96 replies to this topic

#76 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:34 AM

Perhaps we ought to contact the repro folks. This is taking them a bit too long. ;)

I have, and no reply :lol:

I too am gitty to get mine...then my army of Starburst....uh Sunburst customs will rule Beast Planet from their dark fortress, (Batman playset) :w00t:

mmmmmmwwwwoooooooohhahahhhahahahhahahahahahha!! :cry:

grimey :rolleyes:
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#77 Orodruin

Orodruin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:18 AM

FWIW, a guy on tfw2005 just got some labels in that he ordered around the same time most of us did (about 3 weeks ago). Keep your fingers crossed.
the Hot Rod collector
general TF nuts
BB upstart

Posted Image

#78 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:49 PM

I sent them an e-mail, but no response yet! :lol: I am eagerly awaiting them! :D

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#79 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:14 PM

I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:w00t: :w00t: :D
Hahahaha all the waiting is over and the fun begins!
You can see what it is without rubbing it. There is a slight silver outline of the element that you can see from different angles. They also activate WAY quick. You touch it for a second and it is totally revealed. So basically, no one is getting scammed on buying a repro sunburst lion, unless you buy it from ebay and they lie to you. :D
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#80 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:33 PM

pics! PICS! PIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I demand them.
Posted Image

#81 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:19 PM

Ask and you shall recieve my child............

This is just changing from my fingers touching the sides of the rubs. You can also see the sunburst on the ones not activated.
Posted Image

I dont know if you can see it but if you look closely you can see the elemental signs without the rubs being activated. Best one to look at is the bottom right....it is water
Posted Image :D :D :lol: :lol:

Edited by CCVegita, 19 June 2006 - 04:21 PM.

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#82 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:09 PM

I got mine too! :w00t: I'm glad they finally arrived. Now I gotta go make me a "starburst" lion... :D

Any suggestions on cutting 'em out? I'm gonna go try a razor with a hammer. Line it up, and chop... :D

#83 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

I got mine too! :w00t: I'm glad they finally arrived. Now I gotta go make me a "starburst" lion... :D

Any suggestions on cutting 'em out? I'm gonna go try a razor with a hammer. Line it up, and chop... :D

Not a bad idea.

#84 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:45 PM

NO Fair! I want mine! :D Oh well, they will get here! Thanks for posting pics Andrew!

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#85 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:45 PM

Looks good. When I get better with the customs I'll probably pick up a few.
Posted Image

#86 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

Hells yes, y'all! :w00t: I've got my very own SB Pirate Lion. It looks great!!! I also fixed all of my figures that had damaged rubs. I bought a set of every symbol, and they all are perfect.

Scissors actually work great for cutting them out. I did try the razor at first, but I prefer the scissors. It takes no talant to follow the silver borders and trim them correctly.

Steve, I'm sure your's will arrive very soon. :D It'll be a party! :D

#87 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:00 AM

Are they adhesive on the back or do you have to glue them on?

To be honest I'm quite anoyed with how long they are taking, I'm reconsidering purchasing many more if it will take over a month to arive. :D

grimey

#88 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:14 AM

They are sticky. I didn't use any glue and they held well as is. :D

I was pretty upset about the wait too. However, I noticed that they were sent from Canada. Perhaps there were some hang-up there etc... :D

#89 Psycrowe

Psycrowe

Is back

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:16 PM

I ordered a set as soon as I saw the post on the boards, and they just arrived today. I'm up in Canada too XD. Hmm, perhaps they got bogged down with orders? But who knows. I'm just happy to finally get them :D

Mr. Shark poses with mine since he was conveniently within arm reach XD

~Adelle Crowe.

#90 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:05 PM

So it looks like any closeup (non activated) picture will reveal whether it is a repro or legit.

#91 Slowpoke Sloth

Slowpoke Sloth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:02 PM

Got mine yesterday and converted my lion to a sunburst symbol!!! :D Also fixed some rubless beasts with some water symbols. These work great and are really quite afordable. Wait time was way too long but well worth it.
"All the thoughts of a turtle are turtle." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#92 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:53 PM

So it looks like any closeup (non activated) picture will reveal whether it is a repro or legit.

Very true. That makes it super easy. :D

#93 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:08 AM

The admin over ther, Jennifer I believe, FINALLY got back to me. She said they had hired some new people and they screwed everything up then up and left, so they had a ton of backlog and cleanup to do. :D

This is a little comforting for any future purchases I may make at least.....

Oh yes, and my shipment of many, many starbursts has arrived! :w00t: Now today I will have a long-awaited Starburst Lion.....I hope he tastes goooooooood! :D

I do hope they do them in color someday!

grimey

#94 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:00 PM

All I can say is that it was worth the wait! :lol: I love the stickers! Check out SUNBURST LUNCHBOX LEO!

Posted Image

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 21 June 2006 - 07:00 PM.

I will never quit.

#95 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:03 PM

lookin' good there, Steve! That's a fine lion! :lol:

#96 notpicard

notpicard

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:15 AM

So where did everyone end up on the color rubs? I was looking at my brother's Battle Beasts tonight and he has a S3 color rub where the color-changing part has fallen off and under it is just a full color "water" decal. I suppose the way those are done is just with any design and then a heat-sensitive black to clear layer that blocks out what is underneath.

That should make it easy for Reprolabels to make any design someone comes up with. But am I correct in assuming that the repro BB rubs they have are just like the Transformers ones I got from them that are multi-colored (they get blue when warmest and fade through greens and tans until they look brown then fade to black)?

There was a mention that their autobot and decepticon rub stickers change to red and purple respectively. Mine don't do that. Does someone have ones that do? They would easily be able to do that if them made them like the BB S3 stickers, and I think that would be a worthwhile custom project.

I am still interested in a color sunburst rather than a repro one, if they would do it. With color, the moon idea should also be pretty easy. But what would that mean....any character who turns up with the moonburst symbol loses no matter what?

#97 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:31 AM

I am still interested in a color sunburst rather than a repro one, if they would do it. With color, the moon idea should also be pretty easy. But what would that mean....any character who turns up with the moonburst symbol loses no matter what?

Hahahaha....dude that had me laughing. :p
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com