2319 replies to this topic

#126 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:36 AM

Okay, Well I'll start on Kinnikuman if someone can provide me the images cleaned. I'll text them all I hate fixing/cleaning images that's not my department. In the meantime I been translating Go Nagai's works on my downtime away from Kin.
Banned for making personal threats.

#127 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:anime

writing stories

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

Hey, why isn't there anymore chapters in manga fox?

Because nobody bothered to upload them. Just go to "upload chapter", then upload the .rar.

But I don't have a .rar. and it's unidentified by my computer, sorry :huh: :lol:

"Anger and Hatred, they cause lots of problems, yet it's hard to avoid."

#128 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Back from the con. I'll upload 70 and 71 onto our site ASAP.

#129 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

writing stories

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

you're about to finish Volume 6, right?

#130 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Uploaded chapters 70 and 71, and posted on mangapudates.

#131 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

you're about to finish Volume 6, right?

9 more chapters, unless someone else is doing them without my knowledge. Like I said, I'm going slow.
Posted Image

#132 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

writing stories

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:04 AM

well, i tried to download it but it said that my computer can't identify it. Why? :kid:

#133 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:50 AM

Do you have winrar installed?

#134 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

writing stories

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:54 AM

nope

#135 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

nope

http://www.win-rar.com/

That should help.

#136 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

Well I'm finished vol. 1 of Jii-chan G. And I know while you probably don't want me back, I'll be starting vol. 7 tomorrow in the translations...and with not much of that volume to do (since the rest was done by Toriyama World), once that's done we're on to the Golden Mask! (though I wonder: did anyone do the "recap chapter" after the second Olympiad arc?)

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#137 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

Well I'm finished vol. 1 of Jii-chan G. And I know while you probably don't want me back, I'll be starting vol. 7 tomorrow in the translations...and with not much of that volume to do (since the rest was done by Toriyama World), once that's done we're on to the Golden Mask! (though I wonder: did anyone do the "recap chapter" after the second Olympiad arc?)

...crap. I've procrastinated too long. Time to speed edit the hell out of this volume...

Chapter 72: The middle of the fight apparently wasn't very interesting.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=IWNB4FER

Chapter 73: For those who don't know, Black Shadow is named after a type of motorcycle. Although if he inspired this guy is up for debate.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=QH38WS5E

Chapter 74: The final showdown between Kinnikuman/Terryman and those annoying guys begins. Once this arc is done, they mysteriously disappear until Nisei. (except for the rock one, who stays disappeared)
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=NWT347O

Chapter 75: 4 in one sitting. It's a new record!
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=VQWJYJ5C

Chapter 76: Before anyone asks, the Wildwords font looks really weird in Kinnikuman normally. This title page is the only time it looks good.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=P7N2EX6A

Dammit, the next chapter is one of those awful "do nothing before an important battle" chapters. I'm not in the mood for it, so it waits until tomorrow.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:47 AM.

Posted Image

#138 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

You don't have to rush it on my account, Stecase. I am actually trying to slow myself down anyway so I don't make all of you go nuts...and so I can have work to do on it regardless of when. And speaking of which:

Chp. 81: It's Christmas with the Roaches! (with...that Choujin hero): http://mangahelpers....u/releases/9392

It's sort of strange, though, that with this chapter (among the next few, including the next two which TW had done so I'm moving to 84 next), Yudetamago does seem to increase the world beyond Choujin wrestling back in the "Kaijuu-hunting" style. It shows what could have been done if it weren't for what the series is known for.

Posted Image

#139 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

You don't have to rush it on my account, Stecase. I am actually trying to slow myself down anyway so I don't make all of you go nuts...and so I can have work to do on it regardless of when.

Don't worry about it, it's my own fault taking an extended break a while back. Besides, I'm getting sick of hearing "When's the Akuma Shogun arc gonna get done?", so feel free to get volume 7 done as fast as you want.

Edited by Stecase King, 04 February 2009 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image

#140 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

You don't have to rush it on my account, Stecase. I am actually trying to slow myself down anyway so I don't make all of you go nuts...and so I can have work to do on it regardless of when.

Don't worry about it, it's my own fault taking an extended break a while back. Besides, I'm getting sick of hearing "When's the Akuma Shogun arc gonna get done?", so feel free to get volume 7 done as fast as you want.

Rate I'm going, I've got 6 chapters left: two with the wacky adventures of Suguru and Bibinda and the "Magnificent 7" story. Besides, are that many people really that anticipatory of the Golden Mask? If they want to know what happens, then just have them click the following spoiler:

Spoiler

...yeah, they want the long version.

Posted Image

#141 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

Can you reupload 74, Tash? It's saying it's invalid.

#142 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

Rate I'm going, I've got 6 chapters left: two with the wacky adventures of Suguru and Bibinda and the "Magnificent 7" story. Besides, are that many people really that anticipatory of the Golden Mask? If they want to know what happens, then just have them click the following spoiler:

Spoiler

...yeah, they want the long version.

Every single time I get into a discussion about the series, someone will always say something to the effect of "I can't wait for the Gold Mask arc". Always. Hell, just the other day, someone very bluntly requested that we skip the next few arcs (not realizing they've already been translated) and get right to Akuma Shogun. (At this point I'm temped to do the whole thing in Comic Sans just to spite them.)

At least I'm enjoying the America arc.

Chapter 77: Except this chapter.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=LV4JDL4L

Chapter 78: Sorry for shortening the kid's name. It just felt right. (and sorry again for not using the common spelling)
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=UHVR4549

Chapter 79: If you think Terryman's hijacking the plot is bad, wait until you see Robin Mask's fights in the last arc.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=U0EJUT22

Chapter 74 reupload:
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=NWT347OR

Posted Image

#143 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

writing stories

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:45 AM

Is there anymore besides .rar.? So i can download it and put it on Manga fox?

#144 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:04 AM

On the Kinnikuman page of mangafox, when you're logged in, the words "Upload a manga chapter" should appear. Click on it and fill out the information it wants. You can upload the .rar there, even if you can't actually open it yourself.
Posted Image

#145 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

writing stories

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:48 AM

On the Kinnikuman page of mangafox, when you're logged in, the words "Upload a manga chapter" should appear. Click on it and fill out the information it wants. You can upload the .rar there, even if you can't actually open it yourself.

thanks

#146 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:23 AM

Anyhow, now that that's settled, here's the final chapter of volume 6!

Chapter 80: Did you know that in Japan garlic is commonly thought of as an aphrodisiac? Does that have anything to do with Kinnikuman? You decide.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=YCF9ZR2O

Thanks to everyone who helped with volume 6. (more credits than usual this time around)

Ataru, for translating more quickly than anyone could possibly complain about.
Kinnikuman_Muscle/Jak3tr0n, for doing that one chapter in volume 5 and providing moral support.
Orgg, because you got the project off the ground, even though you haven't done anything since September.
Meat's Fan, for putting them up on Manga Fox. (someone else named Gonbefan is also uploading it there. Is that you?)
Knuxie, for single-handedly taking care of all of the chapters while I was taking a break (aside from that one chapter in volume 5). Also for keeping the site up-to-date (although it could use a bit of color), keeping Manga-updates alert to releases, and taking care of all the things that nobody else wants to.

Special mention goes to the Brazilian Kid, for trying to pick up my slack.

Only a few more chapters until we're finally done cleaning up TW's mess. Keep at it, everyone. We're almost there.

Posted Image

#147 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

Hey!

I've been reading 'em!

Granted, school is so buisy that I'm actually still behind. The last thing I read was 'Search for a Partner' a week or two ago.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#148 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:31 AM

Every single time I get into a discussion about the series, someone will always say something to the effect of "I can't wait for the Gold Mask arc". Always. Hell, just the other day, someone very bluntly requested that we skip the next few arcs (not realizing they've already been translated) and get right to Akuma Shogun. (At this point I'm temped to do the whole thing in Comic Sans just to spite them.)

At least I'm enjoying the America arc.

Chapter 77: Except this chapter.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=LV4JDL4L

Chapter 78: Sorry for shortening the kid's name. It just felt right. (and sorry again for not using the common spelling)
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=UHVR4549

Chapter 79: If you think Terryman's hijacking the plot is bad, wait until you see Robin Mask's fights in the last arc.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=U0EJUT22

Believe it or not, the story with "wheelchair kid" wasn't too bad to me compared to you. As much as I really hated Terry essentially taking over the second half of the America arc after Suguru did such a fun job in the first half handling the problems, Robert did an essential job of finally forcing Terry to realize the importance of fighting with his prosthetic leg and why he had to keep going. There were much worse things in that arc than Robert...like the whole bit with him fighting with Kinkotsuman :)

And as for why we're not just jumping to Akuma Shogun, I made a promise to get the full series out there. And gosh darn it, I wanted to keep it! Therefore, we're getting the full story, warts and all, of the Kinnikuman saga! (and BTW: I am really seriously also thinking of doing another skipped TW chapter: the "recap of the Choujin Olympics" prior to the start of the 7 Devil Choujin arc (it's the very end of vol. 9)...once that is done alongside the 6 that are left in vol. 7, then we'll be ready for the Golden Mask.

Posted Image

#149 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

Aw, thanks, Tash. XD Yeah, all the white's been bothering me but I wanted a simple layout until I could think of some layout ideas and we started uploading more chapters. I'm slowly plotting now. I'll also upload the chapters tonight since today's my mom's birthday.

#150 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

Believe it or not, the story with "wheelchair kid" wasn't too bad to me compared to you. As much as I really hated Terry essentially taking over the second half of the America arc after Suguru did such a fun job in the first half handling the problems, Robert did an essential job of finally forcing Terry to realize the importance of fighting with his prosthetic leg and why he had to keep going. There were much worse things in that arc than Robert...like the whole bit with him fighting with Kinkotsuman :lol:

And as for why we're not just jumping to Akuma Shogun, I made a promise to get the full series out there. And gosh darn it, I wanted to keep it! Therefore, we're getting the full story, warts and all, of the Kinnikuman saga! (and BTW: I am really seriously also thinking of doing another skipped TW chapter: the "recap of the Choujin Olympics" prior to the start of the 7 Devil Choujin arc (it's the very end of vol. 9)...once that is done alongside the 6 that are left in vol. 7, then we'll be ready for the Golden Mask.

I guess you and I are the only two who actually like these chapters. They don't sound important when you're just hearing about them, but they really do add a lot to the later chapters. By that time, Ramenman and Terryman have already been well established, so skipping these chapters makes the characters seem incredibly bland. I actually like those guys after reading these chapters.

I didn't really mind the wheelchair kid chapter on it's own, I just really, REALLY hate doing those between-match buildup chapters. I still have nightmares about the one with Robin Mask and the giant animals...
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com