#1 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

Attached File  506940.1020.A.jpg   38.39K   118 downloads

I loved all four of those movies when i was a kid. Rolling balls of spiked death as cute as they were evil. Sadly gremlins seemed to get all the attention and toys.

Until now.

Thanks to the inspiration of the awesome movies and also to Eric Nilla for being willing to turn my sculpt into a ball of evil bouncing rubber my creation is ALMOST ready. Still working on the packaging so THIS post isn't about THESE...

Attached File  criteattack1.jpg   142.49K   182 downloads

This post is about what happens when you mix radioactive green glow in the dark putty with a lime green Crite and a hand sculpted egg based off the second movie.

Attached File  eggs1.jpg   113.08K   180 downloadsAttached File  eggs2.jpg   119.42K   145 downloadsAttached File  eggs3.jpg   94.83K   135 downloadsAttached File  eggs4.jpg   200.71K   106 downloadsAttached File  eggs5.jpg   133.25K   77 downloads

I won't be making any more of these Bad Eggz Critters because they take too damn long and knowing that you need to SMASH the egg to get the toy is kind of harsh but i had a lot of fun with this one.

If anyone is interested in it shoot me a PM.

#2 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

Absolutely love these Critters! Great job buddy! I've PM'd you :thumbsup:

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

I would love to have a lime green Critter, when you release them!

#4 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Those Critters are absolutely amazing. Must have!

I don't know if they would be any use to you (or anyone else) for packaging your creations but I have dozens of empty Dinofroz eggs hanging around. Free to whoever wants them, so long as they pay the shipping.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#5 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Funny timing: I was just watching the first movie the other day! Love these guys!

Now you need to do a MUSCLE-style Ug to fight 'em. ;)

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#6 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Really great work! They look perfect, nice header also Posted Image

#7 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Wow... thanks guys.

I didn't expect these to go over this well. I love the movies but i wasn't sure many other people would even remember them.

http://theamazingzectron.blogspot.com/ My very incomplete blog has more pictures and some backstory about how it all happened. Without LOTS of help from Eric and Dave and Ironmask i would have given up long before i even finished the sculpt.

For the record every single one does have a slight imperfection on either one claw or another. I didn't realize i made the claws and feet too close together for molding until it was too late. So if you are a perfectionist you might just want to enjoy the pics and not get one yourself. I have like 10 for sale(should get another handful to sell in the next few weeks depending on how busy Eric is and i wasn't planning on selling any until my package was done but the influx of PMs i just got says otherwise. They will be 15 bucks each and i swear the package will be really really cool. I think all the green ones are now spoken. Most of the others are flesh with three being more pinkish but still flesh pretty much.

Strontium Dog - Thanks for the kind words and actually i think i would be interested in your empty eggs. Not for these since i spent way too long on the package already but for a future thing i want to do they could come in handy.

Jackson - Thanks man, that first pic is actually one of the movie posters and not the header. These won't even have a header ^_^

Sanjeev - i was watching part 4 last night too! The whole set can be bought on ebay CHEAP these days. And a bounty hunter is a genius idea. The face would be easy haha.

#8 Threat

Threat

T.H.R.E.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

I'll take 1 of each, make more!

Now you need to make a Ghoulies inspired one :)

Edited by Threat, 27 June 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#9 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Mate i want one of each color aswell. With all this interest in such a little amount of time you should deffo make more there really cool. Critters scared me so much as a kid i used to have nightmares but there so funny now lol. Jay

#10 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Secretly re-living the 80's behind my wifes back.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Super Kool! I was just hangin' with the MOM from Critters this past Sat & Sun @ the Comic-Con Here in Texas (Dee Wallace). She was also in Cujo, E.T, The Howling, Popcorn, and Rob Zombies Haloween. I tried to kick it with Lou Ferrigno (original hulk) but he was too busy making money.

#11 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Sorry Threat and Retro the green ones are gone. Only had three. Well the one in the egg is still up for grabs if that counts.

You can both still get a flesh if you want though.

I do have a few(single digits)of another color being made but it will probably take awhile since Eric is really busy with his own stuff.

#12 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Put me down for one fleshy! Those are sooo awesome! I used to love that movie.
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#13 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Secretly re-living the 80's behind my wifes back.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Any Left??? I'll take a few!!!

#14 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

I want the one in the egg! :)

#15 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

I would prefer a flesh one, if there are any left.

#16 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Great turnout PS~! i knew they would love your Critter. :)

Im still in the process of making some more so it may be a week or two till more are available.

#17 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Great turnout PS~! i knew they would love your Critter. :)

Im still in the process of making some more so it may be a week or two till more are available.

I am still shocked. I couldn't even respond to the PMs fast enough since there is a spam time limit on them O_O

The funniest part is the second batch you are making were mostly just for me :fop:

#18 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

15 bucks huh,,,,, and how much with shipping to UK included, i might have a flesh if my bank allows me :lol:

Posted Image

#19 Threat

Threat

T.H.R.E.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

are the new ones being made going to be any different than the ones that are currently left?

#20 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

This shit is bananas, I guess I came back into the hobby at the perfect time!
The skill level has gone crazy as of late.i would love uh some.

:M: eats
Seal of approval!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

Biz - i charge actual shipping so it could be anywhere from just a few bucks to over 50 bucks depending on what the buyer prefers.

Threat - Same Critter different color but there will probably be single digits at most.

Meats - I couldn't agree more. The stuff people have been releasing lately is all pretty nuts. From the TINY gorewads and universe of violence stuff to the h.a.c.k wave one and the manzilla and microman keshi with inter-changable chest pieces this place is going crazy.

#22 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Biz - i charge actual shipping so it could be anywhere from just a few bucks to over 50 bucks depending on what the buyer prefers.

Threat - Same Critter different color but there will probably be single digits at most.

Meats - I couldn't agree more. The stuff people have been releasing lately is all pretty nuts. From the TINY gorewads and universe of violence stuff to the h.a.c.k wave one and the manzilla and microman keshi with inter-changable chest pieces this place is going crazy.

Hey, we can't let OT have ALL of the fun!

#23 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hey, we can't let OT have ALL of the fun!

We win automatically because rubber bounces. IT BOUNCES!!!

Almost all my crites are spoken for, even the Bad Eggz Critter.

Well except ONE last flesh colored one i think. LRG has good taste in movies :joecool:

Attached File  criteattack3.jpg   89.42K   39 downloads

Edited by PlasticSoul, 27 June 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm game for one of each color if you guys do another run.

#25 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

If you got 1 flesh available, I would like to get it.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com