• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Looks like series 3 OMFG is up on kickstarter!
George's OT series 3 post.
Kickstarter link.
Fruit Punch & Dr.Decay (mushroom) are my favourites now that all have been sculpted.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#2 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Support!

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

whomp whomp whomp

#4 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Fruit Punch & Dr.Decay (mushroom) are my favourites now that all have been sculpted.

Mine too, and I wasn't a Fruit Punch fan during the voting.

Pugnacious was my favorite design, but this is the first time I don't think the finished sculpt is as good as the design that got voted in. I liked the eyes, ear position, and facial expression of the design more. They looked more like my pug, or any pug.

#5 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Backer number 40 here.

That pug is still spectacularly shit though. By a long distance my least favourite OMFG figure.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#6 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

That pug is still spectacularly shit though. By a long distance my least favourite OMFG figure.

Ditto.

#7 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

This will probably be my 1st time not backing. I just don't like the line up especially with such a pun-heavy character group. I agreealso, that pug is my least favorite of the group. I hope series four is far better.

Edited by TheWatcher, 19 March 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#8 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Seeing the sculpts in the Kickstarter link has further backed up my decision not to pledge this time. Dr Decay looks okay, but Puggnacious really doesn't cut it at all. I'm also kind of disappointed with Fruit Punch. Series 1 still takes some beating in my opinion.

Edited by bigburty, 19 March 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#9 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Dr.Decay :thumbsup:
Pug :down:
I'm looking forward to series 4 :woot:

#10 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

Hmm. So the goal for series one was @ $11k, series 2 @ $12k... This series is up @ $15k!!
I hope it makes it, but I think it'll be harder to hit the goal now. Eh, NMP.

#11 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

Based on my Series 2 sales, unless something changes, I don't think I'll be doing Series 3. :confused:

#12 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hmm. So the goal for series one was @ $11k, series 2 @ $12k... This series is up @ $15k!!
I hope it makes it, but I think it'll be harder to hit the goal now. Eh, NMP.

True, it could be tough. Last time I was in for $50 right away, and I'm still on the fence for S3. If the kickstarter gets promoted on battlepug.com, I want to see if people that liked the pug feel the same way I do about the finished figure. If the kickstarter fails, I think a lot of people will point to the campaigning for pug votes, but if those new voters don't pledge, it might be because the figure doesn't look as good as this:
Posted Image

Dr. Decay is awesome, and a perfect match to a crazy and very detailed design. I was expecting Pugnacious to come out the same way.

Based on my Series 2 sales, unless something changes, I don't think I'll be doing Series 3. :confused:

UofM yellow is probably my 3rd favorite OMFG color to the original S1 flesh and plum, but I was going to pass on S2 until the 25% discount day. There are too many color options for people to pay over $20 shipped for a set when most of them go for around $15 shipped. I'm not slamming your price. I always figured you aren't Rotofugi, and maybe you prefer orders to trickle in slowly while making a little more profit.

#13 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

The Mushroom is cool, but the limbs are too skinny. It could have been a much cooler figure. The pug is just dumb. The fruit punch is unique. The barbarian/knight/robot is nice looking but doesn't seem to fit at all. The garbage can is just another take on a familiar theme.

All of this seems like it's been done a million times before.

#14 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

I pledged $10. What the hell.

#15 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

If Pug had been made to look more muscular, particularly the legs (like the sketch) with smaller feet then it would look slightly better. Now, the question is how many new colours will this series be released in? I'm guessing 42 :thumbsup:

#16 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm sure I'll end up putting something into the Kickstarter, but yeah, it's getting tougher and tougher to remain as excited as I started off about OMFG. Overall the sculpts look okay to me, but I'd rather just see cool-looking characters that are interesting by their own merit than characters that rely on a cutesy pun or concept that's already been done. There always seems to be a lot of imaginative designs submitted, but then for some reason the more cliche, less interesting ones tend to get the votes (with some exceptions, of course). I did warm up to S2 once I had them in hand, though, so we'll see. Dr. Decay is my favorite of this set.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#17 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'm sure I'll end up putting something into the Kickstarter, but yeah, it's getting tougher and tougher to remain as excited as I started off about OMFG. Overall the sculpts look okay to me, but I'd rather just see cool-looking characters that are interesting by their own merit than characters that rely on a cutesy pun or concept that's already been done. There always seems to be a lot of imaginative designs submitted, but then for some reason the more cliche, less interesting ones tend to get the votes (with some exceptions, of course). I did warm up to S2 once I had them in hand, though, so we'll see. Dr. Decay is my favorite of this set.

This, exactly my thoughts!

#18 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

UofM yellow is probably my 3rd favorite OMFG color to the original S1 flesh and plum, but I was going to pass on S2 until the 25% discount day. There are too many color options for people to pay over $20 shipped for a set when most of them go for around $15 shipped. I'm not slamming your price. I always figured you aren't Rotofugi, and maybe you prefer orders to trickle in slowly while making a little more profit.

That's cool. I appreciate the feedback!

To be perfectly honest, I never understood why everyone else dropped their prices. It was like they all had a meeting I was invited to.

#19 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Veers, I'd pick up a set of Series 3 from you, S2 just wasn't my cup of tea.

#20 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'm in for LRG Green and metallic purple. Still up on the air for Plum though.

I'm about half-way through my inventory. Series 2 definitely are not selling like Series 1 did. I ordered the same amount (200 sets) although I had more colors this time. Also, for the same $15 that I sold out of in a month last time, you get a can and 2 posters, yada, yada. For $12 you get the set and a poster. The sale rate has plummeted though since the postage rates went up.

The buzz for series 2 was definitely not what Series 1 was, which is very interesting considering Series 2 had more pledges than Series 1. I think Series 3 will have more than Series 2, but we'll see how that translates over.

I think this time around though, I'll skip the extras and sell these at $11 or $12 per set. One problem I ran into on both runs was by adding the poster, I had to increase the package size and I couldn't ship in a bubble envelope for cheap.

Anyways, we'll see.

#21 Threat

Threat

T.H.R.E.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

I don't even understand how the pug got so many votes...

well, I do, but that's not right. Not only does it not look good, it doesn't even seem to fit with OMFG in general. I'm ok with the rest though and Fruit Punch would be my favorite of these, so I will be getting them. I just wish voting was a bit more "fair".

#22 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

I'm in for LRG Green and metallic purple. Still up on the air for Plum though.

I hope to see Plum again. I really like the color, and I like that it's an LRG color that has matching S1 and S2 sets. Probably not right to assume the factory could match it again for S3 though.

I figured green and metallic purple would be the most popular. I'm guessing people either bought both plum sets or neither, and it probably has more to do with trying to save some money than people not liking the color.

I really like the can packaging and would like to see it continue. I haven't opened my roll of posters since I got them. I don't really have anywhere to put them and don't want to mess them up. The posters are a cool extra, but I could do without them considering what it should save on box size/shipping.

well, I do, but that's not right. Not only does it not look good, it doesn't even seem to fit with OMFG in general. I'm ok with the rest though and Fruit Punch would be my favorite of these, so I will be getting them. I just wish voting was a bit more "fair".

I know there are more vocal opinions against the Pug than for it, but I don't understand where the design doesn't look good or doesn't fit with OMFG. It's a MUSCLE-inspired line, and the figure would fit in with MUSCLE better than any other OMFG figure yet. I can see where people that don't like Pugs would be annoyed that it's such a popular breed, but I don't get it if people honestly think the design is bad.

Spreading the word about OMFG and the voting will always be part of the line. It's not going to be limited to existing forum members with a certain number of posts. Zombie Thor isn't the first person to spread the word about his design and the voting. Most people just don't have a design that appeals to a large group of people like this one did to the group on battlepug.com.

#23 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

Unfortunately as it stands, there's nothing to stop someone campaigning for votes from people from outside the community. That is how you end up with the pug, which might actually be the worst minifigure I've ever seen.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#24 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

I'll go on record as saying I don't hate the Pug, although I will continue to call him the Puggernaught. I do agree the sculpt does leave a bit to be desired and I was really hoping they'd lose the nipple rings but I still wouldn't put him in my bottom three O.M.F.G. figures.

#25 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'll go on record as saying I don't hate the Pug, although I will continue to call him the Puggernaught. I do agree the sculpt does leave a bit to be desired and I was really hoping they'd lose the nipple rings but I still wouldn't put him in my bottom three O.M.F.G. figures.

What are you're bottom 3 OMFG figures then out of interest? I'd say Pugnacious would be in mine, along with a figure I believe will get into series 4, the banana ninja guy, so I've given him a preemptive place. :thumbsup:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com