66 replies to this topic

#1 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 11:38 AM

Kinnikufans, we've been had again! The manga supposedly supposed to be released today... shock and awe isn't here yet.

I've tried EVERY store... bookstore, Comic Book Stores, Suncoast... NOT ONE BLOODY PLACE HAS IT!!!!!!!!! I should have KNOWN it was too good to be true.

Personally, I've had it. so far we've been denied the toys, the second DVD's in limbo, and now the book is "Mysteriously" unreleased. Us Kinnikuman fans have quite thick skin to put up with all the bullcrap that's been going down, but this is the LAST STRAW!!!!

I do not care how unpopular UM is, it's like all UM merchandise has been totally blacklisted. They're not even giving it a chance, and everyone's high and mighty about not carrying it for the sake they may lose a few bucks. Now we wouldn't want to be the selfishg kind who wants multinational conglomerates and such to lose a few bucks... that's like 2 dinners they'd lose. And Comic Book Stores.... eff! They are under no obligation to order toys, but they HAVE to have all comics of every make and manufacturer. I mean, they carreid those stupid Almagamation comics of the 90's.... and they still have them! Eff!

Personally, I wouldn't really care, but everywhere I checked (and I checked EVERYWHERE) didn't even have it. In fact the only new Japanese Mangas every store seemed to have was another installment of Ramna 1/2, and some pos called "Bug Boy" (which I would like to buy just so I can burn it and use the rest as toilet paper).

This is pretty much the third strike for me, and I've had a terrible day. I don't think that I even want this thing now, if it's gonna cause me stress and pain... it's not worth it! Not at all. :D
Posted Image

#2 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:35 PM

I checked 3 places today, and Barnes and Knobles told me that it was pushed back 1 1/2 - 3 weeks. I dont think that it is just cause its UM, cause Shaman King Volume 3 also wasnt out either. So it has to do with the company, since shaman king was pushed back some as well.

Posted Image

#3 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:41 PM

Oh well.... saves me the trouble of going to 3 more places.

Of course, when something's usually "pushed back" it means we'll never actually see it.

SIGGGGHHHHH... was so tempeted to get the Fairly Odd Parents Cinemanga, or a package of Teen Titans Minifigures instead.... Maybe I'll just go to Starbucks and get more Looney Tunes finger puppets.

Sigghhhhhhhh I'm seriously havin' a rough day, and this was no help at all.

The manga's pushed back.... like series 5-12 was pushed back.... and the second DVD was pushed back..... maybe I can get the Japanese versions on E-bay or off some member and pretend to know what they're saying. :insert crestfallen emoticom here:
Posted Image

#4 Ramses

Ramses

Walking the path of heaven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 02:06 PM

it's been delaed for a while now. IT Should of been out on March 21st,but it didnt. By any chance,specialty anime stores whould have it. mabe i'll give mine a call soon to see if they have it (I would know,they got in Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac #1 like 2 months before it came out in mass)

#5 ForteDX

ForteDX

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 02:33 PM

Hmm, yeah, I wouldn't bet on it. I have a local Anime specialty store, and behold! NOTHING!!! You know, this was my first day back to school from vacation, and the one thing driving me through the day was thinking, "Gee, it's the 14th, Kinnikuman manga comes out today!" Bam!!! After driving to 3 seperate places, I get the shaft, and no manga. I also don't wanna wait for 3 more weeks, that's just a pain.

#6 Ramses

Ramses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 02:44 PM

Forte-

thats why I call ahead and check,thats what I did and well..no luck,but not a broken spirit since I didnt travel to do the search :D

#7 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 03:15 PM

Independent comic companies like Viz frequently have troubles getting their comics out on time. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's Ultimate Muscle... Viz just screwed up the production for whatever reason.

This crap happens all the time with the Mirage Ninja Turtles comic. It's annoying, but eh... what can ya do?

#8 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:00 PM

I talked to the guy at my comic shop. He told me that Shonen Jump (Viz) didn't ship anything this week. He said it was a company problem and not any problem with the particular title itself. He also told me that Shonen Jump usually releases their manga in the big bookstores like Barnes & Nobles and Borders 1 week before they release them to the comic book stores. At any rate, I was definately bummed that the Ulimate Muscle manga wasn't out today. But, it will be here soon enough.

#9 SlickNichXenon

SlickNichXenon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:33 PM

I did see it on walmart's website. I haven't been to a walmart yet but i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come in. How unpopular is this show? I mean it can't be this bad; wouldn't it have been cancelled by now? It's a tragedy that they think more people would by a "Got Sake?" t shirt or alien hentai before Ultimate muscle. I did talk to a guy at Anime FX and when I told him it was a show on Fox he said the anime community hadn't forgiven Fox for something. Not violent or Japanese enough cause nothing is cooler than Japanese. Although he did say he'd stock the DVD of course I've called several times and it isn't there. I mean come on Ultimate Muscle shouldn't be selling less than Hurricane Live 2033: More Music of Bubblegum Crisis. What exactly are the ratings for ultimate muscle anyway?

#10 pfisteria

pfisteria

Sol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:48 AM

I did talk to a guy at Anime FX and when I told him it was a show on Fox he said the anime community hadn't forgiven Fox for something. Not violent or Japanese enough cause nothing is cooler than Japanese.

What did Fox do that the "anime community" needs to forgive them?
"If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

#11 SlickNichXenon

SlickNichXenon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 08:33 AM

I can't remember what series he said Fox screwed up but basically it was one of the first series Fox picked up. They were pissed at all the editing and now anime on Fox is blacklisted. He was telling me how Shaman King *shudders* is a good show *shudders again* but it won't be recieved well cause Fox now has it. Hopefully the manager at Anime FX will keep his word and not "push back" his order. Between the politics of corporations, not enough people wanting merch, and the anime community we're pretty much just gonna have to sit in this hell. *cries* I wanted to murder this one Suncoast guy cause he was looking for the DVD and when he saw it in family I just said it was on Fox and he said in his "I know what good anime is" voice "well why didn't you say so." Then I buy an Inu Yasha shirt and he comes up with a million questions like how much i spend on anime and how I should watch more "serious" aka bad drama animes. I think I'm gonna go back there and Kinniku Buster him.

#12 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:16 AM

Hmm well I know I was looking for it today but no go. If held back via company things I can understand but really I hope Vix does something smart and releases it in two ways (doubt it but I hate to see some little things taken out.)

The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing removed is what wally had to do, kiss Mantaro's arse. X_x :blink: :wacko: that was scary. If it wasn't for that one damn soccer mom whining about DingleBerry Z and a scene in it we wouldn't have this prob.

So it should be out but, save the Kinnikubuster for someone who deserves it like a Triple H or Brock the Crock Lesnar type of idjit.

#13 pfisteria

pfisteria

Sol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:45 AM

I wanted to murder this one Suncoast guy cause he was looking for the DVD and when he saw it in family I just said it was on Fox and he said in his "I know what good anime is" voice "well why didn't you say so."  Then I buy an Inu Yasha shirt and he comes up with a million questions like how much i spend on anime and how I should watch more "serious" aka bad drama animes.  I think I'm gonna go back there and Kinniku Buster him.

:blink: Yeah... I dislike people like that. I just ignore them and pretend I didn't hear them.

Edited by pfisteria, 15 April 2004 - 10:45 AM.

"If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

#14 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:55 PM

This crap happens all the time with the Mirage Ninja Turtles comic. It's annoying, but eh... what can ya do?

Then again, Mirage is ALWAYS late with their products. I remember reading up on this incident how they were getting numerous complaints back when they released a Hardbound special edition expensive book, and they recieved hundreds of angry letters. To Mirage's reply, "If it's not late, it's not a Mirage book."

Well, I'm feeling better... I've had a rough day getting stuff ready for my final project, and it kept going downhill after I left.... Let's say I wound up buying a defective tape in an attempt to cheer myself up... But luckily I returned it today, and things are looking up...

Well, my hopes are back up, so I guess come August we should see these.... :blink:
Posted Image

#15 Ramses

Ramses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:45 PM

well fudgecakes

#16 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 05:15 AM

well fudgecakes

Well here's hoping places alround here get it as well as vol 4 of Maison Ikkoku. Hey I dug Maison back when Viz released them in US comic format. good thing I can get a discount at Woldenbook's thanks my Grandmother's membership on there little club thing.

Hmm noticing the 15+ makes me happy, get to see it in it's real form and not a "Thanks bleeping bleep soccer mom everything has to changed!"

Yet I still fear that bet outcome scene poor wally having to kiss Kid's butt.

#17 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 03:49 PM

I talked to the guy at my comic shop. He told me that Shonen Jump (Viz) didn't ship anything this week. He said it was a company problem and not any problem with the particular title itself. He also told me that Shonen Jump usually releases their manga in the big bookstores like Barnes & Nobles and Borders 1 week before they release them to the comic book stores. At any rate, I was definately bummed that the Ulimate Muscle manga wasn't out today. But, it will be here soon enough.

It's been three weeks... any updates on the situation? The comic stores don't have it yet (I checked this morning), so has anyone seen it in book stores?
Posted Image

#18 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:31 PM

I didnt see it yesterday when i checked at Sun Coast. I did see that the new Shaman King was out, as well as a few other mangas. I also checked over at Walden Books, but they had nothing new over there.

The back page of Shaman King says the Ultimate Muscle Volume is out now, and Volume 2 will be out June 14 (or something like that).

Posted Image

#19 Ramses

Ramses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:29 PM

well,I sent an e-mail like...2 weeks back and no answer just yet,but if you all want to try to get a hold of Viz as well,you can send them an e-mail at their Contact page. I highly recomend sending e-mails and such to them to get answers.

#20 hell_teacher

hell_teacher

Saiyan Rage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:comics,action figures,rock concerts.

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:08 PM

i cant remember what manga i saw it,in the end of the page there putting all the manga series there selling and there was the ultimate muscle manga,damn me too i was telling if is out yet but no answer
Posted Image
They kill me,i was in Hell and the demons tought me the powers of Hell,my power is more terrible then the demons themshelfs,i escape and come back to life but like a Gold Demon.

#21 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:05 PM

Of course... still "Delayed" in purgatory... right?

If this was Yu-gi-oh, they'd friggin' have 12 armored trucks, 6 of them only with guards, just to make sure it hits there on time. I'm giving them another month (sounds way more than fair) then, I'm giving up on them....

a month overdue.... and they're \still in business....
Posted Image

#22 Ramses

Ramses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:48 PM

Of course... still "Delayed" in purgatory... right?

If this was Yu-gi-oh, they'd friggin' have 12 armored trucks, 6 of them only with guards, just to make sure it hits there on time. I'm giving them another month (sounds way more than fair) then, I'm giving up on them....

a month overdue.... and they're still in business....

Aprerently so. UM issnt the top trump card,their trump card is the main Shonen Jump titles (DBZ,Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu Yu Hakusho), and the Rumiko Takahashi collections they own (Masion Ikoku,Ranma 1/2 and Inu-Yasha) so it's easy to say that something like UM has a snoballs chance in hell at this point. I still say give them another month,if not,we Riot! :lol:

but in all serousness,we should at least send E-mails and snail mail to Viz to get an answer on whats happening.

#23 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:01 AM

Another month, and I'm just giving up... I mean... the toy lines dead.... I can settle with that. No more DVD's... okay.... but now they aren't even TRYING to release the Manga dispite advertising it numerous times, and putting a prieview in their magazine.

I swear... if it never comes out, I'm never buying a Viz product again. They could translate the original series for all I care, just not gonna even bother with them.

I just e-mailed them... so I guess I'll get a form letter by the time it comes out. If it comes out!

Edited by Drtooth, 08 May 2004 - 10:09 AM.

Posted Image

#24 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:57 PM

Another month, and I'm just giving up... I mean... the toy lines dead.... I can settle with that. No more DVD's... okay.... but now they aren't even TRYING to release the Manga dispite advertising it numerous times, and putting a prieview in their magazine.

Dude, relax. Viz is notorious for being late on many titles. They are trying to come out with the manga. I did a simple search at store.viz.com for Ultimate Muscle and up came Ultimate Muscle Vol 2 to be shipped on May 26. The store was accepting pre-orders. Now, it does seem that Vol. 2 will not be out on May 26. However, maybe May 26 will be the new target date for Vol. 1. I would not think that Viz would be soliciting for pre-orders if the manga was not going to be released.

Another reason for the delay could be that Viz has switched distributers from Publishers Group West to Simon and Schuster. This agreement is to begin June 1. And it is reported that Simon and Schuster will be distributing new manga titles (like UM, Bleach and Prince of Tennis) scheduled for April and May.

Now, what is also interesting is that Ultimate Muscle was listed under the Graphic Novels section at ShonenJump.com. However, it has now been removed. Also, at Viz.com, Ultimate Muscle is not on their list of titles that they carry.

#25 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:41 AM

It looks like the new release date is May 15. JustManga.com and the AnimePot.com both have it for sale with a May 15th release date. They also have Vol. 2 with a July 9 release date.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com