21 replies to this topic

#1 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:03 AM

I was watching Sonic X, and to my surprise, I saw Mike Pollock's name in the credits! HE DID...

Posted Image - ... DR. EGGMAN!! I can't believe he surprised us all by claiming that he didn't get the voice of Eggman, but at the time, he said that he didn't think that he would. He remained vague when he got the voice! He was good as Eggman. What did you think of Mike as Dr. Eggman? Do you think that he should paste Eggman's moustache onto the photo of him with Meat's fin, and change his title to "I am the Eggman! That's what I am!"
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#2 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:30 AM

I saw it but did not see Eggman speak.
Posted Image
Just when you think it's safe to go back on the internet...

!!!DRAGON BALL CENTRAL!!!

Now with UM Series 1-5, 8 of 10 CCG Sculpts, and 6.5" Figures!

#3 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:39 AM

http://www.samandfuz...isc/voices.html - Here, listen to them!
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#4 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:44 AM

I remember that now. Wow that's really different! I wonder what Mike Normaly sounds like?
Posted Image

#5 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 09:00 AM

I didnt even notice that it was him. After the show was over, I started playing Silent Hill 3. Good to know that Mike has got another job with the FoxBox.

Posted Image

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 09:57 AM

Do you think that he should paste Eggman's moustache onto the photo of him with Meat's fin,

That would be hilarious! B)

#7 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 02:47 PM

It would, but then maybe the title "The 4Kids Eggman" would be good, on the SonicAnime.net forums, at least.

#8 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:21 PM

Isn't that Dr. Robotnik? I swear that was his name.

BTW, what time was UM on today? I taped it at it's usual time 9:00 (central time), but I got Sonic X instead of UM. :lol:
Posted Image

#9 WarsmanandRamenmanrule

WarsmanandRamenmanrule

I can't think of anything good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:40 PM

Yeah when did Dr. Robotnik turn into Dr. Eggman? :lol: Mike you did a perfect eggman voice. Just like in the game. Great job.

#10 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:51 PM

BTW, what time was UM on today? I taped it at it's usual time 9:00 (central time), but I got Sonic X instead of UM. :lol:

I dont think that it came on today. Today they were showing previews for the new shows....Sonic X and Funky Cops.

Posted Image

#11 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:46 PM

I dont think that it came on today. Today they were showing previews for the new shows....Sonic X and Funky Cops.

Darn Funky Cops! :lol:
Posted Image

#12 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:53 AM

I think that it was because of Sonic Adventure 2, that they decided to use the name "Dr. Eggman," in the games. That would be good, especially if it's much better than the Americanized name "Dr. Robotnik!"

#13 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:49 AM

I think that it was because of Sonic Adventure 2, that they decided to use the name "Dr. Eggman," in the games. That would be good, especially if it's much better than the Americanized name "Dr. Robotnik!"

Dr. Robotnik's the only worthwhile name!
Posted Image

#14 itsamike

itsamike

The Man Behind The Meat!

• Legends
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

And for the benefit of Mystery Mask, check out My Webpage for more audio samples of me. The Fox Box Announcer Demo is a little closer to the real me.
--Mike
|= <

The opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of 4Kids Entertainment or its affiliates.

Want an autographed picture? Click here!

#15 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 05:18 PM

Blargh. I saw it today ^^' I liked some of the voices.. but they coulda done better. Mike was GREAT at Eggman, he sounded just like the actor from the game. Knuckles was perfect, as well as Cream. I enjoyed Tails voice and I knew.. Lisa Oritz (sp?) was going to do Amy :(;

Sonic voice could have been abit more.. cocky. And sometimes the acting was abig slow and lame. I just wish they would have kept the 'Special Milk', and "Kids, don't stand on moving cars!" line.

BTW, Eggman IS Robotnik. But Eggman was his original name because he's shapped like an egg. (Sonic and his pals call him Eggman) *dances around saying 'Chao Chao!' in a Chao voice*I can't wait to see Shadow and Rouge ^.^ Rachel Lillis would do a perfect Rouge. The theme song could have been better.. I liked the original japanese soundtrack better. It was more jazzy and Sonic like.

I've seen up to Episode 5, and I love the series. *puts a name tag on Mike that says "I am the Eggman."* Heheh.

#16 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 05:49 PM

- Here's an MP3 of the American Sonic X Theme.

I guess it's safe to say that this is 4Kids' FINEST dub, sort of. I was the one who said that Mike would be perfect to play Dr. Eggman, and my predictions were dead-on accurate, since I saw his name on the credits! You could say that I have a powerful sense of knowing things, like Pegasus with his Millenium Eye (Yu-Gi-Oh!)! *laughs like Pegasus*

#17 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 10:57 AM

BTW, Eggman IS Robotnik. But Eggman was his original name because he's shapped like an egg. (Sonic and his pals call him Eggman) *dances around saying 'Chao Chao!' in a Chao voice*I can't wait to see Shadow and Rouge ^.^ Rachel Lillis would do a perfect Rouge. The theme song could have been better.. I liked the original japanese soundtrack better. It was more jazzy and Sonic like.

Exactly. Eggman was the original Japanese Name (to my recallection) and they changed it to a Goofier name for American markets (M.U.S.C.L.E. fans should not be new to this!)

But, even if I don't like this show, it's a MILLION BILLION times better then the other Sonic shows

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog I liked this fine as a kid, but it annoys the hell out of me now! The whole thing tries to be funny, but it rarely is. There were a few good Scratch and Grounder moments (repeat a few) but the whole show was just too goofy, even for me! Not to mention the bad job they did with the animation!

Sonic the Hedgehog I liked it, but stuff was missing. After a while, it became too detatched from the video game, and became a quest for the Princess to find her father... I stopped watching after that.

Sonic Underground Never saw it... but 3x the Urkel (as 3 Hedghogs) is nothing but bad news.

I did like Funky Cops, and I don't know why. I guess I was the only one that got the refferences to Cheech Marin (Driving a school Bus!!!), Iggy Pop, and Paul Williams...
Posted Image

#18 Ramses

Ramses

Walking the path of heaven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:46 PM

Dr. Eggman is Dr. Robonick's name in Japanese. I think someone at 4Kids was asleep at the wheel when they wrote it (I think,unless Sega licenced the Dr. Eggman name for US use now.) If thats the case...will we be hearing from Mike as Eggman in Sonic Heroes (the new PS2 Sonic game)? Please say yes!

#19 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:09 PM

Dr. Eggman is Dr. Robonick's name in Japanese. I think someone at 4Kids was asleep at the wheel when they wrote it (I think,unless Sega licenced the Dr. Eggman name for US use now.) If thats the case...will we be hearing from Mike as Eggman in Sonic Heroes (the new PS2 Sonic game)? Please say yes!

They used in in Sonic Adventure Battle 2. I didn't know that name til' I saw that game.
Posted Image

#20 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 06:29 PM

I knew his name was Eggman for awhile. I was a die-hard Sonic fan. I must admit, the new voice of Sonic is MUCH better then Urkel. His japanese voice is sooo cute though ^.^ He says 'Thank you' in English.

#21 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 09:26 AM

True, but I really doubt that Mike'll do Eggman in Sonic Heroes, because like Ryan Drummond (VG Sonic's VA), Eggman's SA VA is only licenced to do Eggman in the games, just like Mike is licenced to do Eggman in Sonic X, from 4Kids Entertainment!

#22 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:20 PM

True, but I really doubt that Mike'll do Eggman in Sonic Heroes, because like Ryan Drummond (VG Sonic's VA), Eggman's SA VA is only licenced to do Eggman in the games, just like Mike is licenced to do Eggman in Sonic X, from 4Kids Entertainment!

Think about it. 2 different people plaied Earthworm Jim's voice in the gmae and the tv series. it's all licencing.
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com