• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

Hey guys,

It's been a little bit of time since I have last posted some custom Battle Beasts. However, that doesn't mean I haven't been hard at work with them. Whenever I have had some free time, I have been working on a handful of figures. I just finished up two of them, and wanted to post them to see what you thought about them.

The first one that I did is of Vorin's father. Ever since I read the ashcan comic 2 years ago after C2E2, I was fascinated by the mythology of Vorin's father when Vorin is talking about their training when he was younger. I had decided that I wanted to make a custom of Vorin's father, however at the time, I was just thinking about making a slightly older Vorin with slight modifications to the armor. Then, I read the full comic, with the reveal of Vorin's father on the last page, and I knew I had to make him. It took a little bit of time to get the all the right parts that would work, and he also needed quite a bit of sculpting to make him look less like Vorin or a kitbash, and more like Vorin's father. I sculpted the fur on the cape, the extra fur and hair, and armor faceplate for his head.

(I do know that he is supposed to also have a unicorn horn in his dread weapon armor. I sculpted the unicorn horn on, but once his head was finished, I hated the horn. So I cut it off. At that point, I exercised a bit of artistic license. )

I don't remember ever seeing a name for him. A lot of times, it helps me paint a figure if I create a name for him. Makes the character a bit more personal. So I named him Asvid. I don't know what his official name is, maybe Zach knows.

I also continued my theme of Western inspired Battle Beast customs. This time, I did a gun wielding western take on the Scorpion, which I have named Brocius.

Anyways, here are the figures. Let me know what you think.

Original image of Vorin's Father from the comic:

IMG_1146_zpsbe494ec2.jpg

Asvid:

FatherFull2_zps32aae4a6.jpg

FatherNikonMedium_zpsb4b9d480.jpg

FatherNikonCloseUp3_zps0315ed03.jpg

FatherNikonRear2_zps6ba7316c.jpg

FatherNikonFullRight1_zps0b3bb572.jpg

Brocius:

ScorpionNikonFull_zps2b543dcf.jpg

a2bc436e-7096-420d-923a-b2536653fb04_zps

ScorpionFullFront_zpsbc410296.jpg

ScorpionNikonRear_zpsaf2afab1.jpg

ScorpionRight_zpsb1f887a0.jpg

#2 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

That scorpion is out of control!

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

That scorpion is out of control!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com