1034 replies to this topic

#1001 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

The 1000th post within this Topic and still in between hope and fear when it comes to the Beast Saga line but at least we've some new distraction again;

http://www.littlerub...646#entry555007

As shown its clearly that these are the same kind of ''bootlegs'' which have been discussed here before in the summer of 2013 thanks to a post of Coelacanth who came up with the pics first.

So far its hard to believe its a legit run of Beast Saga figs so for now I'd say it might be most plausible these ''Factory rejects'' stolen from the factory and repacked to sell directly to the US market, looking at the colors (mismatched armor/skin) I can't believe Tomy Takara would've allowed these to leave the factory.

Hope we'll be able to get some more info about these soon but for now there are still a lot of questions.....

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#1002 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

I'll certainly do some reporting on these once I get them in-hand, though I'm pretty confident that they are simply bootlegs and not  any sort of rejects or test pulls. 

In the original post about these a few months ago, the link Coelacanth shared (and still the only place Ive been able to even find mention of these online) is at HongsonToys.com (http://www.hongsontoys.com/) If you go take a look at their product catalogue, you'l notice that every item is a KO/bootleg of a popular item such as TMNT, Ninjago/Chima LEGO, etc. I dont know how the whole bootleg market works over there, but reading the about info on the site it sounds like they have their own production facility and thus might actually be the ones making them.

For the hell of it I placed an order inquiry to see how much it would cost to ship me a case of the single boxed figures just for the information. (288 count :lol:

#1003 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

I just "finished" my Beast Saga collection over Christmas.  A full set of painted figures, a full set of clear figures, and all 6 of the bases/vehicles.  I feel good about the collection, but I'm still sad it's over.  Maybe we'll get more, but I doubt it.  Still, I've enjoyed this run of figures more than anything else I've collected recently.  I can't be mad at TakTom for any reason, they did everything they could to market them, I guess the toys  just weren't selling.

Though, if anyone wants to use the animation models to create the characters who were never released in short 3D printer runs, I'd buy them.

#1004 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

I just "finished" my Beast Saga collection over Christmas.  A full set of painted figures, a full set of clear figures, and all 6 of the bases/vehicles.  I feel good about the collection, but I'm still sad it's over.  Maybe we'll get more, but I doubt it.  Still, I've enjoyed this run of figures more than anything else I've collected recently.  I can't be mad at TakTom for any reason, they did everything they could to market them, I guess the toys  just weren't selling.

Though, if anyone wants to use the animation models to create the characters who were never released in short 3D printer runs, I'd buy them.

Yeah I did as well, though I had originally opted out of the vehicles/bases until they went half off, so they're still sitting in Japan waiting to be shipped alongside the Kabaya minifigs. Issue #5 of the manga comes out on Saturday, so after that arrives I'll have my bro ship out the rest.

Love the request to purchase 3D printed figs of the non-released characters. You should post that on the TakTom facebook page so they can politely ignore you. :lol:

If only, right? :)

Love the cover art for issue #5 btw, it really shows the true scale of Don Whale!

61UCFU0pyfL._SS500_.jpg

Edited by bachamn, 02 January 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#1005 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

I just did that too. I got the mini clear dudes last night. It's really too bad that those unreleased figures will not go into production; such cool sculpts.

BTW, are there 5 or 6 base/vehicles? You're talking about the boxy ones with the tiny figures right? I only have 5 and did not see any others.

#1006 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

the 6 bases/vehicles i know, not sure BS39 exists really

Attached Files

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#1007 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

I just did that too. I got the mini clear dudes last night. It's really too bad that those unreleased figures will not go into production; such cool sculpts.

BTW, are there 5 or 6 base/vehicles? You're talking about the boxy ones with the tiny figures right? I only have 5 and did not see any others.

the 6 bases/vehicles i know, not sure BS39 exists really

BS-39 Does exist, it is BS-48, the Repair base that never really came out on BBTS or TFSource.  I had to go to ebay to get it like the Kangaroo.

#1008 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Pics of all the vehicles from Amazon JP for clarity.

BS27

51EXOWzywcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BS28

51RdeO40TjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BS35

41B3vgK3bHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BS39

51l%2B2NVjucL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BS48

51f8FjivSmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BS49

41kO%2BpBbebL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BS53 is one of the 3 beast saga items that is still "pending release" on Amazon.co.jp, but I'm doubtful if it will ever turn up. It's roughly translated as "Sky Darling St. Soarer Country Model"

#1009 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

Thanks- I missed that one. I ordered it from Amazon last night.

#1010 vaal

vaal

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, M.U.S.C.L.E, MOTUC, Vintage MOTU, Vintage Star Wars, TOS Star Trek

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

I'm sure Bachamn will have a more in-depth look at these, but mine arrived today and I took a few quick shots to see comparisons. These are DEFINITELY bootlegs: bad paint jobs, sloppy glue, warpy limbs, slightly smaller size, no company logos on the boxes at all. Everythings made of a harder plastic, however. They're still fun though. My favorite looking is the owl. Enjoy!

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

#1011 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the quick pics on these bootleg ones! Its strange to see they're pretty well done in detail almost similar like the original ones but that their size is actually a little smaller meaning there've been other molds made for these. Wonder if these little fellows might actually have something to do with the silence around the original line because knowing Takara I don't think they'd be very happy with this and knowing these have probably been produced with the help or knowledge from people within their own factory this might have something to do with it................ or am I looking for something that's not there!? Who knows for sure this is not the way TakaraTomy would've liked it ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#1012 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Yeah I'll have 3 more to take photos of, sadly mine haven't arrived yet but they're making their way across the continent towards me, hopefully by Monday when I'll post some more pics.

Thanks for sharing vaal!

#1013 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Just thought I'd share that for some reason, Amazon JP is still holding onto these listings. They've been bumped back to March 31st now, which makes almost an entire year of pushing back the date (I think they originally had a release date of 04/31/13 :lol: )

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00B93W1H2

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CM0RWNE

The Vol 4 burst series figures also still have a placeholder but no release date.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00COVSWNK

Edited by bachamn, 01 February 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#1014 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

I wonder if they still have a place sitting simply because Takara hasn't officially told them these items/the line is cancelled. We still have not seen any official word from Takara Tomy about this line at all. I have taken their silence as a sign that the line was just quietly discontinued, however Amazon JP may not actually remove those items until a certain about of time or have received official word from the manufacturer that they are cancelled.

I guess some could argue that since these keep getting a renewed release date, that perhaps Takara is telling Amazon JP that these aren't cancelled and to keep listing them, but I think that would be being a bit too optimistic.

#1015 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

I guess some could argue that since these keep getting a renewed release date, that perhaps Takara is telling Amazon JP that these aren't cancelled and to keep listing them, but I think that would be being a bit too optimistic.

The only thing that I can think of is that they might be holding onto the possibility (or have been told) that they'll be released when the OVA for series 2 of the anime comes out, which is allegedly confirmed for this Q1 of 14. It would make sense to have some merchandise to go along with it, especially if they did have some products that were already pending release. 

But yes, I'm just speculating. :)

#1016 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Anybody want to sell me a regular Kangaroo (not the clear one)?

#1017 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

Ok I know everyone else has likely given up hope that we'll see any more Beast Saga products and I'm probably the only one still paying attention to this, but the unreleased Beast Saga items are still holding a 'Pending' listing on Amazon JP. They're now showing April 30th as the release date (bringing us a full year from the original projected release).

These have been pushed back four or five times now so that's nothing new, but the interesting thing is that the BS52 listing (Volume 4 of the blind-boxed "clear" figures), which previously was the only one that did not give any sort of release date and simply stated 'Currently Unavailable", now also shows a projected released date of April 30. 2014.

I can't think of any reason they would revise this listing and assign a release date without anything to base it on, so maybe there really is a plan to release these alongside the anime Season 2 OVA ? I'm trying to walk the line between skeptical and hopeful, but I really want a clear variant of Don Whale damnit! ;)

Edited by bachamn, 24 March 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#1018 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

I don't think that Takara Tomy will ever released those. You can check the http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/ site and you will see that the line is no more supported. The stores in Japan are making discount on every items.

#1019 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

I'm aware of that, but why do you suppose they would have updated a listing that previously never had a pre-order date?

#1020 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Anybody want to sell me a regular Kangaroo (not the clear one)?

I don't have one spare and I think the costs to get it from Japan directly are the reason you don't have one yet?

Its strange how some of you down in the US seemed to have missed the Kangaroo and or the Rabbit somehow.

Hope someone out here might have one for you and otherwise I'm affraid you've to look at Japan to get one.

I'll be placing some orders soon but don't think it'll be interesting for you because with all shipping costs its price might double or triple before I get it t you.

Well there is still hope......................
Guess we'll know April 30th :)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#1021 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Fingers crossed...

#1022 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

The whole Kangaroo issue is just due to the few importers who didn't get their shipments of that figure for whatever reason. I've never seen mention of a distribution issue anywhere inside Japan. 

#1023 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Finally! Yes!!!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e8997b1f3

#1024 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

Hah nice; that's incredibly low intl shipping too!

#1025 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

For the Beast Saga fans a crucial countdown is approaching because in a few days from now we will know whether the forwarded release dates are actually made or will they be forwarded again!? At the moment this is what we might seem to expect if things work out well;

BS44 DX figure case 
BS50 lot Magic Booster Vol.5 
BS51 lot Magic Booster Vol.6 
BS52 Random Booster collection vol.4 burst 
BS53 zip lot machine vol.5 zip Sky Darling St. Soarer country model 
BS54 wins super-deck type critical 
BS55 deck builder DX white goal Boulder

Expected release dates (Japan):

April 30th

BS44, BS50, BS51

May 30th

BS52, BS53 

But its a little strange that with 5 days to go there´s not a single image showing of the new to be released items and the official Beast Saga website isn´t mentioning a thing either............. Are we facing another delay or is it really going to happen this time? 

Is this little Red Panda fellow one of the figures we could welcome!?

398927.png

Just a few days from now and we will know............. the Beast Saga Countdown continues.  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com