10 replies to this topic

#1 faqrulesyou

faqrulesyou

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

I have a lot of respect for the LRG community and I have a release coming up that you might be interested in!

DESPAIR is a 3" Rubber Mini Figure designed by Terrence Brown II, Sculpted by October Toys and cast by Tru:Tek of Disart Toylabs.

tumblr_inline_nco3hbBm2J1qcld2o.jpg

(M.U.S.C.L.E. Style Flesh Edition Photo Courtesy of Tru:Tek)

Despair will be released at 6:66pm EDT on October 31st at faqcomedy.bigcartel.com for $25 plus shipping.

This is serving as the special edition release of my Stand Up! Records debut "Can We Afford This Much Despair" so each figure will come packed with a download code for the album.

There will be 10 different colorways in various edition sizes availble at the drop (some as small as 10). Initially, Despair will be sold exclusivley in my store and wherever I am performiong. Eventually, they will also be available at standupcrap.com (who will aslo have the Red and Black Marbled exclusive color). Additonally, there will be one "Ultimate Collector's Set" offered. This set will include the 10 colorways available in my store as well as the Red and Black Marbled Stand Up! Records Exclusive and the super limited Clear Blue colorway. I'm splitting the stock between my store and my release show, so if something sells out on Halloween there is a chance a few more will pop into the store in the following days.

See pics here www.adamquesnell.com , at the above store link, or on my instagram.

Thanks so much for your time.

COMING ON HALLOWEEN

Edited by faqrulesyou, 27 October 2014 - 07:59 PM.

I am a software engineer who also does comedy.

When I was a kid, I collected MUSCLE, MIMP, Battle Beast and GPK, and I got back into minifigure collecting over the last year via cats like Tru:Tek and Eric Nilla.

I currently collect minifigures, both rubber and non-rubber, from the likes of: Tru:Tek (Disarticulators), Nama Niku, Eric Nilla (Universe of Violence represent!), Ironhaus, Rampage Toys, Healeymade, Bigmantoys, Triclops (B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S), Edge of Doom, Zectron, George Gaspar (OMFG and, not soon enough, S.U.C.K.L.E figures)...and now, Minikins.

I also collect some Kidrobot and lots of Randon Vinyl and Art Prints, etc...

Looking forward to being more active on the boards! Like, running on a treadmill on the boards, or skiing on the boards, etc...

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

So, this was sculpted by George Gaspar?

#3 faqrulesyou

faqrulesyou

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

No, ironmask, it wasn't. We commissioned the prototype sculpt through Ayleen at October Toys and it was sculpted by one or more of the artists they have on staff! We were really happy with how it turned out and couldn't have gotten more help and support from Ayleen at OT.

When I was a kid, I collected MUSCLE, MIMP, Battle Beast and GPK, and I got back into minifigure collecting over the last year via cats like Tru:Tek and Eric Nilla.

I currently collect minifigures, both rubber and non-rubber, from the likes of: Tru:Tek (Disarticulators), Nama Niku, Eric Nilla (Universe of Violence represent!), Ironhaus, Rampage Toys, Healeymade, Bigmantoys, Triclops (B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S), Edge of Doom, Zectron, George Gaspar (OMFG and, not soon enough, S.U.C.K.L.E figures)...and now, Minikins.

Looking forward to being more active on the boards! Like, running on a treadmill on the boards, or skiing on the boards, etc...

#4 faqrulesyou

faqrulesyou

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

Additionally, if there is a better spot on the LRG forums for this post, please let me know. I don't want to be posting in the wrong places, etc... Have a great week everybody!

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

No, ironmask, it wasn't. We commissioned the prototype sculpt through Ayleen at October Toys and it was sculpted by one or more of the artists they have on staff! We were really happy with how it turned out and couldn't have gotten more help and support from Ayleen at OT.

Hm. Interesting. 

Additionally, if there is a better spot on the LRG forums for this post, please let me know. I don't want to be posting in the wrong places, etc... Have a great week everybody!

I took the liberty of moving this to the appropriate forum for member customs and artwork. No worries.

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

Nice figure! (can I say that without getting slapped?)

Seriously though, that thing is pretty sweet!

Please update us when you get pricing.

#7 faqrulesyou

faqrulesyou

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for the move, ironmask!

Thanks, Jon! I'll update the thread with pricing and webstore links and such when we post the rest of the colors and the header!

We just recieved the box from Tru:Tek today and we are way too excited about it. :D

#8 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

I just had to pop in to say how excellent your figure is, especially in the neon purple "MIMP" colour on your blog!

tumblr_inline_nb2na8Wbri1qcld2o.jpg

I had no idea that October Toys employed a whole team of artists. Whoever did it is clearly a talented sculptor and has really got George Gaspar's sculpting style down pat :)

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#9 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

I could go for an orange and blue marbled one...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 faqrulesyou

faqrulesyou

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:05 PM

Sorry for the bout of silence! Between getting the toy ready for the drop, work, and comedy stuff, I've been spread stupid thin. Thanks for the kind responses. I updated the main post with the rest of the details. I really appreciate the interest. I will try to check the forums more regularly in case anyone has any questions, and you can feel free to hit me up via the contact info on my website or my store.

I could go for an orange and blue marbled one...

That's my favorite for sure!

#11 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

CanWeAffordThisMuchDespair.png

As I always let indy toy people know, feel free to use my photos if you want on your promo stuff.  'Course, a link back to my flickr, or Nerditis, or even my author page is always welcome (all accessible from my signature).

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com