4 replies to this topic

#1 Spaceknight

Spaceknight

Powerful Living Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

I've seen these at Toys R Us a number of times but didn't pay them much attention, partly due to the price and partly due to the fact that I thought they'd be squishy like Trash Pack (I don't really care for squishy figs that much). We were at Walmart today and they had the Bungees Starter Packs on clearance for $1 each (the original price on the tag was $19.84 and if that's actually true then these were ridiculously expensive to begin with and on SUPER clearance now). Anyway, I can't pass up mini figures at that price.

Each pack came with 2 figures. They're rubbery plastic but aren't REALLY squishy like Trash Pack. Each has a magnet in its base which is part of the game gimmick for the line. Each pack also came with 4 metal pog-like discs and 2 metal trading cards (at least I assume the cards are metal, I haven't actually removed the cards from the packages yet but the figures stick to the cards so there's at least some metal in them).

They're all from series 1 which apparently included 44 figures in at least 10 teams. They've got a Pokemon/Digimon vibe and for $1 per pack a great deal.

Attached Files

Edited by Spaceknight, 03 October 2015 - 02:23 PM.

#2 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:00 PM

My kid really digs these.
$1 per pack is super cheap!

I thought that I was doing good, picking the single packs up for seventy cents apiece, at Walgreens.

#3 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

I did this review in January of the full US set.  Sorry if the background looks weird; I cannot edit it. 

http://www.littlerub...howtopic=219648

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:36 AM

I bought one on a whim at Walgreens a while back. got one that looks like he has dreadlocks or something. Rubber is pretty firm which is nice.

Overall though? meh.

the magnets are strong though so they double as a decent fridge magnet if nothing else (this is where mine ended up)

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:44 AM

I bought one on a whim at Walgreens a while back. got one that looks like he has dreadlocks or something. Rubber is pretty firm which is nice.

Overall though? meh.

the magnets are strong though so they double as a decent fridge magnet if nothing else (this is where mine ended up)

I sampled these when they came out, and mine pretty much wound up serving the same function. Hilariously, they used the same tin coins as the Jakks DBZ figures that came with printed coins.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com