arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:10 PM

Saw this a few days ago...

http://cgi.ebay.com/.....AMEWA:IT&rd=1

Two bidders then it ended 6 hours after it began. Seller said he sold it outside of ebay and I informed him that he had a very rare figure in that lot and I hope he got bank for it. He asked me which figure was the rare one, I told him the Purple Claw.

No message back yet.

Edited by arforbes, 03 October 2005 - 10:27 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#2 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:30 PM

Well makeing offers off of ebay is quite normal.
Hey who hasn't,I remember some guy, ^_^ ,was after some
Battle Beast(Stone Cobra) I was high bidder on.....and Poof!,
it was gone.The seller turned out to be a fraud though and tried
to get as much as he could off of ebay.

:D ,Now we know of 2 Purple #153.
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#3 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:35 PM

Three actually. Oh and I have done it, but obviously others have too, I wonder who got this one? ^_^
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:33 AM

Alex, I wouldn't call anyone out on eBay behavior/etiquette.

Edited by General Veers, 04 October 2005 - 05:34 AM.

#5 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

Rules for Buyers: Overview

eBay's rules for buyers help ensure that transactions at eBay are safe and hassle-free. The following activities are not permitted on eBay:

-Transaction Interference

-Invalid Bid Retraction

-Unpaid Items

-Unwelcome Buying/Bidding

-Shill Bidding

-Solicitation of an Off-site Sale

Violations of these policies may result in a range of actions, including:

-Listing cancellation

-Limits on account privileges

-Account suspension

-Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

-Loss of PowerSeller status

To report a policy violation:

1. Find the link to report a violation on the policy page.

2. Include the appropriate information, including any relevant emails, with full descriptions in the subject line and complete email headers. Learn more about displaying complete headers.

3. Only report a case once; multiple emails about the same case slow an investigation.

^_^
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#6 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:41 AM

Rules for Buyers: Overview

eBay's rules for buyers help ensure that transactions at eBay are safe and hassle-free. The following activities are not permitted on eBay:

-Transaction Interference

-Invalid Bid Retraction

-Unpaid Items

-Unwelcome Buying/Bidding

-Shill Bidding

-Solicitation of an Off-site Sale

Violations of these policies may result in a range of actions, including:

-Listing cancellation

-Limits on account privileges

-Account suspension

-Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

-Loss of PowerSeller status

To report a policy violation:

1. Find the link to report a violation on the policy page.

2. Include the appropriate information, including any relevant emails, with full descriptions in the subject line and complete email headers. Learn more about displaying complete headers.

3. Only report a case once; multiple emails about the same case slow an investigation.

^_^

:D

Yeah, no one has ever broken any eBay rules.

:lol:

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:30 PM

'twas I. I got the lot for $220. The claw for Doc_Moore_J and the rest of the figures are going into my stock for the SD Comic Con next year, sans the few that Beligerant needs.

#8 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:40 PM

:wacko:

I love you Johnny :cry:

She still got some bank, I am glad Johnny took it before that one high roller that seems to bid on only extrememly rare auctions (and oddly nothing else muscle related whatsoever) and yet seems to hardly ever pay for them so they end up gettin relisted at a later time. That guy is a total douche bag.

#9 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:46 PM

Alex, I wouldn't call anyone out on eBay behavior/etiquette.

Who said I was. I don't see how this constitutes calling anyone out. I am just saying that others obviously have done what I have with that claw auction, and other auctions like the first BHS that I am sure you remember. Made an offer outside of ebay. Johnny did a cool thing, got the claw for Doc, as did I for Beligerant1.

That's all.
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#10 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:04 PM

I love you Johnny :cry:

She still got some bank, I am glad Johnny took it before that one high roller that seems to bid on only extrememly rare auctions (and oddly nothing else muscle related whatsoever) and yet seems to hardly ever pay for them so they end up gettin relisted at a later time. That guy is a total douche bag.

Alright eff you guys, I don't have to take this shizznit, you wanna know the truth...

I PAID FOR IT!!!

Just like I did the Purple Claw, with the intention of giving it to someone later, which I did. I was hoping to eventually do the same with this, but haven't yet because of how much the effing thing was and that I don't know who would be deserving enough, because everyone wants one. I had Philly in mind because he was the high bidder and I felt bad to outbid him at the last moment. I like doing nice things I guess for my friends. Something else you guys may not know, I have a shizznit load of money and it really isn't that important to me, I give all the time, if you only knew how much.

Maybe if you all would have just asked me instead of sneakingly searching for clues and then straight up blaming me right off the bat, I might have told you from the get go.

Biggest clue yet...

Attached Files

• Attached File  BHSs.JPG   126.65K   183 downloads

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:16 PM

Well Alex, you do have two of them.

But... you are also in the process of trying to sell it to Ricardo in Brazil for $1000.

Which is fine, I mean, you paid $910 for it. (ouch!)

But why the whole fake account with Yapiel and all?

Since you went ahead and posted it on the board, I am going to move the thread that has been going on it the staff lounge about the whole scenario. It will be here shortly.

And, although you used a duplicate ebay username, since it was a legit auction I will re-edit the BHS pricing and edit my comments it the related threads.

#12 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:18 PM

I love you Johnny  :cry:

She still got some bank, I am glad Johnny took it before that one high roller that seems to bid on only extrememly rare auctions (and oddly nothing else muscle related whatsoever) and yet seems to hardly ever pay for them so they end up gettin relisted at a later time.  That guy is a total douche bag.

Alright eff you guys, I don't have to take this shizznit, you wanna know the truth...

I PAID FOR IT!!!

Just like I did the Purple Claw, with the intention of giving it to someone later, which I did. I was hoping to eventually do the same with this, but haven't yet because of how much the effing thing was and that I don't know who would be deserving enough, because everyone wants one. I had Philly in mind because he was the high bidder and I felt bad to outbid him at the last moment. I like doing nice things I guess for my friends. Something else you guys may not know, I have a shizznit load of money and it really isn't that important to me, I give all the time, if you only knew how much.

Maybe if you all would have just asked me instead of sneakingly searching for clues and then straight up blaming me right off the bat, I might have told you from the get go.

Biggest clue yet...

Just in case you decide to edit it later on.

#13 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:20 PM

Well Alex, you do have two of them.

But... you are also in the process of trying to sell it to Ricardo in Brazil for $1000.

Which is fine, I mean, you paid $910 for it. (ouch!)

Since you went ahead and posted it on the board, I am going to move the thread that has been going on it the staff lounge about the whole scenario. It will be here shortly.

And, although you used a duplicate ebay username, since it was a legit auction I will re-edit the BHS pricing and edit my comments it the related threads.

I am no longer selling it to him or I didn't think so, he contacted me at first and hasn't contacted me in about a month with that amount he was willing to pay, so I thought he backed out. What would you have done if someone offered you a grand for a figure?
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#14 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:21 PM

I love you Johnny  :cry:

She still got some bank, I am glad Johnny took it before that one high roller that seems to bid on only extrememly rare auctions (and oddly nothing else muscle related whatsoever) and yet seems to hardly ever pay for them so they end up gettin relisted at a later time.  That guy is a total douche bag.

I PAID FOR IT!!!

Biggest clue yet...

Just in case you decide to edit it later on.

Don't worry I won't be editting it.
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#15 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:35 PM

What would you have done if someone offered you a grand for a figure?

I’d feel like an a-hole because I created a false value. I’d know the buyer based the offer on thinking I only had one figure and from an auction dollar value that I created.

#16 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:39 PM

What would you have done if someone offered you a grand for a figure?

I’d feel like an a-hole because I created a false value. I’d know the buyer based the offer on thinking I only had one figure and from an auction dollar value that I created.

It was a value I created and honored! I paid it, the same holds true for the other super Rares, I originally paid $300 for the SHA I have, how is this any different. I was willing to pay $300, and I did for the SHA. I was also willing to pay $910, which I did for the BHS. If someone else emails me and offers me $1000, I believe it was like $990 and I added $10 for shipping and Insurance for the figure to Brazil, then that it what THEY are willing to pay. This is how the value of items are determined all the time on ebay and off.
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#17 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:53 PM

It's not a fake account, its my brothers. You are allowed to use multiple accounts on ebay. And this is not really shill bidding if you intend to pay for an item and do. And just to clear up any confusion this may bring up about the first Purple Claw auction that Yapiel won, the seller decided to relist anyways even after I had won, because of all the offers he had gotten for the figure he thought he could get more I guess. Doc persuaded everyone not to bid if you can remember. It ended up lower than originally. He sold the second time for like $40 to the high bidder me. That was the one I gave to Beligerant1, but then he insisted to pay me $20.
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:06 PM

I would say it is a legit value, since Alex and Philly bid their asses against each other to get it.

I have decided against moving the thread in the staff lounge for a bunch of reasons, but I will summarize it here:

Because of the SHA auction, we were all looking at the super rares that have popped up on eBay. The most recent, being the BHS for $910.00.

I remembered that there was some odd stuff about Yapiel, so I decided to look and see what he had done on eBay since. Well, he only had 4 transactions, 2 of which were sales. Well, it turns out that Yapiel lived in Glendale, AZ and his auction pictures were on Alex's carpet. So naturally, I was shocked to see that Alex was Yapiel. Not knowing why he would bid on that and we ended up coming to the conclusion that Alex had a buddy put up his BHS to see what it would go for, (noting that Yapiel only made one large bid). We also noted that Alex (as Yapiel) was the one who bid up that purple claw for $150 way back when then palyed dumb about it. He then contacted the seller off the side (after the seller tried to sell it to Jason for $150) and got it, giving it to Beligerant for free.

So, we all talked about it and confronted Alex via PM's. He played ignorant and acted shocked and after quite a few stories and revisions later, ended up telling us that it was his brother's friend who had won it, but didn't pay for it, and instead paid the seller's fees for a positive feedback. He never did come fully clean with us. Why? I have no idea. He'll have to answer that himself.

So everyone was pissed and really shocked at what he did, but not only that, but that he still refused to admit to it after being called on it, with all the evidence.

But, we decided to keep it quiet and not post it on the main board for a bunch of reasons, one being, not to black ball ALex for doing something stupid. After all, no one got scammed or hurt, but it did over inflate the value of BHS. So I edited all the BHS references to that auction and noted that it never changed hands.

I then got an email from Ricardo (satan+) in Brazil, who just won the SHA on eBay (which, we had speculated to oursleves might have been Alex doing an auction again, but it wasn't). He said that he knew about Yapiel and that Yapiel lived in Alex's town and was selling him the BHS for $1000. He said Yapiel contacted him yesterday (not a month ago Alex) and wanted to know if he would buy it for $1000.

etc. etc.

To make a ong story short....

Alex has the Yapiel account on eBay. He used it to buy the BHS that he and Philly so fiercly competed for. WHne confronted about it, he lied through his teeth, even in light of all the evidence we gave to him. He just wouldn't come clean. "Why" is his business, but he basically screwed his credibility with myself and the other members of the staff lounge.

I wanted to keep it quiet, but it just didn't want to stay that way. Now it is out and you can all ask Alex for yourself.

I will say this.

I am NOT kicking him off of this board. I am NOT blackballing him. He is a collector, just as you or I. He is also a total MUSCLE fanatic. Maybe a little too much so. But he is still one of us. He does have some serious credibility issues that he will now have to deal with.

But to be fair, you can see his feedback in the feedback section and see that he has never screwed someone over. I guess that is what made the whole finding out about this thing so shocking.

I am glad to see that it was a legit auction after all, and not a total scam. However, I am very dissappointed that he refused to the very end to come clean.

People screw up, it happens every day. All I am asking is that you take the good he has done in this community and weigh it against the bad he has done. The good far outweighs the bad. And although I think he was a total pinhead for the whole Yapiel thing, he is still part of this board.

So in the immortal words of Stand "the man" Lee..

'nuff said

#19 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

Okay, so I have something to add....

Guys, this community has always been about friends collecting MUSCLEs and Kinnikuman. It has always had a fell to it that other groups did not have. We have always been kind and giving to one another.
When we bicker, we forgive and forget. When we argue, we laugh it off the next day.

In light of all the shizznit going on lately, I would hate to see it change.

So please, remember what we have always been and let's keep it that way. Let's keep this a community and not let it get all screwed up. Le things go. Argue them here, then get it out of your system. If you don't, all it does it hurt the group.

A good example is the BB/LB group. While it has made subsatntial improvement over the last year or two, it was always filled with grudges, hate, back stabbing, etc. Only recently has it gotten more community like. Part of that I believe has to do with the whole message board format, but most of it has to do with the guys from this community who have also joined that one and have made a positive impact.

You guys are something special and your attitudes do make a difference.

We'll get over it, we always do.

#20 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:22 PM

I think I have more typos than this group has MUSCLEs. :rolleyes:

#21 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:24 PM

He sold the second time for like $40 to the high bidder me. That was the one I gave to Beligerant1, but then he insisted to pay me $20.

Nope, that was your first purple claw ( http://www.littlerub...c=620&hl=yapiel ), and I have no problem with that. The first time it was listed is still a little suspicious to me ( I sort of figured Yapiel was bidding it up because he did not want me to have it for some reason, I think if the seller was planning on re-selling with the intentions to make more money, he would not have sent me a second chance offer for like $50 less than what Yapiel was supposed to pay for it and didn't), and the one that belig has came from a second purple claw auction that you had closed early, I no longer have a problem with that either, since it went to a good cause. During that time, it was not known you were the one who had it closed though ( http://www.littlerub...wtopic=1590&hl= ), according to you the one that Belig has mysteriously came from one of your uncles, who just happened to have a purple claw to spare.

I really don't care. I just think it is funny that you got so caught up in your lies that you can not even remember the story anymore.

#22 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:40 PM

We also noted that Alex (as Yapiel) was the one who bid up that  purple claw for $150 way back when then palyed dumb about it. He then contacted the seller off the side (after the seller tried to sell it to Jason for $150) and got it, giving it to Beligerant for free.

Remember, the seller relisted. I contacted the seller off the side for the BHS, not the first Purple Claw, he decided to relist and I agreed, since I felt bad for outbidding Doc and that it went for so high. But then Doc persuaded everyone not to bid the second time around. I am pretty sure this is how this went, I am almost certain from reading pervious posts. You can check for yourself. I ended up winning it the second time, under arforbes. I guess I didn't want people to know it was me the first time, I'm sorry.

(Edit: I explained more about this Purple Claw situation above on the second page of this thread)

So, we all talked about it and confronted Alex via PM's. He played ignorant and acted shocked and after quite a few stories and revisions later, ended up telling us that it was his brother's friend who had won it, but didn't pay for it, and instead paid the seller's fees for a positive feedback. He never did come fully clean with us. Why? I have no idea. He'll have to answer that himself.

I didn't want you guys to know I guess. I just felt guilty that I got caught with the two ebay names and all. I figured you guys would be flaming mad after the first BHS buy outside of ebay. I knew you all would be like, "Why the eff do you need another one!" I don't know, but I was caught in the moment. Just a pinheaded bid war I guess.

I then got an email from Ricardo (satan+) in Brazil, who just won the SHA on eBay (which, we had speculated to oursleves might have been Alex doing an auction again, but it wasn't). He said that he knew about Yapiel and that Yapiel lived in Alex's town and was selling him the BHS for $1000. He said Yapiel contacted him yesterday (not a month ago Alex) and wanted to know if he would buy it for $1000.

Well it was a month ago when Ricardo sent his last email to me and I have not talked to him since. He did contact me first with the offer of $990 plus $10 shipping back then. I figured he backed out and wanted to contact him again, which was a couple days ago (like you said Johnny). I wanted to get rid of it since all this shizznit went down, and he made an amazing offer, based on what I had paid, so that is legit. Like I said, anyone here would have done the same if they received an offer like that.

I am glad to see that it was a legit auction after all, and not a total scam. However, I am very dissappointed that he refused to the very end to come clean.

I am very sorry I effed up again by not coming clean the first time. I guess I care too much about what people think about me and that is so close to the truth I cannot emphasize it enough. I felt that you guys were against me, and I am sorry. I should have just told you right off, but I did not, and I cannot change that. Again I apologize, but you guys had a right to know.

You can obviously tell that I care too much about what you all think of me. That comment by Doc Moore set me off because I did not want people thinking something that was not true, that I shill bidded the BHS auction and that it never changed hands. It certainly did. I just chose not to fess up. It's childish of me to have acted that way, I panicked and effed up once again.

People screw up, it happens every day. All I am asking is that you take the good he has done in this community and weigh it against the bad he has done. The good far outweighs the bad. And although I think he was a total pinhead for the whole Yapiel thing, he is still part of this board.

I did certainly screw up and learned a lesson. I just hope that I still have friends here. It was eating me up that I betrayed you guys, especially my long time friends, the administrators here like Johnny, Doc, Marty, Beligerant1, Ridureyu, Veers, Rokk, to name only a few. I am truly sorry guys...and to everyone else.

Alex

Edited by arforbes, 04 October 2005 - 11:15 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:53 PM

Alex, you have that poor girl who I got the claw auction from in a tizzy. She just offered me $100 to buy back the claw when it gets here. Hahaha.

I let her know that it wasn't worth that much and pointed her to the super rares section in the FAQ. I told her if she comes across any of those, to post it here and let the auction run it's course.

Hahaha.

#24 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:02 PM

That comment by Doc Moore set me off

:o What are you talking about??? I did not mention you or Yapiel in my post. You are jumping to conclusions my friend. :rolleyes:

#25 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:06 PM

That comment by Doc Moore set me off

:o What are you talking about??? I did not mention you or Yapiel in my post. You are jumping to conclusions my friend. :rolleyes:

I knew that you were talking about me from what Johnny had told me. Jesus dude come on!

You and all that knew about this from the get go knew what was meant by this comment of yours, it set me off and I wanted to tell the truth.

Edited by arforbes, 04 October 2005 - 06:31 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com