a Fav. What do you guys think~?

as for colors, i highly doubt mine can be mistaken for for Greeks, my rubber is a lot flimsier than the greeks who seem to be pretty close to original BB rubber.

#36 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Also the first few i make will not be from the original set of Gumballs, that will be for a later release.

#37 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

dude that is awesome!!!!!

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ĂŁÂ«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#38 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

I am for the original set of 12 to be made exactly like the cobra.
I would also prefer no other marking.
As for Laser Beasts, Tiger Burn and Skull Grotess.
Are you able to do the orbs or would they be a solid cast over like the Russian Lb?

#39 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

i dont do Resin, and i cant do Clear Rubber so i wouldnt do orbs. Unless someone makes their own Orbs for me, they will be cast over.

and if i cast any of the originals they will have my marks on the back of the figures to distinguish from originals.

Edited by Ericnilla, 11 May 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#40 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

well the thing with making a mark on the feet is that i have to add it after the pour is done and like i said the rubber is pretty tough.

ive use a ice pick heated on the stove before to reopen a hole and it melts like a marshmallow, its not clean, its very messy and i wouldnt be able to press in a design or even my initials cleanly, they would come out a mess. so other than carving a messy initial in the feet i will have to add my initial either on the back of the figure or on the side or back of the feet.

and i think Grotess, Slag King and Reefer will be good Gumball choices.

Edited by Ericnilla, 11 May 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#41 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

This is certainly the best thing to do. I understand that collectors would like similar gumball figures for much less than their market price but the worst side of this is sellers trying to sell customs as legit figures. A mark on the back of the custom is not bad. Original figures already have such mark with the Hasbro/Takara copyright so why not adding the customizer one ?

#42 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

ok the first 3 figures will be unique customs: Cobra, hare, and Grotess. The next 3 i do will be bootleg reissues of original Gumballs: Lion, Carp, and Gorilla or Gator (not sure which yet).

Ever figure i cast will have my initials on the back of their legs or feet.

also you gotta remember i cut the excess rubber off the bottom of the feet, its not a clean cut. the bottom of all my figures feet wont be smooth.

Posted Image

and the first 10 will come in a capsule.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Ericnilla, 11 May 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#43 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Great. Just let me know when you want me to send you the money. Also how much would be shipping to New Caledonia for the Cobra ?

#44 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

Finally for sale, PM me your orders.

so $20 + $3 (Domestic) or $4 (international) shipping.

*I havent received my Rubs yet, so please let me know if you want one or not on your Cobra. I can mail the first batch on monday or tuesday as long as they dont want rubs. it may be a week before i receive them.*

Edited by Ericnilla, 12 May 2012 - 02:23 AM.

#45 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

PM (and payment) sent

#46 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

Eric do you think you could cast around or insert a original lb orb ?

Anyone thinking of a particular Beasts cast in a unique color?

#47 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Wouldn't an acrylic cabochon work for an orb?

#48 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

But, would a Gumball LB have an orb? Seems like an extra step they wouldn't have taken.

#49 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

But, would a Gumball LB have an orb? Seems like an extra step they wouldn't have taken.

Well the originals came with a rub+weapon so I would assume if they continued making them up to laser beasts then they would have used the orbs as those were the toys main gimmick.

#50 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Right... But that is a much more involved step, than slapping a sticker on.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com