42 replies to this topic

#1 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

Surprised to see no mention of this at all. It's clearly gotten some attention on auction, peeps holding back to try and keep people from bidding? :p

Battle Beast Beast Eater toy package sample design mock up. I took the original image from the auction and fixed it up a bit in Photoshop. I can't say this is a toy I would have bought as a kid, and I KNOW I wouldn't have bought it as an adult. But it's still cool to see what could have been.

Attached Files

Edited by Bermuda Mohawk, 24 May 2012 - 05:05 AM.

--Dave

#2 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

Surprised to see no mention of this at all. It's clearly gotten some attention on auction, peeps holding back to try and keep people from bidding? :p

Battle Beast Beast Eater toy package sample design mock up. I took the original image from the auction and fixed it up a bit in Photoshop. I can't say this is a toy I would have bought as a kid, and I KNOW I wouldn't have bought it as an adult. But it's still cool to see what could have been.

#3 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

Good thought retro...

Also, what a stupid idea this was.

#4 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Ha ha I didn't realize it didn't Post anything. I actually really like it and I would deffo buy one if hey were made.

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

Link?

#6 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

Link?

I think they are talkin about this? http://www.ebay.com/...r-/130701307576
Posted Image

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Nice!

I'm on it! If I win, I will use it to make a run of those packages.

#8 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

I don't think it is possible to hold back people from bidding with prices these days.

I don't know about everyone else, but I guess I wouldn't have a whole lot of interest in the "beast eaters", but the glow in the dark looking figures would crack me up. I think if they were going to do a "swamp smasher", shouldn't it be the guy from the comics? He is a swamp looking thing if I ever saw one.

As for the box, I find it strange it doesn't have more imaging, so I'm not enthused. But it is cool if the background is true on the box, and it is something they were going to make. The seller has other "proofs", so I'm a skeptic I guess.

#9 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Ha! That monster has a handle and wheels.
Posted Image

#10 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

i like how Laser Beasts are depicted in the art but it would have came with a battle beast. haha

#11 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Ok who's going to take a crack at making the Beast Eater? xD
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#12 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

I asked the seller for any documentation they had or anything to authenticate this as most samples obtained from employees have some paperwork showing that the employee had approval or the authority to walk out of the building with the company's intellectual property. Especially when the item they happen to have is for something that had not been released yet. I have a few friends in the toy manufacturing industry and they've told me over the years that the companies just don't let things like this walk out the door so I'm a little skeptical. No response yet but I'll let you guys know if I hear anything. I'm definitely interested if this is real. It would be quite the find!

It just seems a bit odd for there have been no mention of this part of the planned line anywhere before this listing from a third party, especially after speaking with one of the people involved with the creation of the line a few years back and specifically asking him if there were any more plans for the line when it died.
-Barry

#13 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

well the art looks like the art style of the other Battle Beast playsets. but for so many years of it not ever being mention even once it definitely appeared out of nowhere

i can see why it never got past the concept stage, just doesn't have the right vibe to it, oh well
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#14 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

I asked the seller for any documentation they had or anything to authenticate this as most samples obtained from employees have some paperwork showing that the employee had approval or the authority to walk out of the building with the company's intellectual property. Especially when the item they happen to have is for something that had not been released yet. I have a few friends in the toy manufacturing industry and they've told me over the years that the companies just don't let things like this walk out the door so I'm a little skeptical. No response yet but I'll let you guys know if I hear anything. I'm definitely interested if this is real. It would be quite the find!

It just seems a bit odd for there have been no mention of this part of the planned line anywhere before this listing from a third party, especially after speaking with one of the people involved with the creation of the line a few years back and specifically asking him if there were any more plans for the line when it died.
-Barry

It's legit.

I wouldn't endorse ever buying from this seller, but he has real items, and they come straight from ex-Hasbro workers. He's been selling this stuff for some time now, mostly Transformers. Some of the people who actually run the lines, like say Vinnie D'Alleva who pretty much ran the boys toys at Hasbro really did "walk out" with a shit ton of items when he left Hasbro. Crazy amounts of protos and stuff that should never have seen the light of day, but was sold to seller who then flipped them to collectors for crazy amounts of money.

Edited by Bermuda Mohawk, 25 May 2012 - 05:15 AM.

--Dave

#15 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

A few more notes/opinions....

This must have been created very early in designing the Laser Beasts/Shadow Beasts series of toys.

The name Shadow Beasts hadn't even been created cause if you read the box, they are being called "Crystal Creatures" instead.

No actual Lasers had been designed yet it seems, and the ones you see on the box are just modified regular Beasts with added chest orbs and altered colors.

Chances are this was a Hasbro in-house item, and not one Takara has engineered.
--Dave

#16 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

A few more notes/opinions....

This must have been created very early in designing the Laser Beasts/Shadow Beasts series of toys.

The name Shadow Beasts hadn't even been created cause if you read the box, they are being called "Crystal Creatures" instead.

No actual Lasers had been designed yet it seems, and the ones you see on the box are just modified regular Beasts with added chest orbs and altered colors.

Chances are this was a Hasbro in-house item, and not one Takara has engineered.

That was what I was thinking, like the other Battle Beasts products (Lunch Box, Belt, etc.) which had nothing to do with Takara.
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

I don't know. That Rhino looks a lot more like Sailon to me than Rocky Rhino.

#18 steelfrogSteve

steelfrogSteve

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

If anyone is looking to buy an authentic Beast Eater I can sell you my dog. RIP Horny Toad.
"After the combat, the beasts unite as friends."

#19 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

If anyone is looking to buy an authentic Beast Eater I can sell you my dog. RIP Horny Toad.

ill sell u my filipino girlfriend. she will eat ur beast eater.
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#20 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

I don't know. That Rhino looks a lot more like Sailon to me than Rocky Rhino.

It's possible.

Edited by Bermuda Mohawk, 25 May 2012 - 05:14 AM.

--Dave

#21 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

Are you in contact with this seller ? I send him message but never got any answer.

#22 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

That's pretty cool. And funny.

#23 Chicken Holiday

Chicken Holiday

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:None, I am "The World's Most Boring Man."

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

With those conical teeth there will be no chewing. That means a slow suffocating death in a stomach full of acid and proteases. The psychological trauma could scar a boy for years with the anguished souls of Battle Beasts haunting guilty dreams well into adulthood.

Hardly a toy for children!
:teehee:

#24 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Final price: $583.49

And I'm not the winner :(

#25 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

Two of the letter 'u' in the winner's name, Dabbuu perhaps? I threw in a lowball bid but wasn't going to go all in without any sort of authentication other than this seller has had other items his employee friends stole. It still seems strange to me that no one has heard mention of this product before including other folks on Hasbro's BB production team. Anyways, congrats to the winner and hopefully we will see more remnants of Beast Eaters pop up down the road!
-Barry

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com