#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

https://nerditis.com...ers-toon-spawn/

PhlebiacBrothers.png

In the Spawn Mythos, you have the Phlebiac Brothers, five "true demons" of Hell who report directly to Malebolgia, and make SPawn's life hell. Violator, their leader, is in fact one of the series major villains. "So hey," they said at McFarlane Toys. "Let's make cute, cuddly, cartoon versions of them!"

Well, there were a couple of sets of Toon Spawn figures, which looked nothing like the actual naimated series. To be honest, they probably came from a failed pitch, and were repurposed as concept toys. The Phlebiac Brothers came in their own multipack, and are still pretty available all over the internet. The figures are about three inches tall, and each have some articulation - generally the arms and legs, though they vary a little. In the comics, they are a fearsome group of demons named Violator, Vindicator, Vandalizer, Vaporizer, and Vaccilator. But these li'l guys are Violator, Brutalizer, Vandalizer, Vaporizer, and Squeamish. Uh, guys, they're still demons of Hell, you'll have to try harder than that.

Phlebiac-Violator.png

VIOLATOR
An evil demon beyond all comprehension, Violator is petty and mean, usually taking the form of a sadistic clown. This figure notably lacks the Todd McFarlane Underbite™, but then all the Phlebiac brothers do. He's almost unrecognizable as Violator - but then, the same applies to the other guys. Violator is the tallest and skinniest of the group, and leans on his knuckles to stand. He actually relies on his articulation more than the others, too.

Phlebiac-Brutalizer.png

BRUTALIZER
Big, yellow, and mean, Brutalizer has the most "normal" body shape of the group! He balances pretty well on his feet, so you are free to move his arms around if you don't want him resting on his knuckles.

Phlebiac-Vandalizer.png

VANDALIZER
The biggest and heaviest of the group, Vandalizer almost looks like a raging bull! This figure has a surprising amount of heft in it, which reflects that it's actually solid, not hollow.

Phlebiac-Vaporizer.png

VAPORIZER
Well, Vaporizer did have extra limbs, so they got that much right. This little green ball of fun looks like he belongs in an antihistamine commercial, and we should all love him for it. In fact, the whole group looks like that - and isn't that what we want in life? Cartoon germs?

Phlebiac-Squeamish.png

SQUEAMISH
You know, Squeamish actually looks squeamish! They all have personality, but his is just hilarious. These guys are awesome, they're like the Most Evil Muppets Ever. How can you look at Squeamish and not feel happier?

Phlebiac-Two.png

So, there you go. They may not be accurate to the comic at all, but the Phlebiac Brothers are a cute, quirky little group of monster muppets, and what more can you ask for in life? They're just silly enough to fit naywhere, too - you could stick them on a desk and not have to answer embarrassing questions. Just claim that they match your moods.

PhlebiacFight.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:54 AM

Absolutely love these figures. 

#3 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:30 PM

Yeah they're great but I can't spend 60 bucks on em

#4 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

Did you have any problems with the articulation? I had a tough time moving a couple of their legs. I was afraid they were going to snap right off. 

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:08 AM

Inside Out 2, directed by McFarlane?

I have always liked the Vandalizer, but my affection for the sculpt is tempered by my trust of McF's often brittle offerings.

#6 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:14 AM

I got decent deal on these. But it wasn't a complete set and my vaporizer is missing an arm. They are a lot bigger than I would have imagined them to be. But I think they are neat, as I said earlier somewhere else. They look pretty close to something that would be at home form the RGB cartoon.

#7 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

Mine all have working limbs, but a lot of mcFarlane toys have... issues.

#8 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

This review made me want to dig my guys out. So I knew I was missing the violator but on second inspection I have this extra bugger.

Attached File  IMG_9722.JPG   34.45K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_9721.JPG   34.6K   0 downloads

Any idea who he is? He is Macrfalane but has date stamp of year prior to the bros.

Edited by bigazzhead, 08 August 2016 - 01:41 PM.

#9 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:04 PM

I don't know, but he looks so awesome.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com