116 replies to this topic

#76 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:37 PM

What is this all about, anyhow?  Looks like little Lego cube dudes being stalked by what looks like a green shaft w/balls - ?

Is Minecraft the Pokemon of this decade?  I'm old and frightened of new things, dammit!!

(rolls eyes/angrily throws crushed beer can into the yard.)

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#77 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

It's basically LEGO: The Video Game, only with more OCD.  You can build anything out of anything, although there's also a survival horror factor.  And the green dudes were originally a graphical glitch but later got turned into a monster.

Anyway, the series 4 blind boxes are as such:

A - Slime Cubes

B - Tabby Cat

C - Screaming Enderman

D - Sneaking Creeper

E - Zombie At Door

F - Spawning Spider

G - Rabbit

H - Steve? with Arrow Damage

I - Priest Villager

J - Skeleton with Pumpkin Armor

K - Alex? with Cake

L - Sheared Sheep

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#78 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:34 PM

A - Slime Cubes

B - Tabby Cat

C - Screaming Enderman

D - Sneaking Creeper

E - Zombie At Door

F - Spawning Spider

G - Rabbit

I - Priest Villager

K - Alex? with Cake

L - Sheared Sheep

thanks for this, been meaning to look this up but ah, I'm lazy. gonna check FM for that screaming enderman this evening...

#79 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

It's easy to tell - A-B-C etc. actually matches the order they appear on the box, it's just a matter of figuring out which figure is "A."  I bought four, and triangulated perfectly after the first.

#80 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

It's basically LEGO: The Video Game, only with more OCD.  You can build anything out of anything, although there's also a survival horror factor.  And the green dudes were originally a graphical glitch but later got turned into a monster.

A - Slime Cubes

B - Tabby Cat

C - Screaming Enderman

D - Sneaking Creeper

E - Zombie At Door

F - Spawning Spider

G - Rabbit

I - Priest Villager

K - Alex? with Cake

L - Sheared Sheep

Skeleton w/ pumpkin helmet is actually H. I've got it. They stuck with putting the exclusives in I through L.

I would guess Steve with arrow damage is I and Priest Villager J. The others should be right.

#81 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:03 PM

Skeleton w/ pumpkin helmet is actually H. I've got it. They stuck with putting the exclusives in I through L.

I would guess Steve with arrow damage is I and Priest Villager J. The others should be right.

That is correct. The last four are the blind-box exclusives.

#82 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

I don't think the spider in the spawning cage is the same sculpt s the Series 1 spider.  it's smaller, and appears to be on fire - was there a burning spider variant?

#83 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:34 PM

Where on the package are you finding the letters?
I've never bought any blind bagged toys

#84 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

On the bottom of thebox, there is an embossed code, idential except for the next-to-last letter.

#85 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:55 PM

Thanks man I appreciate it. My daughter is collecting these and I'm tired of getting doubles and triples

#86 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

I don't think the spider in the spawning cage is the same sculpt s the Series 1 spider.  it's smaller, and appears to be on fire - was there a burning spider variant?

Don't know how familiar you are with the game, but that's how spawners appear in game:

monster-spawner.png

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#87 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:37 AM

Flaming spider escapes!

Also joins forces with the two other spiders!

Attached Files

#88 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:51 AM

These are CRAFTABLES by JINX. Got them at Target for $8.99 each. I've seen them at TRU and Hot Topic for around $12.50 each.

c46e02e3-2bd3-40fd-9fcb-ba96874a4c67_zps

#89 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:09 PM

I may get myself a second spawning spider just to free the flaming spider now.

#90 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:57 PM

I saw this lady at Target -- she was probably 80 years old -- she was just smashing and crushing these Minecraft blind boxes.  I realized that she was prying the box open so she could get her fingers inside (NO innuendo intended) and feel up the inner blind bag to determine what figure was inside.  I went up to her and told her about the coding system so she would not have to destroy and open the boxes.  She seemed completely ungrateful.  I guess she was mostly shocked and embarrassed that I caught her.  Or at least approached her -- she really was not even being discreet about it.  Maybe she thought I was security.   Anyway, just trying to help. Tis the season... :o

Edited by steverotters, 23 December 2015 - 09:01 PM.

#91 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:54 PM

I saw this lady at Target -- she was probably 80 years old -- she was just smashing and crushing these Minecraft blind boxes.  I realized that she was prying the box open so she could get her fingers inside (NO innuendo intended) and feel up the inner blind bag to determine what figure was inside.  I went up to her and told her about the coding system so she would not have to destroy and open the boxes.  She seemed completely ungrateful.  I guess she was mostly shocked and embarrassed that I caught her.  Or at least approached her -- she really was not even being discreet about it.  Maybe she thought I was security.   Anyway, just trying to help. Tis the season... :o

Nice. I was getting some extra sneaking Creepers for my kids yesterday and a father/daughter were waiting for me to finish so she could get a few boxes. I asked if there were certain ones she was looking for because I could help them with the codes. They were both thankful that she could get the 3 she really wanted. That was the first time I've had the chance to help strangers in a store with my code knowledge.

#92 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:16 PM

That is cool!  I have actually helped people in stores maybe 9 or 10 times with codes and the like.  This was just the first time I interrupted someone doing something shady!  I mean, she was destroying the boxes. I know I have told people about codes on Imaginext, K'nex, Mega Bloks.  Pretty much whenever I see someone doing the ol' "feel method."  Either that or they will see me looking at the packs, wondering what I am doing, so I will just explain it. With Lego I will usually just jump in and say "who are you looking for?" and I will feel the packs with them until I find it.  Like a pack picking ninja.  Haha.  Not really.  I've also come across people with their own codes written down or on their phone.  Especially with Lego, we have some real brickheads around here!

#93 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

For my Canadian brethren, Dollarama got the Netherrack series 3 blind boxes in stock for TWO BUCKS.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#94 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

Judging by the popularity of this line, I wondered who might appear in Series 5. 

I went to the Minecraft Wiki and was surprised to find that the characters are basically tapped out.

There is basically the Shulker, the Killer Bunny, the Chicken Jockey, and the Giant left.

Those familiar with the actual game, who do you want to see in the next round of figures?

#95 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

Those familiar with the actual game, who do you want to see in the next round of figures?

Given that I play on the console only, they've covered more than I actually have access to at the moment.

It would be cool if they did some of the default character skins for Steve outside of just Steve in different armour. I don't even think it would need a new mold, just a different paint job. (Black Steve, Jogger Steve, Boxer Steve, etc.)

It would also be nice to get some in-scale blocks to add for displaying them.

Edited by Draznar, 09 January 2016 - 08:13 PM.

<p> </p>
<p>

#96 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:52 PM

Yeah, I think they want you to buy that display cube to display them.  ;)

You can paint Steve's eyes white and have yourself a Herobrine.

Attached Files

#97 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

Judging by the popularity of this line, I wondered who might appear in Series 5. 

I went to the Minecraft Wiki and was surprised to find that the characters are basically tapped out.

There is basically the Shulker, the Killer Bunny, the Chicken Jockey, and the Giant left.

The chicken jockey (mini zombie riding a chicken that looks like a duck) would probably be my favorite figure in the line. I saw a Siamese cat today in my son's game. There has to be enough variants of characters to come up with another 16 figures. Herobrine would be a good one. Maybe put a pumpkin helmet on Steve. 

#98 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:13 PM

The chicken jockey (mini zombie riding a chicken that looks like a duck) would probably be my favorite figure in the line. I saw a Siamese cat today in my son's game. There has to be enough variants of characters to come up with another 16 figures. Herobrine would be a good one. Maybe put a pumpkin helmet on Steve. 

But if they put in Herobrine, they'd have to confirm that he's actually in something.

<p> </p>
<p>

#99 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:24 AM

Got some series 5 blind boxes and the codes don't correspond to the position on the blind box at all.

A5 Spawning Zombie Pigman

B5 Attacking Ghast

C5 Steve with mismatched armor

D5 Iron Golem with flower

E5 Killer Rabbit

F5 Alex with boat*

G5 Chicken Zombie (chicken jockey)

H5 Teleporting Enderman

L5 Skeleton in flames*

I also picked up I5, J5, and K5 are Wolf with bone, Siamese Cat* and Donkey with chests*, but I don't know which letter is which because I gave I through L to my kid to open assuming those 4 would be the exclusives again.

*exclusives to blind boxes

Edited by iwao, 13 March 2016 - 07:52 AM.

#100 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:02 AM

54f17939-0a5e-4af2-8732-df4c1f32f691_zps

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com