ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

I agree with what others have been saying about the purple color, both about the BB vs. LB accessory progression and the fact that the purple is a bit overbearing in the larger proportions (visually confirmed for me by the photo of Blue Eagle above with the purple shield). I was glad to read that you've decided to release them in the other colors as well, though I've not decided yet if I want to invest in a set of the new releases. However, I'll surely be in for a set of the classic 12 though when your store opens :thumbsup:

#77 Slowpoke Sloth

Slowpoke Sloth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

These look great and count me in... Actually ordered a set of the reproduction shields from your eBay this week.

I like the idea of the three different colored shields but like many I am not a big fan of the purple. But I also don't know if im a fan of the uniform bronze/gold look either.

What about a copper color for the higher shields like what bb weapons 45-56 have? It still different but doesn't look so out of place.

What does everyone else think?
"All the thoughts of a turtle are turtle." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#78 vaal

vaal

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, M.U.S.C.L.E, MOTUC, Vintage MOTU, Vintage Star Wars, TOS Star Trek

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

I thought purple was a great choice at first. But now I'm having trouble deciding.

These are some of my ideal combos in a perfect world:

Lower: silver gun/gold shield (just like the middle)
Middle: silver gun/gold shield (already established)
Upper: gold gun/silver shield (here taking the opposite of the first two waves)

Or:

Lower: silver gun/silver shield (matching colors)
Middle: silver gun/gold shield (opposite colors- already established)
Upper: gold gun/gold shield (matching like the lower wave, but gold this time)

On that last one it will depend on how well the gold guns of the upper wave match the gold shields.

Edited by vaal, 31 July 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#79 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

So I can buy one sled for $20 or three for $45?

Just to make sure im understanding that chart correctly. Also, where's the deception sled?? :)
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#80 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

I actually like the purple as they look much less like knock offs and more like they are adding something new and unique to the battle beast nostalgia. I'd much rather go in for something that looks like it's bringing the old line back to life than something that looks like it was an afterthought from the initial release that just got lost on the cutting room floor.

#81 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

I actually like the purple as they look much less like knock offs and more like they are adding something new and unique to the battle beast nostalgia. I'd much rather go in for something that looks like it's bringing the old line back to life than something that looks like it was an afterthought from the initial release that just got lost on the cutting room floor.

I agree, I'm going with what the creator originally intended on this, as I respect the logic behind it. I wonder how the purple shields will match up with the purple sleds?

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#82 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

So I can buy one sled for $20 or three for $45?

Just to make sure im understanding that chart correctly. Also, where's the deception sled?? :)

Yes it will be the prices, but for now the job is not finished yet on them, my factory is just finishing to work on the molds at this time.

I will have my first samples in the next 8 days and I will be able to show the first pictures soonest. (I asked for a sample of the "Blue Drill" version because they can send to me only one color for now).

If the result is good and that I do not have to ask for changing something on the sculpts, I will approve the mass production to the factory and they will finish the job quickly (to make the mass production it is taking something like 10/14 days generally). 

I will have all the sleds ready for the last week of this month I am thinking.

About the colors of the Upper shields, you can left your feeling or wishes on this thread, I am reading each message and I am taking notes.

For now I can't change more things concerning the shields because to start a new color run it is costing a lot of $$$ and I have again to invest in the full Sled production (just the molds of them are paid actually), I can just propose the Bronze/golden, silver or purple colors.

But later I will can do more things, for now my first step is just to have a part of my money spent back to me to be able to reinvest in new things, I have again a lot of plans to realize in my mind concerning this toyline.

@Slowpoke Sloth, thx for your purchase ;) I hope you will enjoy them.

Edited by tokyonever, 01 August 2013 - 12:09 PM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#83 Hibbinator1000

Hibbinator1000

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

They came in the mail today!!!
1E2F8B22-266C-4687-AE0F-CEB5369BE624-894
7FD5D1EA-BFF1-4746-871B-D63AE7BD99C5-894

Thanks so much! The purple is actually really cool!

Edited by Hibbinator1000, 05 August 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Hibbz

#84 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

I got mine today too! :woot: The plastic and stickers are of excellent quality! The art is great too! These are the coolest custom/repro accessories the toy-line has seen to date, IMO.

Now about the purple. I was skeptical, but decided to see with my own eyes on the figures before I came to a final opinion. Now that I have them, it looks pretty out of place and not so cool with the figures and their colors. The sticker art looks fantastic, but the purple plastic looks too toy-like compared to the other metallic shields and guns. I am definitely getting a gold set to replace the purple. (I tested and put some gold shields in the upper LBs' hands to see how it looks, and YES, it will be amazing!)

The purple was a cool, logical idea, but didn't quite hit the mark, IMHO. If it's okay with Toykonever, I will trade or sell my purple shields to another member once I get the gold set later this month. No hard feelings!

That said, SUPPORT Toykonever's awesome new business! Fast shipping, great prices, and easy to work with. I'm leaving 100% satisfied member feedback.  :D

Edited by JonnyPac, 05 August 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#85 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

Thx for your words guys, I am happy that you are enjoying them.

No Problem Jonny if you need to trade the Purple set, they are your ;)

About the purple color it is funny because some collectors are prefering them and other ones really not haha!

Good news: I will have the first sled Sample ("Blue Drill" colors one) coming at the end of this week, I will be taking pictures soon.

Edited by tokyonever, 05 August 2013 - 10:35 PM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#86 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

Cool! Thanks :). That said, anyone here that needs a full purple set, PM me asap! They are very nice, I'd just prefer the metallic look all around.

I look forward to seeing the new sled colors, and the look of the repro colors. I'm planning on getting several or each.

Here's a pic of my 12 purples for sale/trade:

Attached Files

Edited by JonnyPac, 08 August 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#87 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

About the sleds I just got a picture of the "blue Drill" colored one from my factory.

I will take better pictures of these first Samples when I'll have them in hands in few days :)

firstlook.jpg

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#88 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Awesome!

#89 Chogokin Jawa

Chogokin Jawa

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

Awesome stuff and by looking at the pics, top notch quality!

Johnny, when do you plan to open the store?

#90 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

Hi Chogo, I took a little delay because I am still waiting for a large part of the stickers production.

My actual stickers stock is too poor and I can't manage large orders, just few sets, it is why I am blocked for the webstore opening (the store is ready).

But I am thinking in 7/8 days around now.

To explain to you my problem with the stickers: I tried to work with 2 different printers and they did a real massacre by trying to made them lol. 

Each time the problem was concerning the die-cut process because the job must be very precise and the stickers are very small and for a designer not experimented it is extremely complicated to realize.

Finally I lost two weeks.

Recently I found a 3rd printer and this time the job looks to be great and exactly what I wanted, now I have just to wait to receive them :)

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#91 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

So is it $119 per set of 12 Upper and Lower?  Or $119 Lower and $119 Upper?

What is currently available and prices?

Edited by SaltLakeToyJunkee, 07 August 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#92 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hi SaltLake, it will be $119 each set/12 shields by set (Free shipping worldwide).

Actually I just have few sets listed on the Bay and like I just  explained in my last message I am waiting my full stickers production before to open the webstore and to start the official public sales. (in 7/8 days around now).

The sleds will be coming at the end of this month.

When all will be officially ready I will inform collectors on this thread directly and on my blog.

Edited by tokyonever, 07 August 2013 - 09:27 AM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#93 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

Better pics of the Sled "Blue Drill" colors:

bluedrill.jpg

And two comparative pictures with the vintage Blue Drill vehicle to show you better the colors result.

With Flash:

blue2.jpg

And with/out Flash:

blue1.jpg

About the quality I can confirm now, it is the same one than the vintage sleds: same plastic material used (ABS) and 100% playable.

Edited by tokyonever, 08 August 2013 - 04:14 AM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#94 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hi, store is now opened ;)

Sorry for the little delay.

nowopen.jpg

Also here is a picture of a Sled "test shot" sample, the full production is still in process and all is on a good way.

sledtest.jpg

And an extra picture showing some "Blue Drill" Sleds displayed on the figures as backpacks:

sledback.jpg

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#95 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Great pics!

#96 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

These shields are sooooo cool. Thanks again!

SkullShield.jpg

LaserBeastsShields.jpg

HighLaserShields.jpg

#97 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Damn! Give all these chariots to me Jonny :bunny:

Nice pics.

Edited by tokyonever, 21 August 2013 - 03:11 PM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#98 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

Damn! Give all these chariots to me Jonny :bunny:

Nice pics.

Attached File  misc-all-the-things-l.jpg   51.83K   4 downloads

Speaking of chariots, I sure hope no one here is bidding against me on that Dino Gator that's up right now. It'll stay nowhere near my current bid I'm sure but it'd be cool to avoid a bidding war with other members here at least. Hah! Just kidding, have fun throwing money with me if you need it to. I just hope I can avoid bidding against resellers...   :notme:

Anyway, I always love seeing pics of your collection Jonny, I suspect that you built that little terrace in your yard somewhere just for beast photoshoots.  :thumbsup:

Edited by bachamn, 22 August 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#99 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

hahaha. Thanks. Yup. Getting all kid-like digging and playing with (thousands of dollars worth of) toys. :)

Good luck on the gator! He is cool.

#100 Chogokin Jawa

Chogokin Jawa

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

Just done my order for some shields! Can't wait!!!!!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com