#51 musclecollector

musclecollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

I personally love this line of figures. 

Collecting all the colors however can be a very tedious task and i can't imagine keeping that up for more than a few series. It's just too time consuming and paying shipping seperately for each set x color varation is both exhausting and expensive.

With that said, i look forward to series 3 and a slowdown in the insanity. Just don't start producing another 20 diff metal colors or multicolored figures cuz that's where i would say enough is enough. 

I can support the artists and the producers of this great line but i, like others, don't like the feeling of being milked for countless variations. What is a set at this point? Remember, it has to be somewhat doable. When you start making things so difficult that even the most die hard fans can't finish a basic set, then you know you're going overboard. We're at that threshold now i feel. 

Just getting impossible to keep up with the weekly releases. 

p.s: When is kickstarter for series 4 going up?

#52 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

Really, we've just been trying different things with exclusives to see what works best.  I personally am not a fan of exclusives, but i understand that some people are.  So seeing that, we want to make people who like exclusives happy by trying to provide one.  The main problem i have with exclusives is that they are rarely "exclusive" anymore. Even as far as seeing the SDCC "exclusives" for sale at Toys R Us months later!  As a collector who paid money to get to comic con, stand in line and hunt down the exclusive, it's a slap in the face.

You're not a fan of exclusives, but you see the biggest problem with exclusives being that they're not exclusive any more?

Surely if you don't like exclusives, the fact that exclusives are no longer exclusive would be a positive thing?

I also don't get why it's an issue seeing exclusives up for sale months later? The way I see it, buying your ticket to the convention just gets you a first bite at the cherry. And then, if there's any left over after that, those who aren't fortunate enough to be able to get to San Diego (ie 99.9% of collectors) get a shot.

I appreciate you're trying out new things, but there's honestly no logic to your words.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#53 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

http://www.littlerub...howtopic=173480, for posterity.

#54 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

I appreciate you're trying out new things, but there's honestly no logic to your words.

I don't think there ever has been.  Especially with the issue a few months back about some toy makers not being artists. 

#55 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

OMFG was actually something to get excited about back in the day... I was proud that I had managed to stake out very drop and keep up with releases. May not have been easy, but it was enjoyable at least.
Then series 2 was voted, and the winners weren't so great and yet, we still keep getting series 1 colours.
Kick starting the g.i.t.d OMFG was totally not necessary in my eyes, or why else did we not see a separate kickstart campaign for EVERY colur made? Like gold, blood red, blah blah, etc etc.
Series 3 was just shambles... The whole pug fiasco really killed it for me.
OTMFG gets started, great! The only person you personally handpick for their design is Scott tolleson, who is a legend, but c'mon he's already established himself quite well in the indie toy scene... There SO many great, up-and-coming artists that used-to frequent the OT forum (I doubt most still do, but there are still some) George you could have easily given an opportunity to somebody else who was just as deserving, but maybe not as famous. deadbeet is a very nice figure (both sculpt and design) but its not the only one. The next OTMFG is the zombie pheyden.. Seems to me you like to play it safe? A little too much for my liking.
Lastly, how can you stand there and let prices like bait.com sell their omfg at such ridiculous international shipping and not say something/do something about it? Its your line, you build up a fan base and then watch them get crushed?
If it were me I'd buy the damn lot off him (I think the www has free US shipping) and just offer the packs on my store with decent shipping prices. There's SO many little things that just drive me up the wall when it comes to this line.. I could be here all day.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#56 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'm glad I got out of OMFG.

I only supported S3 for the Pheyden Fig.

I like Glyos and L.Supreme does some cool shit.

The OMFG line is a mess and it's quite apparent that it is nothing more than a cash grab at this point for GG.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#57 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

But, Pimp Nugget, you gotta at least support the next Kickstarter or you won't get this figure...

mexican-sleeping.jpg

SIGNED BY THE SUPER SUCKLORD HIMSELF!

:D

1146643_10200212887837133_1911149890_n.j

#58 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

But, Pimp Nugget, you gotta at least support the next Kickstarter or you won't get this figure...

mexican-sleeping.jpg

SIGNED BY THE SUPER SUCKLORD HIMSELF!

:D

What is that supposed to mean?

#59 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

I mean, that it is hard to take your commentary regarding the OMFG seriously, when you fly off the handle so easily at a non-existent offense. I've been on the receiving end of it and I know that if you lack the logical ability to realize when something is not a sleight against you or is in anyway a racist commentary on a country...then any actual grievence you have with OT and OMFG is hard to justify.

#60 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

I mean, that it is hard to take your commentary regarding the OMFG seriously, when you fly off the handle so easily at a non-existent offense. I've been on the receiving end of it and I know that if you lack the logical ability to realize when something is not a sleight against you or is in anyway a racist commentary on a country...then any actual grievence you have with OT and OMFG is hard to justify.

Are you insane?

Making a back handed insult at an entire nation of people is a racist commentary on a country.

"You aren't Mexico" in a rambling statement about bootleggers and intellectual property thieves is racist comment.

George called Mexico and it's people bootleggers and thieves in a fukked up pusssy a$$ way.

You are a moron.

I would suggest you stop trying to push me with cartoons depicting stereotypes of "Lazy Mexican".

#61 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Are you insane?

Making a back handed insult at an entire nation of people is a racist commentary on a country.

"You aren't Mexico" in a rambling statement about bootleggers and intellectual property thieves is racist comment.

George called Mexico and it's people bootleggers and thieves in a fukked up pusssy a$$ way.

You are a moron.

I would suggest you stop trying to push me with cartoons depicting stereotypes of "Lazy Mexican".

The Cartoon IS a Stereotype. Cheap-ass Mexican Bootleg CRAP Toys are a FACT.

#62 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yawn. Anyone want to discuss toys?

#63 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Yawn. Anyone want to discuss toys?

not really

#64 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

not really

fair enough. TTYL!

#65 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

I mean, accidental racism is still racism. Even if you don't believe that the comment was racist in nature, the commentary was still meant to offend pretty much any and every DIY toy maker on the scene "except for Sucklord". That's really at the heart and soul of the main gripe.

When George attacked the rubber that a lot of the DIY toy guys used, and erroneously labelled it as dangerous... That was a personal slight. He was trying to damage our respective businesses. When proven wrong, he refused to post a redaction about the matter... Also, a personal slight. 

Calling an entire community of artists "dirty thieving bootleggers" was intended to be a personal slight, and was summarily taken as one.

Furthermore, when Strontium Dog was making a complaint about having difficulty with purchasing OT products, he was given a brief passive aggressive lecture, and then George invited more negativity. In fact, by talking about it now, we're playing into the game.

There are lots of folks on this board that really wanted to believe in OMFG, and I was honestly one of them at first. I was... No, still am, a huge fan of Monsterforge's work, and Multiskull caught my attention in a big way. However, like many others, it became hard to stay with the line with how it was being handled on several levels, including the endless waves of "colorways" (my, I hate that term. Can we just go back to calling them "colors"? It worked in the '80's!) that made completionists' heads spin.  When discussed, the folks from the board voicing the claims are treated (psh) to a rare GG sighting, where he shows up to chide at folks for having their own opinions about his toy line (while citing that speech is free, nonetheless). 

You can draw a straight line from the behavior, to the reaction to the behavior. Now, I have not attacked you, nor do I intend to... However to intimate that there is no logical reason for people to have a bad opinion about GG or OT, is a bit myopic. You have your opinion, they have theirs. Unfortunately for your argument, GG made a very open, flippant statement that can easily be read as racist. He may have gotten the benefit of the doubt with that, had he not used up his benefit of the doubt a long time ago (and also consider the context in which he was using it: Intended offense).

Now that I have written a book about this bullshit, I am going to ask that we DO take the topic back to toys. If you love them, hate them, whatever. Let's not turn this thread into an infight. We all love toys, even if some of us hate October Toys.

#66 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

I mean, accidental racism is still racism. Even if you don't believe that the comment was racist in nature, the commentary was still meant to offend pretty much any and every DIY toy maker on the scene "except for Sucklord". That's really at the heart and soul of the main gripe.

Now that I have written a book about this bullshit, I am going to ask that we DO take the topic back to toys. If you love them, hate them, whatever. Let's not turn this thread into an infight. We all love toys, even if some of us hate October Toys.

Yes, that is a more than fair and correct way at looking at it. He slighted creators and individuals, not the entire country of Mexico...which is ridiculous.

With my point made, and a fair response given. I gladly and respectively concede to your request.

You are a first class act, Ironmask.

#67 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Thank you.

#68 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Nicely said Jimmy, very diplomatic and some great points made.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#69 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:52 AM

Cheap-ass Mexican Bootleg CRAP Toys are a FACT.

Exactly how I felt about OMFG when it was apparent the voting system became a total joke, and George decided to do absolutely nothing about it.  Does anybody really believe that he'll do anything to fix it?  I guess we'll see.

Edited by walker13.1, 01 August 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#70 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

. Cheap-ass Mexican Bootleg CRAP Toys are a FACT.

So are Cheap-Ass Chinese Bootleg CRAP Toys.  This is why I got onto George in the first place. Not only does the country of Mexico make bootlegs. It's all over the world. Why single out one country? The comment can be taken wrong very easily. He was basically comparing DIY guys to Mexico's bootlegging industry. George and I went back and forth til he conceded that it was just a badly made point. I thought this issue was over and I really hope no one brings it back up again.

#71 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

George and I went back and forth til he conceded that it was just a badly made point. I thought this issue was over and I really hope no one brings it back up again.

Well, George WAS the last one to bring the whole argument up again........ on his forum. Guess you can hope to start farting rainbows as well now.

#72 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

24204_1284502674581_320_211.jpg

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#73 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Well, George WAS the last one to bring the whole argument up again........ on his forum. Guess you can hope to start farting rainbows as well now.

Attached File  image.jpg   63.83K   2 downloads

Edited by meatcutta78, 08 August 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#74 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

So are Cheap-Ass Chinese Bootleg CRAP Toys.  This is why I got onto George in the first place. Not only does the country of Mexico make bootlegs. It's all over the world. Why single out one country? The comment can be taken wrong very easily. He was basically comparing DIY guys to Mexico's bootlegging industry. George and I went back and forth til he conceded that it was just a badly made point. I thought this issue was over and I really hope no one brings it back up again.

It's not like the show is scripted. It was an offhand remark and it's not a big deal that he didn't think to name every country that produces bootlegs.  

His opinion should offend the toymakers and artists he was referring to, but people are acting like the word "Mexico" is a racial epithet. Accusations of racism are being thrown around way too loosely here.

#75 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

George used Mexico AS the weapon.

He meant to offend DIY'rs by using Mexico as the punch line.

He may not be a racist, but he sure talks like one.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com