• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

#101 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:02 PM

Good luck on that. I hate to be a naysayer, but trying to round up 10-15 MIMP collectors willing to put down $750 now and $750 upon completion of the wax figures is likely an impossible task.

I think you would do better if you did one figure at a time. But, you never know. I could be wrong.

#102 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

How much $ is 50%?

Before we have to know how many sets are sold and then we make 50% on the cost he'll do for us...
More we will be and bigger the discount will be too.
For Example:
We take orders by 8 total collectors,
he'll tell us, "ok Guys the price for 8 sets is 12,000$"
We have all together to pay (Each one his quote for one set split at 50%) 6,000$
So the cost for each one will be 750$
Another example:
We take orders by 15 total collectors,
"Ok, now the price has gone lower; 15 sets for 18,000$"
We have all to pay 9,000$
So the cost this time will be 600$ for each collector and so on...
I hope to be clear.

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 08 July 2011 - 11:25 PM.

#103 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

wow, thats way out out of my league. :lol:

i'll just sculpt my own. haha

good luck though, im sure they are gonna be top notch :thumbsup:

**on a side note though, i know for a fact there are sculptors just as good that would do this for a fraction of the cost. **

Edited by Ericnilla, 09 July 2011 - 01:22 AM.

#104 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:14 AM

Eric,

maybe there are other sculptors who would do it, but do you think they would really then? ...

I think not, especially in the short term.

Then go ahead...and they aren't likely to do it anyway, or as good.
Yes there are other sculptors, and some might even do it for nothing!
But that's not what we're doing here.

Also you must consider the fact that he is the sculptor of the monster in my pocket and this is important for me, because I already know the result will be good and figures in the same identical style.

If no one else besides me want to order these sets because they are too expensive, no problem.

I personally will buy my set!

Then maybe I'll be in the future with people seeing the end result will ask me "can I buy a set too?! PLEASE!?"

And then there will have to see if he's still room and time to the project ...

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 09 July 2011 - 05:30 AM.

#105 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

Meh...the only way I'd get involved in this at this point is teaming up with someone and paying for just the figures I wanted while they paid for the rest. And to be frank, I don't see that happening since I really only want about 3 of them. Unless something changes here, I'm out. I'm glad to see they are being made and that you have the cash to spare for them though, so...enjoy? :\

#106 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:22 AM

I think the fact that the scultor is one of the original MIMP sculptors holds a lot of weight.

GTM, maybe your best bet is a Kickstarter project, like they did with OMFG?

#107 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

Well it could help too if some approaches were taken here...for example, given the limited want for these and the fact that it's unlikely anyone will buy more than one set, having them be more than one color seems overkill: nobody but maybe one or two people would be able to afford 4 color sets, and few people here would risk trading colors with one another due to the cost of the individual figures. So that should take a nice hefty bite out of any cost by itself given it means a lot less work making them.

Then there's the fact that we're squeezing 16 figures in a 15 figure gap between series 3 and series 4. I'm still going to hold that Ankou may be worth cutting, since the concept behind the monster was created as a series 4 figure just with a slightly different design, and the fact that Ankou's original design looks very close to a slew of already available mimps anyway.

Probably would not do a heckuva lot to soften that blow, but these tweaks may at least help some.

#108 MMD

MMD

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:MIMP (Series 2, 3)
    Certain MUSCLEs

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

Hey, Fede, if you want people to jump on board -- I'd love to, but it's way too expensive -- you should try to model this after the OMFG Toy example. I know that might be tougher to do, but you'd get the financial backing for certain. Just my take. Best of luck with this, though!

#109 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hey, Fede, if you want people to jump on board -- I'd love to, but it's way too expensive

I've been expecting this project to collapse for a while now for that very reason. I'm surprised it's still going actually because the proposed price of the figures is beyond ludicrous. It's a shame, because the sculpts themselves seem highly promising
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#110 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Guys I have to decide the points value for these 4 starting figures:
Sciapod, Grendel, Talus and Bash Tchelik.
Can you help me please?
Probably we'll start with a group of 4 figures to sell as a set.
So this is less expensive and nobody needs to buy the complete set of 15 + B.T. if not interested.
Please help me with point values...
Thanks

Fede

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 09 July 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#111 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

Sciapod - 10: Hardly an intimidating monster. Blemmyea eats this guy for breakfast.
Talus - 15: Not nearly as intimidating as it's counterpart the Golem, and was defeated flat out by the Argonauts in mythology if memory serves.
Grendel - 20: Significant, but Grendel was by and far not as horribly imposing as some of the 30 point monsters were, and doesn't feel like it has as much weight against the likes of the Behemoth and Werewolf. The fact that the tale was more Beowulf's than his own kicks him down a few notches too.
Bash Tchelik - 25-30: Now this is a different matter entirely. Bash is an all-around badass, immune to weapons, can only be weakened by denying him water, and hid his soul in a whole puzzle of nested items. Plus, he just looks the part of a high-point monster, on par with the Warlock or Great Beast. The only reason I might say 25 points is because there already are several 30 point monsters in the series 3 line, and I'm judging this based on fleshing out the lower ranks as it were.

Also...thank you for deciding to do this this way. These are four of some of the best, and it really softens the blow of that price a lot ^_^

#112 keywolf

keywolf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

A 4 figure set sounds like a great idea! Great choices too. I'd definitely be interested in a set.

I'd mostly agree with Kung Fu Man's point values, but would be tempted to make Talus 20 pts, and Grendel 15 pts. Talus being an almost indestructible giant, with one weakness, and Grendel being more on par with Bigfoot and the like, at least to me.

If they are gonna be in series 3 colours, one colour each, might I make a suggestion?

Talus- Orange (he's made of bronze, neon orange is close enough!)
Grendel- Green (the MIMP artwork looks quite reptilian)
Sciapod- Pink (a big pink foot just seems right)
Bash Tchelik- Blue (it's the only colour left, would probably look ace anyway)

#113 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

Thank you guys!!!
Some more opinion could be really helpful...
Keywolf your idea about colours choice is absolutely good!
Anyway I think they'll be available in all colours we'll choose.

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 10 July 2011 - 11:25 AM.

#114 accountdeleted

accountdeleted

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

just a thought, what does everyone feel about bash having a star instead of a point value. if it is not having MEG on the foot it can not be mixed up with an official figure and this is basically a bonus monster, any thoughts?

#115 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

just a thought, what does everyone feel about bash having a star instead of a point value. if it is not having MEG on the foot it can not be mixed up with an official figure and this is basically a bonus monster, any thoughts?

I don't know.. I already talked about the Star monster...
I think might be better to leave it as a legend, "Exist or not?!"
But to create it now with this project I'm not agree...

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 10 July 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#116 Guest_MonsterInMyPocket_*

Guest_MonsterInMyPocket_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

Interesting idea! Bash Tchelik is definitely a missing figure, but he wasn't one of the 15 missing Series-3 figures. My only issue with your idea is that it might cause confusion about whether or not the real Star Monster actually exists. Bash Tchelik doesn't belong among the 15 missing S3 figures, but if he were to be included then I like your idea of separating him in some way.

Edited by MonsterInMyPocket, 10 July 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#117 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

I think the fact that the scultor is one of the original MIMP sculptors holds a lot of weight.

GTM, maybe your best bet is a Kickstarter project, like they did with OMFG?

Hey, Fede, if you want people to jump on board -- I'd love to, but it's way too expensive -- you should try to model this after the OMFG Toy example. I know that might be tougher to do, but you'd get the financial backing for certain. Just my take. Best of luck with this, though!

Already talked with the sculptor and being this an "Underground" project we cannot go looking for such a high visibility as the Kickstarter method.

#118 BananasAreGood

BananasAreGood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

I can see the problem with using Kickstarter; you don't want to be draw any unwanted attention to the project. It's unlikely MEG will have a problem with it, but it's best to be on the safe side. It's a shame, because Kickstarter would probably be the easiest way of financing it.

The Sciapod WIP figure looks fantastic. Really makes me wish I had some money to throw around! Still, I'd like to follow this project and I hope it comes to fruition.

My thoughts, points value-wise:

Sciapod: he looks cools, but he's basically just a freakish human. 10 points for this one, methinks.

Talus: 20 points, I'd say. A pretty powerful warrior, made from bronze. A strong fellow.

Grendel: 15 points. He's very cool, but at the end of the day he's just an ogre who picked a fight with the wrong hero, and then went home and cried to his mum. Not too powerful in the big scheme of things.

Bas Tchelik (or however you want to spell it): I'd make this the one 30-pointer. Nigh on indestructible, this guy.

So, pretty much in accordance with what those above have said. If you're looking at the rest of the bunch for the future, I'd go with:

20 points: Achelous, Djinn Shapeshifter, Hieracosphinx
15 points: Genie, Headless Man, Jabalius/Beast of Gevauden
10 points: Ankou, Banshee, Hairy Boggart, Hodag, Troll

Don't really know anything about Catarenha, so I'd be hesitant to venture an opinion on that one.

As for Bas Tchelik's numbering, how about making him number zero? That way he's marked out as something a little special, and doesn't interfere with the run of numbering for the full series.

Dan

#119 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

As for Bas Tchelik's numbering, how about making him number zero? That way he's marked out as something a little special, and doesn't interfere with the run of numbering for the full series.

Really good Idea!! This could really be the right way to go!!!

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 10 July 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#120 BananasAreGood

BananasAreGood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

Glad you like the idea :)

Dan

#121 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Ok, so I have an idea.

Obviously, this sculptor is a professional sculptor, which is why he wants so much per sculpt. I know Clawshine cost about $1000 to produce.

However, seeing all the activity and excitement in regards to the OMFG project, why don't you guys commission one of the many talented sculptors over there (at October Toys) to make these figures for you? From what I have seen, they are every bit as good as the team that made the original M.I.M.P. or M.U.S.C.L.E. figures.

True, it wouldn't carry the same pizazz as having an original MIMP sculptor working on the project, but it sure would be a hell of a lot cheaper. Maybe even as low as $25-$40 per figure.

#122 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

I concur with this idea: it gives him a place in the grand scheme of things without messing up the numbering, and makes him much more interesting and mysterious (kinda like how people reacted to MissingNo.'s rather unique number in Pokemon).

#123 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

Ok, so I have an idea.

Obviously, this sculptor is a professional sculptor, which is why he wants so much per sculpt. I know Clawshine cost about $1000 to produce.

Hi JK,
1000$ is the price to produce what? To carve one single prototype?

#124 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Hi JK,
1000$ is the price to produce what? To carve one single prototype?

Yes, I believe that is what professional sculptors are charging these days. I know of 2-3 that cost close to that amount. However, you could probably get one of the OMFG sculptors to do it for a fraction of that, per figure.

#125 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

i'll sculpt one for a pack of trident layers...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com