#1 Eclipse86

Eclipse86

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins / MIMP

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

Had a go with some acetone, hasn't done a bad job so far. Only a 10mins scrub with a nail brush.

Hasn't damaged the rubber at all, and already looking much more detailed / less shit.

Will try it more throughly when I'm not busy and report back.

9uSlcL8.jpg

#2 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:18 AM

WD-40 Will usually take paint off with ease too.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#3 Snuff

Snuff

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:MIMP

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:37 AM

I haven't asked before about this because I haven't got any series 4... yet, but I was intrigued by the possibility. I also thought that some of you guys could considere it blasphemy but... true MIMPs have one color :p .

Thanks for the info, keep reporting please. I think this series has some nice figures, but the size and the paint... not my cup of tea. Anyways, I think the overall quality of the sculpt isn't half as good than the first series, anyone know what happened?

#4 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:48 AM

I haven't asked before about this because I haven't got any series 4... yet, but I was intrigued by the possibility. I also thought that some of you guys could considere it blasphemy but... true MIMPs have one color :p .

Thanks for the info, keep reporting please. I think this series has some nice figures, but the size and the paint... not my cup of tea. Anyways, I think the overall quality of the sculpt isn't half as good than the first series, anyone know what happened?

I totally agree and I have a huge mimp collection. I hate the paint and have considered removing it if I ever decide too collect beyond series 3 and the foreign series releases. Plus most of them have badly damaged paint from years of abuse anyway.

#5 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:19 AM

That is a really good idea, They look better that way !

#6 kevinstowmarket

kevinstowmarket

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:23 AM

If you remove paint from the wreslers they look 200x better!!!

#7 mannakat

mannakat

Electro Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Creature junkie, werewolves, dinosaurs

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:19 AM

Curious if you've tried either Castrol Super Clean (think it's been renamed to just Super Clean) or Purple Power on any of those figs? Apparently they do really well at removing enamels and other paints from model cars without damaging the plastic. Wonder how they would fair against those figs.

#8 Mondo7

Mondo7

Getting back into collecting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Rebuilding/finding my original mimp collection.

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:32 AM

With the exception of Mikespaintedminiatures, mimp and paint is the shittiest idea in the history of shit ideas. Hopefully whoever pitched that idea fell down a hole.

#9 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

With the exception of Mikespaintedminiatures, mimp and paint is the shittiest idea in the history of shit ideas. Hopefully whoever pitched that idea fell down a hole.

Haha! Don't hold back your feelings. Just let it out. 

Actually, I totally agree. The line died for me with super scaries as a kid. I was so disappointed with them. What a terrible idea. If my friends and I were any indication; there was a lot of life and excitement left in the line that was immediately killed by series 4. That and the complete lack of series 2 beyond the mail-ins in the US. My experience was that I was all jazzed up for series 2 to come out and the line jumped straight to series 4.

#10 Mondo7

Mondo7

Getting back into collecting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Rebuilding/finding my original mimp collection.

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

I like some of series four, I think Creature From The Closet is one of the best mimp sculpts and Dybbuk could easily have fitted into any of the first three series. But mostly they are bad sculpts lazily covered up with crap paint.

Here's Dybbuk after some paintstripper. I noticed the stripper attacked the rubber around the injection point, where she was trimmed. I don't know why but Ive noticed alcohol damages this bit first-kinds of dries the rubber out and makes it brittle and white.

She makes me think of Aphex Twin's Come To Daddy haha

Attached Files

#11 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

I like some of series four, I think Creature From The Closet is one of the best mimp sculpts and Dybbuk could easily have fitted into any of the first three series. But mostly they are bad sculpts lazily covered up with crap paint.

Here's Dybbuk after some paintstripper. I noticed the stripper attacked the rubber around the injection point, where she was trimmed. I don't know why but Ive noticed alcohol damages this bit first-kinds of dries the rubber out and makes it brittle and white.

She makes me think of Aphex Twin's Come To Daddy haha

There are some great sculpts in the series that fit really well. It's just the inconsistency of the set that hurts it. The UK  exclusive Yama in solid neon green is an excellent figure. Dybuk, creature from the closet, Thunderdell, and drude are all great. With a few other exceptions; the rest are either just ok or terrible imo. 

#12 ChronicCollector

ChronicCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I used to have monsters in my pocket as a kid and something about these figures just brings back all those warm fuzzy memories from the 80's where my chief concerns where Christmas, my Birthday, Saturday morning cartoons, and what was for Dessert each night.

I'm just addicted to the collecting and the nostalgia of these guys, I can't stop collecting ! lol I need every color XD

I love the colors and I love the art design of the creatures, I've only recently started collecting but I find it very enjoyable. I am currently trying to get all the colors that glow brightly under a blacklight so I can set up a display :)

Anyways I'm happy to be a part of this MIMP community :)

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:14 PM

I'm very interested in removing the paint from these as well, please let us know if the acetone works without damaging them ! Also, what ratio of Acetone to water did you use ? And someone else mentioned WD-40, I'll have to see if that works too.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com