#1 Eclipse86

Eclipse86

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins / MIMP

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:36 AM

So I was cleaning out my shed and found some cheap black spray paint the other day, and decided to see how well it took to a couple of my spares.

They all had signs of colour bleed / common so pretty worthless - should they not come out very well.

I was pretty surprised how even it covered and not filling in much of the detail at all.

They now have a nice place on the shelf, so if you have any duplicates that are just sitting in a box somewhere, have a go yourself :)

4jSGM53.jpg

1PCE219.jpg

Edited by Eclipse86, 05 April 2018 - 07:38 AM.

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:11 AM

Been thinking of doing this with extra Muscles. But going the Rit Dye route instead of paint. 

These figures look great in black. And very clean. 

#3 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Been thinking of doing this with extra Muscles. But going the Rit Dye route instead of paint. 

These figures look great in black. And very clean. 

I can testify that Rit Dyes More works great for this sort of thing...And it doesn't rub/scratch off like paint might if you don't seal it.

#4 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

I can testify that Rit Dyes More works great for this sort of thing...And it doesn't rub/scratch off like paint might if you don't seal it.

Your the one that gave me the idea when you posted showing off the MoaiMan dyes you done.  ;)

#5 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

:thumbsup:

#6 Eclipse86

Eclipse86

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins / MIMP

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:56 AM

Never thought of using a leather dye, will keep that in mind!

Mine are stored in a glass display so don't get handled, so I don't need to worry too much about paint scuffing.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com