ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Hey guys, I had some unexpected car repairs so I'm needing to make some quick cash and have put up a few of my spare Laser Beasts reproduction rifles on eBay. A good chance to complete your incomplete figures without spending much.

Grin Reeferhttp://r.ebay.com/ADGUYk

$_57.JPG

Jeerer Monkey: http://r.ebay.com/pppPTR

$_57.JPG

Killer Hound: http://r.ebay.com/a9kqLA

$_57.JPG

Edited by bachamn, 19 April 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Sorry for the reason you need to let them go but as soon as these are sold via Ebay they´ll most likely be out of sight which means they´ll most likely in time end up in the shady situation I´ve always been concerned about.................... Because there´s no guarantee the buyer is going to accept the weapon as a repro which means that the whole repro story might dissapear someday resulting in the fact this one comes back on the market as the real deal being worth $150 instead of $15. I know we´ve been discussing this whole issue before out here on the board and its not a personal attack at Bachamn but I hope that everyone who has their hands on repro weapons at the moment is fully aware of the damage/risk they take with bringing these back on the market because its a matter of time before one of us or future LRG members get seriously burned with these repro´s.  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

Maybe anyone that sells a repro gun should take a hot needle and put a small divot on the bottom or next to the number (like an asterisk), that way we can tell which are repros later on.

Edited by Ericnilla, 26 April 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

I mean I guess you can look at it that way, but any sold on eBay aren't technically more "in sight" than the ones I'd sold on here previously as we don't know where they're headed potentially after that. It's also worth mentioning that I've not seen any of these pop up on the market since I bought this set well over a year ago nor has anyone I know been burned as you are describing so I'm still of the persuasion that this is a non issue. I get that you're concerned and I don't take it as a personal attack as I didn't make them in the first place, I just don't agree that it's "most likely" that this will result in some shady situation. Fwiw the Reefer gun was pulled early for an avid collector member here. 

The explanation is legit though, I needed to raise some quick cash for a tire repair otherwise I'd be keen to hold onto these for trades. As far as marking them, that would essentially be damaging the item, and to be functional would rely on potential buyers having knowledge or these posts to ID them, which most people wouldn't even cross reference in the impulse moment of purchasing.  Hope that clears things up.

Edited by bachamn, 26 April 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts, Accessories

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com