M.U.S.C.L.E
    Blind bags
    Nintendo Game and watch
    WWF classic
    He man
    GITD

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Hey Guys,

Well it finally happened at long last I saw some Cheap toys at a carboot sale(flea market for our friends in the usa)

And to think after 2 different car boots I was too hot to go to this one. But I thought come on its nearly the end of carboot season 1 more month left.

So i was on the fence for abit but then I said if i don't go I'll kick myself if i missed out on some sweet things.

And boy was I right to go!!! Bar finding a Nintendo game cube and 5 games for £10

I found my cheap toys I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

So I walked over calmly and seeing the neon green goodness I ask "how much for these?".
Now I was thinking ,here we go some way over the top price as he had alot of 80's toy stuff there!

To which he replied "a pound mate" I nearly fainted lol so i said sure ok. totally forgot to haggle as was so excited to see them.

AS TO DATE MY BEST FIND EVER!

Attached Files

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:41 AM

Nice find mate!
I know some of them can be quite valuable but its not my LRG area and I'm sure there are some other people out here that can tell you exactly what you've got. But for 1 GBP its a good find anyway :)

So you need to go to about 3 carboot sales to find a good score huh LOL
Have to keep that in mind.

These things make the life of a toycollector so much more fun picking (rare?) pieces up for a bargain.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

Well done you lucky mother fugger! I don't go to many boot sales, but when I do there is always jack all toys at them. I've never found any MIMP let alone GPK. Nice find matey!

#4 Blackrabbit

Blackrabbit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:GPK
    M.U.S.C.L.E
    Blind bags
    Nintendo Game and watch
    WWF classic
    He man
    GITD

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

Nice find mate!
I know some of them can be quite valuable but its not my LRG area and I'm sure there are some other people out here that can tell you exactly what you've got. But for 1 GBP its a good find anyway :)

So you need to go to about 3 carboot sales to find a good score huh LOL
Have to keep that in mind.

These things make the life of a toycollector so much more fun picking (rare?) pieces up for a bargain.

Cheers pal yes 3 is the magic number.

#5 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

Dude, i go to the booties on a weekly basis, but never had a score like that,

i hate you :rofl: good score mate :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#6 McSoundwave

McSoundwave

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting toys I remember so fondly from my childhood to include G.I. Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, MOTUC, Garbage Pail Kids, Go Bots and of course, M.U.S.C.L.E.s. Call me a nostalgiaholic I guess!

Additionally, I fancy spending time with my family, working out, playing basketball, watching movies, traveling, and trying new things.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

Awesome! There's a couple Car Boot sales in my local area (Huntingdon) I go to regularly. They are hit or miss, but certainly don't lack that air of excitement as you never can quite be sure what lurks around the corner at that next person's "shop". Last week as a matter of fact, I found a rather nice display case that's perfect for LRGs. It's wooden, replete with wooden framed glass door on hinges and lock. Very nice indeed and the lady gave it to me for next to nothing. I'll have to take a pic and post here at some point. No matter, I skipped out on today's adventures, but will be back in the fray soon as we'll be looking to go as a vendor. We have some stuff to unload!

Anyhow, as for haggling...with respect to your "Cheap" find...better to not look a gift-horse in the mouth if you know what I mean!

Congrats on the score and happy future "bootin'.

#7 Blackrabbit

Blackrabbit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
    M.U.S.C.L.E
    Blind bags
    Nintendo Game and watch
    WWF classic
    He man
    GITD

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

Dude, i go to the booties on a weekly basis, but never had a score like that,

i hate you :rofl: good score mate :thumbsup:

I am the same on the booty front and been doing it for years and never ever seen gpk! not even cards.

Thanks mate well if you hate that I dare not say what I scored then

#8 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

Tell, im always eager to see people luck at the booties :yes:

Posted Image

#9 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

I hit my local booty today. Not much to be had, although I did grab a set of Wallace and Gromit minis. Not many traders today, it was a nice enough morning but there was definitely rain on the way so I think that kept a lot of people away. If I can sort out a lift I'd like to hit the big one at Wetherby racecourse before the end of the season.
soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#10 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

Nice Score! Peach Adam and Bret...Lime Green Petey and Chris....Light Blue Janie...Dark Red Lindsay.

#11 Blackrabbit

Blackrabbit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
    M.U.S.C.L.E
    Blind bags
    Nintendo Game and watch
    WWF classic
    He man
    GITD

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

Nice Score! Peach Adam and Bret...Lime Green Petey and Chris....Light Blue Janie...Dark Red Lindsay.

Thanks Pal.

Just Chris was the only model I needed in the ever going quest to finish a set lol still not done one yet!

#12 kingkarl

kingkarl

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:muscle, street fighter, combat sports, pro wrestling, taxidermy, hard drinking and being an all round good egg!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

awesome haul. i sold an aqua petey to someone in the states this year for £70+£10 shipping. can't believe you got them for a quid :hi: i tip my hat to you sir
are they all floaters?

#13 Blackrabbit

Blackrabbit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
    M.U.S.C.L.E
    Blind bags
    Nintendo Game and watch
    WWF classic
    He man
    GITD

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

awesome haul. i sold an aqua petey to someone in the states this year for £70+£10 shipping. can't believe you got them for a quid :hi: i tip my hat to you sir
are they all floaters?

£70 for a aqua nice one! I have some aquas but not petey :( thanks again I don't think i'll ever see this again. But you just never know.

I guess what I've learnt is get out there the bargains are there and if you don't go you won't know.

Sadly no floaters that would have made it an Epic haul instead of just a great one lol

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com