• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#26 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Reading, Boobs, Video Games, M.U.S.C.L.E men... Just a lot of geekery in general.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

I would have to say Barbarianaut is probably my favorite. Followed closely by Dr. Decay. Im not sure if Ill back this though for just those two sculpts. I was really annoyed when i got my kickstarter black edition of S2 and it had a huge crease down the cardboard and that has also left a bad taste in my mouth. I figure i have 3 more weeks to decide if Ill back this. If i dont, Barbarianaut doesnt seem to be a popular fig so i might just try to trade for him.

#27 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Series 2 is basicly my bottom three. The mouth guy takes the top(bottom) spot, I don't like the cyborg baby although I can see why somebody would, the sculpting is certainly top notch, and probably Shirtle. In fact the only figure I really like from S2 is Grimm Gourd.

#28 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

... In fact the only figure I really like from S2 is Grimm Gourd.

Agreed :thumbsup:

#29 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

I think the biggest problem is that Series 1 set the bar so high that nothing has been able to compare to it yet. Series 1 felt cohesive, whereas 2 and 3 don't really.

My take on the 5, now that we've seen the protos?

Barbarianaught: I didn't really care much for the figure itself, but seeing it in a different color has made me warm up to it.

Fruit Punch: Was my favorite figure out of the winners, but seeing how it translated to a figure, I actually like the Bananja sculpt better. TO me it seems like the face doesn't capture the grittiness of the picture. Still a cool figure though.

Dr. Decay: Great figure! My favorite of the bunch now.

Pugnacious: I really didn't care for the picture. The sculpt looks better to me. Kewl little figure.

Ten Can: I thought the drawing was kind of blah. The actual sculpt I kind of like.

I think Series 3 catches the Series 1 feeling a lot better than Series 2 did. Except for the pug, they fit in better.

#30 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Least favourite OMFG.

3. Cyborg. Great sculpt - crap character.
2. Cuddlehard (mouth man). Just comes across as sucky.
1. The figure I truly can't stand the most is pugnacious. To me he seems more suitable for a kit ash than mini figure. Just whack any old dog head in a MOTU and wallah! No thanks.

On another note, the kickstarter has passed half way! Didn't see that coming so soon, guess its a good thing.. Those battle pug fans might be coming thru. That or the people from the pound or whatever.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#31 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

I backed for a flesh and black set. Dr. Decay might be my favorite OMFG figure yet, and I didn't even vote for it.

The figures look better in pics monsterforge has posted and the close up shots on the Kickstarter updates. I'm sure they will all look better in hand too.

#32 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

I like fruit-punch, all the others are just meh. i mean they're kinda cool, just not enough for me to buy them.
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#33 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

I am reading thru this and agreeing with some of it but If it doesn't get funded this line won't see a series 4 or 5 that you guys are waiting on... Ill agree Series 1 is awesome, series 2 couldn't hold a candle to it... And series 3 has a few hits and misses... I think the reason it doesn't really match to series one is the material used to make them is different I just feel the quality of the product is different and really turns off prospective buyers...

#34 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

The series 2 KS finished at $13,661, and $600 of that was a $200 pledge option that isn't available on S3 yet. I'll be surprised if it gets up to $15K relying mostly on $25 pledges the rest of the way. If the plan isn't to pull a few of the $1,000 exclusive buyers into the KS to finish it off, it probably won't make it.

#35 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

I agree, surprised to see its almost at $10k. Has slowed to a snails pace now though.

#36 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Well.... when the head shoots off his mouth & starts thinking he can dictate what an artist is and blah blah blah...... so you turn off or piss off a percentage of your base support. Be it kickstarter backers or those that bought from vendors... well let's just say you have too small an audience to start pissing down their legs. Then you want to play shipping games with the international market....

I was torn between wanting to support friends that have invested in exclusive colors & not wanting to really have anything to do withAttached File  5.jpg   21.85K   0 downloads In the end I feel really strongly about not associating with someone who woulod spit in my face & make light of the portion of the discussion here on LRG. He didn't give 2 shits about who he crapped on and sent his wife here to defend him.... um yeah, can't respect that.

Sucks because I want to support any halfway decent mini figure line out the to encourage more but.....

#37 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

This will probably be my 1st time not backing. I just don't like the line up especially with such a pun-heavy character group. I agreealso, that pug is my least favorite of the group. I hope series four is far better.

Then again... if # doesn't get funded, will they run 4?

#38 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Series 3 now hinges on Series 2 for me. :confused:

#39 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Then again... if # doesn't get funded, will they run 4?

Personally I believe they would. It seems they are dedicated to making OMFG a sucess. If they are that comitted, I don't think one Kickstarter not going through would stop them. It would be a matter of going back, seeing what went wrong and trying again.

#40 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Seems they're looking for new ways to sweeten the deal for the S3 Kickstarter. Today they announced that all pledges $25 and over will come with a bonus new Zombie Pheyden mini figure. More details and a pic on the KS page:

http://www.kickstart...b859ebdafe2bd6b

Pretty cool figure!

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#41 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Seems they're looking for new ways to sweeten the deal for the S3 Kickstarter. Today they announced that all pledges $25 and over will come with a bonus new Zombie Pheyden mini figure. More details and a pic on the KS page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/georgegaspar/omfg-series-3/posts/442747?ref=email&show_token=0b859ebdafe2bd6b

Pretty cool figure!

That figure will probably get the KS close to funded by the end of the week. No joke. I'll probably up my pledge by $20 or $25 to get either a couple extra in flesh or an extra flesh and extra black. I usually get OMFG sets for my kids anyway. The KS is the cheapest time to order them.

#42 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

I really just don't care about this series. I liked a few in series 2, but this series does nothing for me. May throw it a bone though and get the flesh and black sets, but other than that, I will just stick to collecting series 1.

#43 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

very cool figure, tempted to pledge just for that and sell the omfg. haha

#44 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

I like the Pheyden design, but I don't like that figure. I've seen better teeth on a zipper.

#45 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

I hope series 3 does get funded, but I'm not going to collect overly colour release of this series.

#46 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

I remember seeing that exact same figure in baby blue last year in pics of the SDCC as part of the second zombie series that never came out. Guess they brought it back to help out the kickstarter. Pretty cool incentive.

#47 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

What!!?!!1!!

Someone using Zombies to help a Kickstarter! :shok:

That would mean that we'll see the 'Penny Arcadeâ„¢' as mini figs by next week! :shock:

heh heh. Oh well, I'm impressed that they're adding a new character to the mix, I'd have hoped that Bananja would have gotten in, since he was disputed in the end of the voting, but you can't argue that a Glyos character ( and a ZOMBIE one for that matter) definitely will add some fans for sure.

#48 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

I remember seeing that exact same figure in baby blue last year in pics of the SDCC as part of the second zombie series that never came out. Guess they brought it back to help out the kickstarter. Pretty cool incentive.

That just jogged my memory, I knew it looked familiar.

#49 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

yeah...

Posted Image

http://glyosnewsdump.blogspot.com/2012/07/pheyden-found-in-zombie-from-october.html

#50 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

If he ran a Kickstarter for Z.O.M.B.I.E. Series 2 right now, it would be HUGE! I would venture to say that the proceeds could fund the next few waves of O.M.F.G. and Z.O.M.B.I.E.S.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com