Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Fistful of Aliens Is this a Misprint Mutant?

Fistful of Aliens Misprint Mutant

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 JustKillingTime

JustKillingTime

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of Aliens, Crazy Bones, Bionicle Masks, Skannerz,

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

Hello.

Rummaging around in my attic the other week I came across my old collection of Fistful of Aliens and I've started to collect them again but one of my mutants seems a little off, he could be a misprint, I remember getting him like it from the packet back in the day. No sun damager either as it's been in a box all these years.

I'e attached some pictures of my Psychonator, his red parts look completely different then the box and one of my other figures beside him.. What do you think?

Attached File  2016-02-21 21.00.40.jpg   116.49K   17 downloads

Attached File  2016-02-21 21.31.24.jpg   81.03K   24 downloads

Also I've attached a picture of my Exoginis I've found but I don't actually know what they are and how much they're worth, they need a good wash though.

Attached File  2016-02-21 21.37.10.jpg   100.8K   14 downloads

Any way I hope I get some replies.

#2 NeonGreen

NeonGreen

toychotomy on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

I don't know the first thing about FoA, sorry! As for the bunch of figures in the bottom photo, I was unaware of Exogini being produced in flesh color? These look more like either American MUSCLE figures or Japanese Kinnikuman. (and if that's the case, I wouldn't value any of them above 40-50 cents US, each.)

Edited by NeonGreen, 21 February 2016 - 06:04 PM.

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:07 PM

FOA figure: It just looks like sun damage, or possibly a degradation in the materials.

#4 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:14 PM

I was unaware of Exogini being produced in flesh color?

Yeah, they made flesh colored Exogini.

#5 NeonGreen

NeonGreen

toychotomy on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:18 PM

Yeah, they made flesh colored Exogini.

Crazy. This is the first I've ever seen or heard of them. I must say, they look really close!

#6 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:56 AM

I don't think it's sun fading, it's too uniform and only on the one side.(And even at that the body paint is all a single colour, instead of different in the blue areas.

Can't offer any ideas as to what it actually is, but that's my opinion on what it's not!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:56 AM

I mean, we only see the front of the figure. There's not really any indication that there is or isn't uniformity of the condition.

#8 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:13 AM

I have seen this sort of chemical degradation with the brown Gormiti figures where they turn into the same shade of this mottled figure.  I have also seen it in the Ghostbuster minis where these whitish areas develop and the plastic becomes clouded.  I think there can sometimes be impurities within the plastic that can cause this occurrence over time, without sunlight -- although I bet intense sun would accelerate or intensify the fading.

#9 JustKillingTime

JustKillingTime

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:32 AM

This is what he looks like from the back just the same but a slight darker bit near middle of his brain and crotch, I remember getting him out of the packet like this, and thinking why doesn't mine look like the picture. It could be a degradation in the plastic but I'm sure it's not sun damage.

Attached File  tmp_13747-IMG_20160222_162638-290860753.jpg   118.76K   17 downloads

#10 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:50 AM

Man, if you got it like that out of the package new, then it was just a bad mix.  The pigment wasn't mixed well into the plastic before it went into the mold. 

#11 JustKillingTime

JustKillingTime

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:52 PM

Seems that way doesn't it bad mix, pity really I'd like to find another one to replace him.

#12 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:48 PM

Weird. Seeing the back like that makes me think that it was actually sunfade, except that no other part of his body appears affected by it.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#13 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

I enjoy them because they resemble infant Gormiti!

Attached File  IMG_1035.JPG   88.44K   14 downloads

One day they will develop into mighty titans....one day....they are barely out of their larval stage!

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#14 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:46 AM

Draz, the rest of his body is painted, so it wouldn't show the same effect as the red plastic that makes up the body.

#15 JustKillingTime

JustKillingTime

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:43 PM

What's caused this unusual abnormality in my figure, All my other figures are okay just that one is odd. Also does anybody know what those Pink figures are? I thought they were Exogini's but I'm not sure.

#16 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

What's caused this unusual abnormality in my figure, All my other figures are okay just that one is odd. Also does anybody know what those Pink figures are? I thought they were Exogini's but I'm not sure.

You mean the M.U.S.C.L.E.?  Kinnikiman, Exogini, Alien Wrestlers, etc...a lot of the sculpts/molds find their way around....

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#17 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:21 AM

There's one easy way to tell. If they have "Y.S.N/T" on their backs, they are likely keshi or MUSCLE. If they say "China" or "Hong Kong" on the back, they are bootlegs. If there is nothing etched or embossed on the back, then they are flesh colored Exogini.

#18 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

Draz, the rest of his body is painted, so it wouldn't show the same effect as the red plastic that makes up the body.

But there should still be something. Painted figures fade all the time! There would at least be some small indicator.

<p> </p>
<p>

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fistful of Aliens, Misprint, Mutant

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com