• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Not bad, except for the mermaid.

I will have something available hopefully sometime soon that will smash siren out of the water!
Most people here know scorpion girl was an OMFG candidate, but has since ventured into greener pastures.
I can say my second figure (also finished) is waaaaay better than her even!
I have a third figure in the works too, this time male (gonna leave the females alone for a while I think...)
More news when it happens.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#27 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

George said something along the lines of them speeding up the time it takes to flesh out some prototypes so they can get manufactured quicker, which would be nice.

I take it that Siren will have the sculpt that George has already done up, Treewitched is finished, so is Wooly Wisp & bullseye
(I actually prefer the tail placement on GTM's bullseye, that and the horns look a bit better on too IMO).
So that means only Fossil Freak needs to be sculpted, and probably the others getting some minor refining.

Can't imagine it taking too long to do one figure!

If I had to guess End of June early July 

#28 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

I must admit, even though I don't really care for how the line is handled by OT, series 4 line up is much better than I thought we'd see.

Really glad to see George take control and kick a couple of the high vote count sh!tty submissions.out.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#29 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

I must admit, even though I don't really care for how the line is handled by OT, series 4 line up is much better than I thought we'd see.

Really glad to see George take control and kick a couple of the high vote count sh!tty submissions.out.

tumblr_m3j6t3Tb5q1qefhgc.gif

#30 jasonoldham

jasonoldham

Mr.TineyToyz.

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Any cool mini figs,x-box-360,basketball,and many others.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

i would have loved for the other mermaid to win but i picked 3 out of 5 and the only one that i dont really care for is the mermaid-dont fit the series all around well-but other then that i am a true fan at heart with the OMFG line,it reminds me of the 80s werid ball-not wrestlers and a muscle mashup.lol cant wait to get series 3 and 4 now.keep going strong OT(maby later we can see a 10 pack trashcan)or of some sorts.

BANNED!

#31 Guest_slimebeast_*

Guest_slimebeast_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Three of the selected figures (not willing to say 'winners') are classic creatures in classic poses. Plodding swampbeast/sasquatch, Mermaid holding a ship, and tree creature standing sort of tree-like. I feel like we all would've been better off submitting Frankenstein's monster, etc.

Bull's Eye is a classic pun, and Fossil Freak is sort of a Z.O.M.B.I.E. After the past three waves, Series Four is the "playing it safe" series.

The "we don't want any more trouble" series.

I voted for the tree based on how badass he looks, but combined with standard "MiMP" creatures I feel like he now just blends into the group.

Edited by slimebeast, 29 May 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#32 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Three of the selected figures (not willing to say 'winners') are classic creatures in classic poses. Plodding swampbeast/sasquatch, Mermaid holding a ship, and tree creature standing sort of tree-like. I feel like we all would've been better off submitting Frankenstein's monster, etc.

Bull's Eye is a classic pun, and Fossil Freak is sort of a Z.O.M.B.I.E. After the past three waves, Series Four is the "playing it safe" series.

The "we don't want any more trouble" series.

I voted for the tree based on how badass he looks, but combined with standard "MiMP" creatures I feel like he now just blends into the group.

I like classic creatures/monsters in classic poses. Your Crypt Golem would fit in this group more than Bull's Eye. Crypt Golem is like a mini Nathan Grantham from Creepshow. It was in my top 10. I think a lot of people can't look past the pixel design to see that it would be a badass figure when sculpted.  

I don't think bumping out an original design like Brain Waves for Bull's Eye was playing it safe. Bull's Eye gives the pun haters their 2nd pun character in 20 to complain about, and I think Bull's Eye is the one that would've been a huge OTMF for the art toy/customizer crowd to buy individually.    

#33 Guest_slimebeast_*

Guest_slimebeast_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

I forgot/didn't think to clarify what I meant by 'safe'.

The minute S4 was chosen, there were four sculpted figures. Three of which are George's sculpts. Fossil Freak will be George's scult, so four out of five are in-house OT work.

So "safe" point #1 is the idea that all but one figure are already finished and three are things George personally liked enough to sculpt already. There's less work to do now and less toy splitting to figure out.

The "classic" part... keep in mind I love MiMP and classic monsters/figures. That said, it's "Outlandish" Mini-Figure Guys, and from Series 1 forward the majority of the figures have been "outlandish". Yes, some were 'classic' or whatever people call that on a case by case basis, but most were inventive. Robot baby might not be everyone's cup of tea, but with a missile for a rattle and a bottle for a "life pack" or whatever you'd call it, doing such an off-kilter pose that WORKS... well, you get something new.

So "safe" point #2 is that we're not seeing anything risky with S4. There have been multiple figures where people worried "Will that even stand?!" and it was kind of cool to learn the answer was yes. There were also ideas where you wondered where TF that came from. Dr. Decay, Crawdad Kid, etc. Designs that defy logic, and once you see it - you want it real bad.

Anyway... I'm not trying to rip the series or the creators at all. If anything I'm just ripping on the ejection of Killer Kone and Brain Waves. Mostly because it would've been a risk to try working with their creators and sculpting things that might've been unexpectedly awesome. Instead the risk was averted.

I feel like the waves of OMFG got weirder and weirder and more and more controversial and messy until OT made the decision to have a safe S4 because of all the complaints about past figures, how they got in, what they look like, etc.

In which case, as I jokingly pointed out, for S5 we should submit sheet ghosts and Draculas so it appeals to the most people, etc.

Killer Kone... imagine George and the creator agreed on some tweakes that amped up the design, and imagine the ice cream and cone being different parts like Puke Knight and his Puke. Tell me collectors wouldn't have been doing their own "Ice Cream Shoppe of Horrors" thing swapping flavors and cones around.

Thanks for the kind words on Crypt Golem! He and Peninja will be back in other releases.

Edited by slimebeast, 30 May 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#34 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Gotcha. It sounds like there were headaches some S3 sculpts and it did seem to take a long time to go from voting to production. It is safe and quick to go with in-house sculpts that will be in scale without being sent back and forth for re-work. 

I don't like that Brain Waves and Killer Kone were removed without a real explanation why. It just left it open for people to point fingers at those artists and insinuate that they cheated. Joe and mindblowin handled themselves well after the lineup was announced. 

Good to hear you will still be submitting. I would actually like the Bananaman more without any ninja accessories. I like the face and the pose. I don't see a peen when I look at a peeled banana. Still, Crypt Golem is my favorite of your designs. I'd like to see a sculpted submission.

#35 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hey Slimebeast, nice to see you here! Sorry you left OT. I voted for CryptGolem and I hope he gets put out somehow. I'd love to have one in my collection. Forgive me as sometimes my mind is like scrambled eggs and I can't get my point across clearly. I had a partial conversation with you on OT before you left about Pun figures or the other type of figure whom you corrected me with. I can't remember the term now . I think there are several points of view when it comes to mini-figures in general. Monsterforge pointed out that difference brilliantly. There are guys who love classic styled monsters like myself and then there are those who lean towards designer vinyl.  LRG has a ton of guys who like the classic monster and OT of course has that designer vinyl lean. The clash happens when both parties compete for spaces. There are a lot of guys who love Series 3 as it's more of what they like. I personally hate it as it's absolutely the opposite of my interest. I was happy that brainwaves and killerkone were pulled as it's not what I like. It's selfish, I agree but I can't buy toys whom I don't personally like.  It all boils down to interest. I think the voting is still troublesome as it's left open for "anybody" to vote. Some would say, that's great. The more the merrier which is fine. If the community votes a figure in then I have to go with the flow. The problem I have is when peoples friends or family who may not even be collectors vote. I want a figure in OMFG cause the community wanted it, not one individual with a lot of friends and family. It's not fair in my opinion, especially if those folks aren't going to stick around..

I have raised those concerns somewhat on OT but more here because I don't think my opinions would be met positively. I'd probably be flamed or get into some silly fight. I can make my opinion known here and it has a chance of at least being listened to.

#36 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

I moved the crap here.
http://www.littlerub...howtopic=165907
You can finish up there.

#37 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hey Simebeast, on a separate note (and to change the topic) I reckon if you went with Gorm's take on your crypt golem you would've had a much better chance of making omfg by now. I get that he didn't ask you, but its still very flattering he liked the design enough to sculpt one up.
+ I know the sculpt was going offa that other sketch another OT member did, but IMO it looked sweet as.
I would've put a vote on it for sure.

Edit- hrmph. Too slow.

#38 Guest_slimebeast_*

Guest_slimebeast_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm in the process of removing my LRG account stuff, but just to clarify (lol) it wasn't at all that Gorm didn't ask. It was partly what you mentioned about ZombieThor drawing the fan art image of Crypt Golem, which was cool, then Gorm making the figure based on his interpretation instead of my design.

Thor says Gorm worked from that on his own, Gorm says Thor sent him that to work from, so everything started out from misunderstanding right away. The figure came out too large according to OT, didn't look like my design, didn't include elements of the design and added others, plus it would've been a three-way split (Me, Gorm, Thor) which was ruled out by OT anyway.

The fact that I kept asking Gorm to do things a certain way through the entire process and none of that happened was another factor. Everything added up to an unusable sculpt, unfortunately. Just another sad circumstance in my year-long obstacle course with the project.

Anyone wants any more info, http://slimebeast.com/forum - Personal Message.

Since jkaris won't delete this account like George won't delete l.designs', I'll be changing the e-mail address and password to gibberish so it cannot be retrieved. Same thing.

Edited by slimebeast, 30 May 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#39 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

See ya

Fun while it lasted.

Edited by PimpNugget, 30 May 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#40 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Yeah I'm glad you stuck with your design. I voted for it in series 4, I would not have voted for Gorms sculpt. It was missing my favorite aspect of the design, the little bundle of flowers.

Gorm did something similar with Living Candle around series 2 time.. He started making sculpts that looked nothing like my design and taking input from members on the forum. When I contacted him about it he never replied. He ended up making two completely different candle sculpts that looked nothing like my original drawing.

Edited by redjarojam, 30 May 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#41 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

Wow.  Series 4 is surprisingly...cool.  I may actually grab these when they come out. 

#42 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yeah I'm glad you stuck with your design. I voted for it in series 4, I would not have voted for Gorms sculpt. It was missing my favorite aspect of the design, the little bundle of flowers.

Gorm did something similar with Living Candle around series 2 time.. He started making sculpts that looked nothing like my design and taking input from members on the forum. When I contacted him about it he never replied. He ended up making two completely different candle sculpts that looked nothing like my original drawing.

I never replied to you because the two living candle sculpts have been destroyed by myself, so there was no reason to be worried... Infact I've never submitted them without your authorization dude... That was only fan-art.

Instead coming back to the CoG fact, Zombie Thor asked me to work out a sculpt basing on his drawing telling me was all right with you SB, so I didn't know you were not agree. I already explained about this and I'm ready to tell it again, even in presence of ZT in case he's agree.

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 11 June 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#43 smoovlee

smoovlee

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

mermaid one is boring and doesn't fit

#44 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Wow. A whole lotta drama round these OMFG figs. I never realized. It's like a reality show that ends with me buying a toy. ;)

1146643_10200212887837133_1911149890_n.j

#45 musclecollector

musclecollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

any word on the kickstarter date for this series?

#46 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

Can someone post pics of the winners here please?
Posted Image

#47 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

Here you go.

Attached Files

#48 musclecollector

musclecollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:05 AM

So no kickstarter date for this series yet? things have happened so quickly for the first 3 series that i figured this would have been announced by now. Looking forward to series 5

#49 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

$20,000+ price goal this time? bahaha, with only a couple decent designs this is gonna fail hard.

Edited by Ericnilla, 14 January 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#50 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

It's about $4,500 more than S3 pulled in. They will need good incentives and it will help if a bonus OTMFG figure is in the pledge descriptions from the start. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com