• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:28 AM

Mars, a half-man-half-bird... or so we thought, right? You think he's part swallow, as in swallow BIRD. Well, have you given it some thought and looked closely at his costume? Do you know any swallows with red and yellow on them? They're usually red and blue with a bit of white, right? of course! So why's he red and yellow? The colors baffel me as well, but wtf is that little symbol on his chest? *gasp* Could he really be? Yes, in fact I'm pretty sure that he's a swallowTAIL BUTTERFLY.

Now, what give me that idea? Many of you have noticed the symbol on his chest, right? Well, check out his hood and the front middle section of his costume, how red it is. The hood and the swallowtail part of the coat would possibly represent the wings of a butterfly as well as the pink on his arms.

But the feet is what threw everybody off. When I first saw his true form, I was only half-awake that morning and thought he was part-dragon. lol. Now, the mask, look how it's shaped, how the mask points and curves upwards in a way diagonally from his eyes, like either moth or butterfly antenneas.

Yes, I agree, he looks nothing like a butterfly, but he's not much of a bir, not is he? Well, I've come to the conclusion that he made himself look more BIRD rather than BUTTERFLY to reduce humiliation and embarrassment, not to mention due to his personal reason of getting into the dMp, they probably wouldn't accept a "pretty bug." I mean, if YOU were an evil leader of a devistating demonic team of evil wrestling supervillains, would YOU want a BUTTERFLY representing YOUR team? I think not.

Now, if you consider him a bird, then could someone please tell me what the butterfly symbol on his chest is for?
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#2 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:03 PM

*pets Mariposa*
His name means Butterfly, and he was a cool leader, so if Mars was going for that "look", then I doubt he'd be humilated that much, especially if he wears pink as well. (not that wearing pink should humilated anyone, just look at Kevin!) :)

The so called "butterfly" symbol on his chest looks a heck of a lot like Akuma Shogun's symbol, so perhaps he wanted to feel evil more evil by having that particular sign on his outfit. That's what I think anyway.

#3 hushicho

hushicho

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:art, music, tarot, manga, culture, languages, cooking, supernatural

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:27 PM

Butterflies also are symbolic of souls in Japanese traditional spiritual culture. It is said that a butterfly can be the embodiment of a soul trying to find its way to the afterlife, or sometimes a form that a spirit takes when it doesn't want to appear as human. In many series, works, games, and so forth, someone surrounded by butterflies or indicated by butterflies (especially pitch-black ones or purple ones, apparently) is someone who has liberated many, shall we say, from their physical bodies. The butterfly can be beautiful, but used in some ways they can also be chilling. If he is a butterfly, which I think is a good idea, it only further emphasizes his 'beautiful but deadly' appearance!
~ but that dream is your enemy ~ Kate Bush, 'Experiment IV'

#4 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:55 PM

I love Butterflys, and butterfly shapes are sometimes used for gangs in Japan, most common would be black butterflys.
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#5 hushicho

hushicho

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:06 PM

I didn't know that! That's very interesting. I think it's very interesting, to see the different significance of butterflies in different cultures.

By the way, your signatures just get more and more hilarious.

#6 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:19 PM

I never thought about that, actually. o_o but Mars' mask looks an awful lot like a rooster. XD

Also, as Siya pointed out, Mars' crest looks a lot like Akuma's. It also looks like Demon-Buffaloman's mark. (Hence why I like making Mars related to Buffaloman..)

But the inside pattern does look like a butterfly.. and when he uses his Mask of Madness, he looks like a rooster, but i's fuzzy like a moth.

Maybe that explains why he likes fruit? XD Argh. Now I'll have to redesign Regina!..

But he does have bird-ish feet..

Edited by KnuxieChan, 17 January 2006 - 12:19 PM.

#7 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:21 PM

Omg, Knuxie, you didn't know that? XD! Wow, I thought you did! Cool, I outbrained her! Hooray for me!

Now the birdish feet was just me thinking Mars had somewhat of a sensitive side somewhere in the black heart of his.. Notta mention, it's what gave me the impression he was half-dragon, which I feel like a frickin' loonatic for thinking THAT now.

But he's a pretty damn good lookin' bug, wouldn't you agree? ;)

For now, I'm out of theories.
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#8 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:10 PM

Hummm. I think he's more birdish. Swallows may not be red and pink.. but most manga artists draw Swallows as red and black. Mars showed up as red in black in some of the panels.

I like the butterfly idea, but Marsy shall forever be a bird for me. He's like a phoenix, if you think about it. Beautiful but deadly. XD

#9 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:34 PM

I consider him as a butterfly. Beautiful and mysterious. He never really revealed his true past in the manga or the show about BEFORE the dMp as to who his parents were and he improves on techniques. Butterflies are beautiful and... aw hell, I just think that the butterfly theory is great for Mars... Lemme alone, this novacane from the dentist's appointment made half my head go numb and probably effected my brain too, so that's my excuse for this topic becoming half-useless. XD
Posted Image

#10 Protoman

Protoman

Transformers Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, Kinnikuman, 80s/90s toys, video games

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

The so called "butterfly" symbol on his chest looks a heck of a lot like Akuma Shogun's symbol, so perhaps he wanted to feel evil more evil by having that particular sign on his outfit.

Yeah that's what I thought it was suppose to be linked to originally. Like if Mars was his "son" or something. Lord knows that comes up a lot already.

#11 hushicho

hushicho

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:27 AM

I'm not really sure if I think he's a butterfly, a rooster, or what he is. I wouldn't object to him being a peacock, although I don't think calling him a 'phoenix' is very accurate in light of the fact that he's outright brutal. Beautiful but deadly can describe a lot of things, but a phoenix isn't one of the things I think of when I think of that, since they don't tend to be too violent at all, but more peaceful and contemplative birds. In fact I don't remember hearing too much about phoenixes ripping people's arms off or brutally ripping them in half, and I've done a lot of phoenix research -- it is after all my namesake!

So maybe I throw in my vote for peacock, since he is a little narcissistic. And the line between peacock and phoenix, at least in the East, is often a little bit blurry.

#12 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

Omg, a PEACOCK?! XD XD XD XD!

Yeah, I can imagine him nlue and green with a series of big feathery tails coming out of his butt. XD XD XD!

If he's a peacock, what the hell does the "swallowtail" thing have to do with a peacock?

Still, that'd be an interesting thing to see him reveal himself as a wrestling peacock. XD

Dude, I'm totally gonna draw that now. XD

But really, what do you think he his? To me, signs point to the Swallowtail Butterfly.
Posted Image

#13 hushicho

hushicho

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:35 PM

Well I say peacock because he's bright red (which was commonly associated with peacocks, most famously in feng shui, although that can be interchangeable with phoenixes) and has the two tails; peacocks typically would have many beautiful tails trailing them in much a similar fashion, and sometimes there would be two or three more prominent than others. Couple that with his winglike appearance sometime...

Peacock hasn't been unheard-of with fighting characters, usually the beautiful ones that fancy themselves a little posh! Honestly I don't know what he is, but it's certainly interesting to discuss it! :devil:

#14 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:18 AM

I still say Swallowtail bird.. mixed with a Raven. Ravens are very smart birds! XD

Attached Files

Edited by KnuxieChan, 21 January 2006 - 12:20 AM.

#15 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:43 AM

So it's hard for some of you to imagine Mars shoving several multicolored feathers up his butt?

I'd think it was, you know... expected of him by now.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#16 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:48 AM

I still say Butterfly...
Posted Image

#17 hushicho

hushicho

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

Given Yudetamago's penchant for things related to the buttocks and general crotch area, I don't think I'd put it past likelihood to have a story where Mars just goes nuts and starts stuffing things up his butt. And then of course Mantarou has to use his immense flatulence to save everyone, in a pinch, and we all learn a Very Important Lesson.

...someone should draw that.

#18 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:50 AM

Talk to Knuxie, I'm not so good at drawing Mars unless I got something to sketch from or to trace and re-crate new limbs, armour, etc.

Because the only Mars expert I know of is Knuxie. :)
Posted Image

#19 hushicho

hushicho

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:52 AM

I think she has too much respect for him to draw that. Call me crazy, but... :lol:

#20 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:03 AM

Hmmmmmmm. >3 I have a very funny pic in mind.

And theorgg, I'm saving that quote because it's freakin' awesome.

#21 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:28 PM

I would be more than happy to draw him had like... more butterfly or moth-like, but in order for me to do that in a non-crappy way, I'll need another pic to trace from, and then I can customize it from there, but I just need a pic. If anyone's willingly gonna lend me a pic of Mars, I could draw him half-butterfly/moth for everyone. :lol:
Posted Image

#22 Mars

Mars

The REAL Mars fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 02:56 PM

LOL i had this theory a LONG time ago. Just never though it was that important to people. :huh:

#23 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:11 PM

Mars, how did you come up with that theory? (I feel like I'm talking to the character now XD XD)
Posted Image

#24 Mars

Mars

The REAL Mars fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:04 PM

Because I didn't think anyone cared. It seems that it wasn't till after the show went off air people started coming to these forums, which was when I quit. Anyway if you want a lead, look at a picture of a swallow butterfly's caterpillar form (larvae?).

#25 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:47 AM

Heh, I would if these stupid parental controls would let me see the pics on google a lot easier. Eventhough I hacked into my mom's master screenname to enable my screenname of all sites, some pictures still are blocked, and it pisses me off. >.<'
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com