#1 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 06:17 AM

Hi all,

Just starting out collecting Boglins again, got an itch after probably 20 years! Any one got any tips on where to buy them other than eBay and what's the best way to trade? Any other groups out there? Currently running at about 300 and have a good chunk of doubles to swap stuff with. 

Looking forward to being part of the Master Set hunts! 

Merry Christmas,

Matt

#2 HLIDS

HLIDS

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 06:23 AM

Hi Matt, you can swap/buy with some collectors. Me for example. I have doubles of 9/10 figs

#3 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:50 AM

Hi mate, good to see another Boglin collector. Do you collect other Boglins as well as the minis?

Just to let you know I did try & start some new threads on mini Boglins on here recently & trade/swaps but there wasnt much interest or feedback but hey new people new interest that's what it's all about.

I've got most of mine from Ebay, can usually pick up lots for reasonable prices. I usually pick out the ones I want & sell the rest back on there.

#4 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:16 AM

Hi Matt, you can swap/buy with some collectors. Me for example. I have doubles of 9/10 figs

Hi mate, good to see another Boglin collector. Do you collect other Boglins as well as the minis?

Just to let you know I did try & start some new threads on mini Boglins on here recently & trade/swaps but there wasnt much interest or feedback but hey new people new interest that's what it's all about.

I've got most of mine from Ebay, can usually pick up lots for reasonable prices. I usually pick out the ones I want & sell the rest back on there.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm primarily a Transformers collector but that's dried up some what and I've always had an itch for Boglins. I like having a 'background' line to collect, one that I can take a few years to go completist on.

Once I've got my first splurge catalogued and checked I'll whack up a photo of what I have spare and we'll see if we can't sort some stuff out! 

#5 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 02:09 AM

Cool, is it mainly the mini boglins your interested in then or the whole Boglins line like the puppets etc?

#6 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 03:41 AM

Cool, is it mainly the mini boglins your interested in then or the whole Boglins line like the puppets etc?

Defo only the minis. 

#7 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

Cool, 300 odd is a good size collection. Do you have all the sculpts?

#8 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:41 AM

Not yet. Missing a load of the Medievils, Prehistorics and Samuari as well as the slimes. Other than that I think I’m missing a complete Pang and a couple of the scouts.

#9 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:18 AM

Most of the sculpts seem to be easy to obtain on eBay uk for the most part with not too much of an expense but the slimes don’t seem to come up very often from what I have seen.
Some certain colours for some sculpts never seen to come up in uk though as I think different colours were more prominent in different countries which makes the whole master set thing a true monumental challenge!

Are you in UK?

Edited by SamuraiCC, 26 December 2019 - 03:58 PM.

#10 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:35 AM

I am indeed.

Cream seems to be the colour I'm seeing the least of, even though all the S3 seems to be in short supply. 

#11 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:27 PM

Sometimes huge lots come up on ebay once in a while with lots of series 3 in them but they do reach higher prices usually.

Lots of specific series 2 & 3's you'll probably have to source from other parts of Europe.
I've heard italy, skandanavia, denmark & sweden come up.

The funny thing is we have certain colour sculpts here in uk that they dont have.
So it's not always what's rare, it's more what you can source (without getting ripped off).

Edited by SamuraiCC, 30 December 2019 - 06:28 PM.

#12 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 03:56 AM

Doesn't seem to be too many international listings on eBay at the moment. 

What are people's acceptable prices per boglin? I'm currently working on 50p-£1 for the majority and happy to spend a bit extra to get the series 3 stuff. Does anyone else's mind work like that? Lol. 

I'm keeping an eye on other toy lots as well in the hope of stumbling across the gold kelloggs ones.

#13 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:15 AM

Instagram seems to be the place where a lot of collectors make deals around Europe for the ones we dont get here but I'm yet to be on there.

I would say 25-50p each for the majority of series 1 & 2 commons, maybe £1 for a gold & £1 for series 3 commons.

Some of the less common series 3 I'd go higher maybe topping out at £5 for a Samurai & same for gitd scouts.

Slimes seem to be very rare here I'd pay quite a bit more for them & gold Kelloggs similar but how high is how much are you willing to spend really.

Pink & neon red chief krusha for example is one we dont get here (at least from what I've seen) but they get in Europe so i would go a bit higher for ones like these if they ever came up or if I had a good overseas contact but I wouldnt spend the earth.

#14 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:01 AM

Instagram? Guess I'll have to sign up for an account then lol 

Will post a list/pics up of trades once my last couple of bundles land. 

#15 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:46 AM

Yeah, there's quite a few mini boglin collectors on instagram from all round Europe I have been told & they use that platform to make contacts & trade.

Cool sounds good.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com