Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Classified. Good, Bad or Ugly!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Classifieds - Good Bad or Ugly (41 member(s) have cast votes)

How are the Classifieds working for you?

1. I love them! (2 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

2. They are better than the previous Got Toys/Need Toys but definitely have room to improve. (4 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

3. About the same. (2 votes [4.88%])

4. Got Toys/Need Toys sections were better/easier. Can we bring them back? Bump! (26 votes [63.41%])

Percentage of vote: 63.41%

5. Please get rid of them, they SUCK! (5 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

6. Voted Other, I posted below. (2 votes [4.88%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 jmckinnon316

jmckinnon316

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:09 AM

The old way was better, and more personal, I feel.

The new way certainly 'works' but I don't really want to be restricted by the confines of 'this box', 'that box' and those 'checkboxes'!

:S

My NEEDS List: HERE
My Collection: WORKING ON IT!

#27 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

The main reason I disliked Got Toys is away now.  :)  There should be some kind of rule/format if Got Toys returns that people should follow so more or less owning Got Toys can't be done by one person again.  Limit to one thread with all your toys there.  If you have something new, then bump it and announce what it is in the thread and/or Shout box.  Bumping 5+ threads (one every other day) is dumb.

Edited by walker13.1, 08 August 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#28 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

I have a strange feeling those days are done, regardless...

#29 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Regrettably, I joined most of you in voting that Got/Need Toys would be easier... even though I personally would prefer Classifieds to stick around! Weird, I know.

I very much love having things tidy and in order and following a set of rules, especially when my money or some trade item is at stake. It simplifies the process, leaves less things to be misunderstood because every ad has a stricter layout, and it's easier to pick out the things I know I want to check out and prioritize. The "yard sale" aspect doesn't matter because I often end up browsing every Got/Need Toys thread anyway.

The reason for such a conflicting state is due to two major factors. One, the Classifieds themselves requiring their unique interface makes it a more difficult and unfamiliar prospect to browse ads like the way we used to with the forums, and, the big one, most of you don't seem to like them. Even when I wasn't in the mood to buy stuff around here, I always got some enjoyment from looking at the stuff you guys had to offer. Over the past few months though, I forget to even look at what's being sold because the number of classified ads here has been dismal ever since Got Toys and Need Toys were archived.

I am very much in the camp of finding a way to implement Classifieds to cover auctions, where the system's rigid structure is most badly needed, and reviving the old subforums for everything else.

Edited by BaltanII, 13 August 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#30 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Afraid I agree with Baltan on this one, however I do like the ability to post 'want ads' in the classifieds as this seems like a much more effective and visible way to post requests for particular items. 

Edited by bachamn, 13 August 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#31 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

I really quite like them, it feels more organised and I can go to the exact section I want. If I wanted a personal experince when buying or selling I would go to a local market. Change is good.

#32 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

Here's my two cents: I much preferred the old Got Toys/Need Toys threads. There's something a lot less personal about the Classifieds not functioning like normal threads, and (at least for me) it has resulted in fewer people offering trades and help on toy collecting. I recently posted a Classified looking for a few dozen MUSCLES and have gotten NO RESPONSES whatsoever. If this was the old way, I would've at the very least, heard from a few members offering smaller trades here or there.

Please re-consider switching back to the old way. This has been really disappointing. :(

#33 Kirbycollector64

Kirbycollector64

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

I find it easier to just post my pictures and description of what I really wanted however I thought I get faster comments and hearing whoever is interested to sell my wants in the forums instead of using the classifieds since I haven't got any messages or anyone interested in selling something I am looking for. There are lots of old Japanese stuff out there I really want to have for my collection but they are just very hard to find especially you would see them once in a lifetime on yahoo Japan lol.

I got very lucky last year when I managed to get my hands on a lot of Puyo Puyo (Japanese Sega puzzle game.) figures from Yahoo Japan,

it's not a very big lot and there is still more characters I am missing in my collection so I am very happy to post my WANTS on my classifieds.

I don't like the trouble buying from Yahoo Japan anymore

because of long wait for package to deliver in my country,

I am hoping I can find someone after posting my wants

if anyone has the exact keshi gums in my WANTED list.

#34 soundwave

soundwave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Toys, Video Games, Toys...
    Toys and oh yeah toys!!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yup Not as personal and feels like kijiji listings.   like the old way better.

#35 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

So is something going to happen from the results of this thread, perhaps enable both methods of listings?

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#36 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

I've put up a few trade/wanted ads so far and I have to say, I haven't gotten a single response. I don't know whether it's because less people are seeing them or simply because of the stuff I posted about (or both), but I found it interesting that I didn't get at least one response.

That said, I do like the format of the classifieds. I just don't know if it's leading to as much buying/trading/selling activity as the old way.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#37 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

We are going back to the old format as soon as I get the board moved to the new server. Classified will get uninstalled until such time as it is more user friendly for us. It won;t be for 3-4 weeks though. I was swamped this weekend and have to work all next weekend.

New server is almost done, but I need about 4-6 more hours of tweaking.

#38 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

woot

#39 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members