134 replies to this topic

#51 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

I, uh, took the easy way out and ordered online for the person's gift. I don't care if it's opened before Christmas, but I ordered it on the 3rd, so...

Any day now.

Any day.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#52 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

i sent mine out this morning. i hope the person likes the gift. i did a little research, double checking some things. i dunno. i tried my best to meet the needs of the unique individual that was randomly selected for me. i hope my thoughts and efforts can bring a flicker of joy to a fellow little rubber collector/lover. While eating at a little rubber buffet, it is almost rude not to go up for seconds. To the person that will shortly open a small piece of history, keep it mind that this gift was put together for YOU, and you alone. For when you make the decision to sit down and actually eat at this little rubber dinner table, there is no option but to clean your plate. There will be no leftovers, and absolutely nothing can be pushed to the side. I am not a big enough man to try and play santa, even if it was just a secret. At best, i wish to try and be your waiter, a waiter at a 4 star little rubber restraunt, food served with love.
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#53 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:27 PM

huh? :)

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#54 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:09 PM

I guess i should be happy they're not bothering though...much like u-scans at the grocery store, i'd imagine all it takes is one person to create a 20-minute wait out of something simple. :lol:

I ALWAYS use the automated machine and I have been behind that person several times. I mean come on...how hard is it to follow the prompts? :)

I have actually seen someone go inside and get help on using the machine :help: :)

But having said that it is still much better than waiting in horrendous lines. My closest post office likes to wait until the line is out the door and then send two clerks on break (out of four or even three)...wtf?!?!? I have never seen all of the counters staffed at once.

/rant

Anyway I sent mine out last week so hopfully it will arrive soon.

Happy Holidays and good luck to anyone who still has to brave the post office :D

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#55 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:00 AM

"I am not a big enough man to try and play santa, even if it was just a secret. " Awesome line.

My best experience using an automated machine was at the opening of the the new Bond movie. There must have been 100 people in line and my pals and I scooted right up to the automated machine, bought our tickets and went in. A few people actually yelled that I wasn't allowed to do that and a theater worker had to calm the guy down and tell him "that's what the machines are there for. "

#56 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:45 AM

I just noticed why does this say 2nd secret santa, havent we been doing this for several years?

#57 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

"I am not a big enough man to try and play santa, even if it was just a secret. " Awesome line.

My best experience using an automated machine was at the opening of the the new Bond movie. There must have been 100 people in line and my pals and I scooted right up to the automated machine, bought our tickets and went in. A few people actually yelled that I wasn't allowed to do that and a theater worker had to calm the guy down and tell him "that's what the machines are there for. "

:)
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#58 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:42 PM

Plus teh automated service is available 24 hours a day at one local Post Office. My nearest office does not provide that service, unfortunately.

Yeah, some of them don't have it, all i'm saying is it's hilarious to see people standing like two feet from an unused machine and complaining about how long it's taking them to mail their small package.

I guess i should be happy they're not bothering though...much like u-scans at the grocery store, i'd imagine all it takes is one person to create a 20-minute wait out of something simple. :)

Well i got mine! Woot woot! Should i post some pics, see if anyone can guess who my secret santa was? :)
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#59 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

I got mine! Luckily, I looked down by the drop off box for mail in my apartment building, because the mail man couldn't fit the box in my mail box and he didn't want to go upstairs and leave it outside my door.

So, LHSsenior got me a cute bead bracelet with a painted kitty bead on it and a bunch of black foam.

No!

It's a painted miniature of an evil looking snake lady with horns and six arms (all carrying some type of weapon). The pink ribbon from its ass, on the haft of the weapons, and other bits are a nice touch.

This is so going to work with me on Monday. It goes with my Staples "That was Easy" button and the snapping jaw T-Rex I pretend is Grimlock.

:wallbash:

Thank you!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#60 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

Mine arrived as well. Eric (koppenschevelle) sent my daughter and me a set of Scooby Doo DVDs and a package of Scooby Gummies. Thanks!

#61 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

i got mine!

it was great and whoever sent it really must have thought about what i would like.

i got the 5 sive series 2 gormiti lords which are really cool and look great on my gormiti shelf. i also got a stag beetle ( i think its real) in a block of clear plastic which i am also really pleased with.

thanks secret santa!

i sent mine two weeks ago.. it had to get to canada does post to canada take more than 2 weeks?

oli
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#62 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

i sent mine two weeks ago.. it had to get to canada does post to canada take more than 2 weeks?

I don't know about Canada, but whenever you ship something to me it only takes like 4-5 days. It's crazy-fast for some reason.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#63 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:07 AM

Mine's off and running! Hopefully it will get there on the 24th! (or sooner)

#64 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:18 AM

I don't know about Canada, but whenever you ship something to me it only takes like 4-5 days. It's crazy-fast for some reason.

i had visions of canada being all snowy with wooden houses ang post only once a fortnight.

...maybe a hat made out of a racoon....

... and a yeti...
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#65 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

Shipping to Canada is a totally different beast compared to the US. Canada Post arbitrarily tacks two extra weeks onto delivery times, it seems. It's a much wider range than when shipping between the US and UK, which is crazy considering the additional distance.

#66 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

i had visions of canada being all snowy with wooden houses ang post only once a fortnight.

...maybe a hat made out of a racoon....

... and a yeti...

No Yeti, just Sasquatch.

#67 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

i sent mine out this morning. i hope the person likes the gift. i did a little research, double checking some things. i dunno. i tried my best to meet the needs of the unique individual that was randomly selected for me. i hope my thoughts and efforts can bring a flicker of joy to a fellow little rubber collector/lover. While eating at a little rubber buffet, it is almost rude not to go up for seconds. To the person that will shortly open a small piece of history, keep it mind that this gift was put together for YOU, and you alone. For when you make the decision to sit down and actually eat at this little rubber dinner table, there is no option but to clean your plate. There will be no leftovers, and absolutely nothing can be pushed to the side. I am not a big enough man to try and play santa, even if it was just a secret. At best, i wish to try and be your waiter, a waiter at a 4 star little rubber restraunt, food served with love.

Having just received my bundle of LRG goodness, i would like to hereby nominate cassel87 as best Santa ever. Seriously, i have no idea how you managed to put together so much stuff that i didn't own, but it was amazing. Here's a sampling of what i got, for the interested:

Several colored M.U.S.C.L.E.s, some kinnikuman 4", mini, and SD figures, some painted Kinnikuman minis with their own little stands and everything (what is this line? it's awesome!!), some Gormiti (my first ones!), an Army Ant, and some fantastic Kinnikuman postcard-type things with anime-style art and crazy foil backgrounds (i am going out asap to get frames for these, they need hung up!). Oh, and some Street Fighter minis, the best of which being my favorite character Zangief!! Seriously awesome. I will try to get some pictures taken in a little while, but right now i am just too overwhelmed with all the new members of my LRG family.

Your concerns were all for nothing, Chris, you are indeed fit for the Santa suit. Thank you for making my collection so much more awesome!!

And incidentally, the USPS website says my Secret Santa gift arrived on its Secret Recipient's doorstep yesterday early afternoon. Soooo, here is hoping that's actually the case! :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#68 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:50 PM

Shipping to Canada is a totally different beast compared to the US. Canada Post arbitrarily tacks two extra weeks onto delivery times, it seems. It's a much wider range than when shipping between the US and UK, which is crazy considering the additional distance.

And the fact that the post is hand delivered by a mountie riding a moose, it really slows things down.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#69 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

Scumdog, you my friend are the man. As soon as i got the package, i was already hoping for what i got. Amazing. Ryan created me a museum quality picture of Slow Poke Sloth . It is really awesome. I will post pictures soon, i just dont wanna take it off the wall. Your art is just really amazing in person. Thank you sooo much. Its weird as hell that we both got each other. I tryed to put together something you didnt have and that you would like, i was kinda worried, but im glad it all worked out. thanks again, i really appreciate it. :)

#70 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:13 PM

A magical moment!

#71 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

It's a Christmas miracle! :)

Glad you liked the drawing, Chris! I would've enclosed a picture of Laser Girlfriend as well, but i was afraid Slowpoke would run off with her in transit.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#72 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

hahahaahha. laser girlfriend can be like that dude in the painting in ghostbusters 2. except more scary.

Edited by cassel87, 20 December 2008 - 05:20 PM.

#73 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

Plus teh automated service is available 24 hours a day at one local Post Office. My nearest office does not provide that service, unfortunately.

Yeah, some of them don't have it, all i'm saying is it's hilarious to see people standing like two feet from an unused machine and complaining about how long it's taking them to mail their small package.

I guess i should be happy they're not bothering though...much like u-scans at the grocery store, i'd imagine all it takes is one person to create a 20-minute wait out of something simple. :thumbsup:

Well i got mine! Woot woot! Should i post some pics, see if anyone can guess who my secret santa was? :)

:huh: ;)

#74 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:12 AM

W00t! I recieved mine today, It's awesome, Topher sent me a pink MIMP Werewolf, an awesome Blue MUSCLE, a Kinkeshi, a CD full of awesome Artwork, my first Dreidl...

...and prehaps the greatest gift ever....

....A USB flash drive with stand.....

....But not just a flash drive, a flash drive created from a MIMP Jotun Troll... It's Fricken head lights up when you plug it in! :thumbsup: :huh: :)

Thank you sooo much!

Attached File  santa.jpg   355.21K   26 downloads

Attached File  santa_2.jpg   226.61K   17 downloads

Attached File  santa_3.jpg   138.16K   21 downloads
Posted Image

#75 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:31 AM