100 replies to this topic

#76 spacefrog

spacefrog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

Saw these the other day on Little Weirdos and decided to go and pick some up today at TRU. They didn't have the 8 packs or even a place for them from what I could see, so I opted for 6x 4packs since there were 6 different visible figures and 2x single pack cans. The first can I opened had an ultra rare clear Bone Cracker which was my most wanted from the checklist so mega score there. The second single can also had an Ultra rare. The 4 packs were a 50/50 split of clear and painted figures and I only ended up with one double after opening all of the packs. 

Here's the haul:

20141005_160311.jpg

20141005_170050.jpg

nice one!
l really like the maggot man (top left)
first one I've seen :)

#77 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

nice one!
l really like the maggot man (top left)
first one I've seen :)

Thanks, I've read that he hasnt been known to have been pulled yet within the collectors circles; although that may have changed by now. He is easily one of the best figures imo. I was really happy to have pulled him. 

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#78 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

The guy in the upper picture is awesome!

#79 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

Just bought 2 more 8packs to add to my existing 1. 24 figures and not a single double! AWESOME!

#80 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

Just bought 2 more 8packs to add to my existing 1. 24 figures and not a single double! AWESOME!

I've only got one double out of 6x 4pks and 2z singles. It's nice that they seam to be doing a good job spreading the figures out. One of my biggest turn offs to collecting random figures is getting massive amounts of doubles right off the bat. I collected Mage Knight figures for a while and remember getting doubles within my first two packs. I wrote the company expressing my displeasure and eventually stopped collecting because of the ridiculous amount of duplicates. I get that its random-ish but it gets to the point of money grubbing after a while. 

#81 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Saw these the other day on Little Weirdos and decided to go and pick some up today at TRU. They didn't have the 8 packs or even a place for them from what I could see, so I opted for 6x 4packs since there were 6 different visible figures and 2x single pack cans. The first can I opened had an ultra rare clear Bone Cracker which was my most wanted from the checklist so mega score there. The second single can also had an Ultra rare. The 4 packs were a 50/50 split of clear and painted figures and I only ended up with one double after opening all of the packs. 

Here's the haul:

20141005_160311.jpg

20141005_170050.jpg

Sonic Boom, top left, looks pretty cool! Nice collection so far

#82 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

Sonic Boom, top left, looks pretty cool! Nice collection so far

Yeah he kinda reminds me of spy vs spy... with jet wings. Not my favorite of the bunch, but still pretty cool. I'm more of a monster/mutant/alien kinda guy.

#83 Beezulbubba

Beezulbubba

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

Wow, I was in a TRU and stumbled across these. haven't been to the forums forever, and when i found these stopped here to either let everyone know about them or see what the word was. personally i like them... a lot. Total GEEK moment that took me back to my childhood of M.U.S.C.L.E.S when I found them I am of the Ray Harryhuasen/Bradbury school of never growing up and loving wrestling/monster/sci-fi/fantasy in that order. This are the cat's meows. Color is nice, and the non-translucents are my faves. Plus the spine gives them just enogh articulation the MUSCLES never had. Basically they are the next stage in evolution of thiese type of figs. The old muscle ring usually broke before before the wrestlers lost the match. These is like MUSCLES mixed with Bop Em Sock EM Robots, plus customization if that's you thing. SOme of the sculpts are beyond cool. Have been lukewarm on Moose really, but this is the homerun they have been lloking for, IMO. Made me feel like I was 10 again.

#84 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:05 PM

Wow, I was in a TRU and stumbled across these. haven't been to the forums forever, and when i found these stopped here to either let everyone know about them or see what the word was. personally i like them... a lot. Total GEEK moment that took me back to my childhood of M.U.S.C.L.E.S when I found them I am of the Ray Harryhuasen/Bradbury school of never growing up and loving wrestling/monster/sci-fi/fantasy in that order. This are the cat's meows. Color is nice, and the non-translucents are my faves. Plus the spine gives them just enogh articulation the MUSCLES never had. Basically they are the next stage in evolution of thiese type of figs. The old muscle ring usually broke before before the wrestlers lost the match. These is like MUSCLES mixed with Bop Em Sock EM Robots, plus customization if that's you thing. SOme of the sculpts are beyond cool. Have been lukewarm on Moose really, but this is the homerun they have been lloking for, IMO. Made me feel like I was 10 again.

They arent MIMPS or M.U.S.C.L.E. but they are pretty darn awesome. They are the best thing along that vain to come along for quite a while though. I really enjoyed opening them one by one to see what I got. I love small random pack stuff like that! 

Edited by PaulEWog116, 06 October 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#85 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

This guy just screams Army Ants...I hope I can find him soon, him and Arm Wrestler 

Attached Files

• Attached File  $_57.JPG   109.76K   26 downloads

#86 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:50 PM

This guy just screams Army Ants...I hope I can find him soon, him and Arm Wrestler 

I loved Army ants as a kid and thought the same thing about one of my figures that has a similar head. I need to get some old Army Ants back into my collection one of these days. 

#87 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:35 AM

Here's my first pull from an 8 pack and 1 single can. Really like the different sculpts, especially the brutal beasts.
Attached File  image.jpg   139.81K   51 downloads

#88 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

Does the snake-man come in all of the 8-packs or something? It seems like absolutely everyone pulls him.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#89 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Dang I really need to pick up some of these guys. They are killer.

#90 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:44 PM

I need the snake guy, feel free to send him to me ;p you got some cool figures.

#91 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Should we start a separate trade thread for these guys? I now have 5 doubles :-( but maybe they are on somebodies need/want list

#92 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:04 PM

I'd be down for that.

Edited by PaulEWog116, 11 October 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#93 mikestarfighter

mikestarfighter

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

http://mutantmania.com/au/

just found these guys at local toys r us.  cool concept with interchangeable parts.  A little flimsy but cool

pTRU1-18179444dt.jpg

#94 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

bought my nephew one of the can single figures. he ended up pulling a clear  bug guy from his can.  kinda interested in getting some more, they aren't as bad as i originally thought they were. Since its moose i guess there are certain figures you will only be able to get in the single cans and not in the actual packs?  I just don't want this to end up like other lines of theirs when it comes to the harder to get figures. (rare series 1 figs not coming out til wave 2 or 3).

Posted Image

#95 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

These are on Sale today for 25% off which is better than the buy one get one 40% off but it ends today. I'm still holding back on buying any since Moose has withheld figures like usual. 

#96 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

This thread should be moved to Moose Toys.  

BLACK FRIDAY

All Mutant Mania at TRU in USA are 50% off.  

This offer is not online.  

50% Includes the vehicle and the arena with the exclusive figures.  

This makes the arena $15 and the vehicle $10.

BTW, does anyone know the names of the three exclusive figures?  

Edited by steverotters, 27 November 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#97 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:51 PM

CYBER Mutant Mania MONDAY

4-packs 3.00

8 packs 5.00

masher (vehicle) 10.00

arena 15.00

#98 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

Left to Right:

#129 Sumo (orange)

#126 Rock Dude (purple)

#125 Combo Commando

#127 Rock Dude (orange)

#128 Sumo (purple)

Attached Files

#99 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:16 PM

List of likes and dislikes for this toyline:

http://letyourtoysli...tant-mania.html

Photo of top 3 favorites:

Attached Files

#100 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

Nice write up. I think you pretty much nailed my feelings on the line, except I gave up on it after a couple of packs.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com