89 replies to this topic

#51 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

At 20 days and $3174 to go ($158.70 per day), I wonder if it's going to get funded. There is only one $100 pledge. They're going to need a lot of $10 to $25 backers seeing that is the bulk of the pledges. I hope it does get funded because I like a couple of the figures.

I wonder how much October Toys puts into it in the end for their own store stock. You figure all the pledges we see are for customers pre-ordering their own sets, t-shirts, and whatnot. If it was going to be close, could they just pick 1 or 2 of the exclusive backers to add to the kickstarer? I'm sure it will get funded.

As far as the UofM stuff, the yellow is my favorite of the S1 exclusives and the only color I'm really hoping to see repeated. And maybe the higher price and slow sellout works better for Veers than getting 50 orders a day. Whoever buys an exclusive can distribute it however they want. I would expect the exclusives from high traffic toy sites and a price point closer to $15 shipped to sell first though as long as the color looks good.

#52 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

I could definately echo some of the comments being made here about the upcoming (hopefully) series 2.
Not a big fan of some of the figures but still hope this series does see the light of day...

I think George did a great job with sculpting shirtle, cos before I saw the final piece I really disliked the design.
Really felt cliched to me, as well as a bit mish-mashed.
The pumpkin character doesn't do much for me, same with cuddlehard. The name makes me cringe.

Man I hope all the newbies who voted for series 2 come thru and actually pledge! Not to mention the uncle & aunties, cousins, the baker, etc.
Seems too easy for any one to just vote for the hell of it, and not follow thru and fund the project. I know 6 year olds who surf the net.

Groove machine, man you really are a bummer dude! Why so negative? No ones holding a gun to your head to buy them are they?

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#53 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

i agree with Metal Monkey on his whole post, yeah im not a fan of all the S2 sculpts, theres probably only the 1 that i do like but i have pledged for the sake of keeping the OMFG scene alive and as a collector i must have at least 1 of each sculpt, regardless of my likes/dislikes.

Posted Image

#54 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Man I hope all the newbies who voted for series 2 come thru and actually pledge! Not to mention the uncle & aunties, cousins, the baker, etc.
Seems too easy for any one to just vote for the hell of it, and not follow thru and fund the project. I know 6 year olds who surf the net.

That was what I was thinking if series 2 fails. They're going to have to do something about the voting method.

#55 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

The obvious factor is how OT removed the pledge a $1000 to get your exclusive color deal from the kickstarter. They still have that option but it's off kickstarter to save them money so i would think that's the major difference this time around. Had they not done that the goal would have probably been passed long before now.

The whole voting system should be overhauled. If they want it to be taken seriously at least.

I would suggest making a vote cost 5 bucks which if the figure you voted for wins goes straight into the price for your reserved set. If your figure loses you pay nothing.

Lets see how many people get all their friends and family voting when it requires an individual paypal address and a few bucks.

#56 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

I would suggest making a vote cost 5 bucks which if the figure you voted for wins goes straight into the price for your reserved set. If your figure loses you pay nothing.

Lets see how many people get all their friends and family voting when it requires an individual paypal address and a few bucks.

Good idea.

#57 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

I get the sentiment and agree that the vote was kind of screwy this time around. However, can you imagine trying to manage something like the above? And honestly, would you pay $5 to vote? I certainly wouldn't and I have a hard time believing anyone else would. :lol:

But your right, the vote last time around was seriously diluted. I think they have a good handle on things for Series 3 though.

#58 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

I think this has been exaggerated as a problem with the voting. The 5 that won for S2 were all popular designs in the submission thread and were the top vote getters by a large margin. The one guy that was obviously campaigning for votes still couldn't even get 30 votes for his "best" design.

The difference with S2 is definitely the exclusive color option. S1 wouldn't have hit $12K without $4,000 from exclusives and somebody did the $500 pledge. They still have 20 days to get a little over $3K for S2. I think they will hit the goal pretty easily.

#59 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

If you took the $1k option out of the S1 pledge, it still funded. Although it was those large chunks that spurred on the excitement and helped it hit goal so quickly.

#60 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

i think this toyline has got popular GLOBALY beyond everyones expectations, my guesses is that it'll hit its goal easily,

and if it dont, then i'll sell my S1 collection :lol:

but it will :unsure:

Edited by bizrebellion, 17 July 2012 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image

#61 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

If you took the $1k option out of the S1 pledge, it still funded. Although it was those large chunks that spurred on the excitement and helped it hit goal so quickly.

I'm pretty certain the removal of the 1k option hurt the excitement for s2.
Has anyone heard what would happen if the official ks isn't hit?
I'm fairly certain that s2 would have it its mark by now with the 1k pledges.
Maybe they should have gathered the last 1k pledgers, got a few commitments and then set their ks target.
The ks target is the same as s1 except there won't be any big pledges.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#62 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

it has to come down to series 2 having weak sculpts this time around, with series 1, how many people talk about only liking a couple or not liking a couple. you might hear it here and there, but really series 1 was all around strong. Now with series 2, how many people talk about only like certain sculpts, or hating certain sculpts. Me included, I've heard it a lot. I wouldn't pay $1k for a color way when there is so much talk of people only liking a few sculpts. Seems like it would be a huge gamble to put so much into something when there isn't a clear positive census about them.

#63 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

Your bad color, bad attitude, and high price might not be able to fly in a sea of even more offerings.

Stay in school.

#64 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

it has to come down to series 2 having weak sculpts this time around, with series 1, how many people talk about only liking a couple or not liking a couple. you might hear it here and there, but really series 1 was all around strong. Now with series 2, how many people talk about only like certain sculpts, or hating certain sculpts. Me included, I've heard it a lot. I wouldn't pay $1k for a color way when there is so much talk of people only liking a few sculpts. Seems like it would be a huge gamble to put so much into something when there isn't a clear positive census about them.

I would not be shocked at all to see 2 or even 3 AP figures not do well at all. While one specific figure becomes the most sought after out of the entire omfg library.

It's not even fair, take the coolest figure and make it a two piece so you can mix and match colors. That's game over.

I want a black/pink version myself and i couldn't care less about having any other guys from series 2.

#65 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

I know there are 2 sculpts in s1 that I find to be filler for the series.
And while I'm not a huge fan of all of the s2 figures the few I do like are worth the few bucks it takes to buy the set.

There are 340 backers of s2 so far and s1 had 425.
I don't think there is lack of liking the set but more of a bad set of situations revolving around the set.

1) the voting was a mess. A few guys went the entire voting period being morons and George didn't stop it.
2) I never saw s1 before the final sculpts were ready to go and KS was going. Would there have been more peeps saying they thought the line up is weak if they saw what was available to vote on? maybe?
3) SDCC and other toy drops in July are sucking up peoples money.
4) The fund raising time has been cut from 90days to 35days. I certain that several thousand dollars were raised in the last couple months.
5) Small donators expected to carry the line with no 1k backers.

FYI-if you take out the 4 1k backers of s1, funding squeeks through by less than 800.00 and the goal was only 11k, s2 is 12k. All things being equal, no 1k backers and 12k to raise for s1, it wouldn't have been funded.

Edited by PimpNugget, 17 July 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#66 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

I'm in the minority here of thinking all 5 designs are pretty cool and I don't think there is anything to complain about with the final sculpts. My complaint with the S1 sculpts would be that 3 of the 5 had their arms down at their sides. At least the S2 sculpts are more dynamic.

I still think the exclusive option for S2 is easy money if the cost is actually the $5/set that it appears to be. I think the only question is whether to price for a quicker sellout and double your money or a slower sellout and triple your money. The line is too popular to not sell 200 sets eventually if the price is reasonable and the color is cool.

PlasticSoul makes a good point about the AP figures. I think all 5 will be quick sellouts, but we'll see if one or two of them are obviously unpopular.

#67 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

I think Grimm Gourd AP will sell out really quickly, im going to buy them all and send them to Iron :lol:
Joking aside the Puke Knight is a very popular sculpt which will sell out very quickly, but to be honest someones got to like the rest otherwise they wouldnt have made the top 5.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#68 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

I think Grimm Gourd AP will sell out really quickly, im going to buy them all and send them to Iron :lol:
Joking aside the Puke Knight is a very popular sculpt which will sell out very quickly, but to be honest someones got to like the rest otherwise they wouldnt have made the top 5.

Ummm, I might be out of line here but I thought grim gourd was the stongest fig of the bunch.

#69 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Ive never seen it as a weak sculpt but for some reason he has alot of hate here, Id say Puke Knight was the strongest especially on this board. I dont visit October toys forum enough to judge what sculpts are popular over there.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#70 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Ummm, I might be out of line here but I thought grim gourd was the stongest fig of the bunch.

I'm going to send you a million angry PMs, talking about how full of shit you are.

:woot:

That juggalo pumpkin, stronger than Puke Knight? Are you kidding? That's malarky!

#71 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

It really all comes down to personal opinion.

I think all the figures are sculpted really well, just don't care for the design of several of them.

#72 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

It seemed to me like the characters that made it through for S2 were genuinely popular, maybe not here but at least among the October Toys crowd (which doesn't necessarily reflect my opinion on them, just what I observed). There could be something I'm just not aware of but I thought the ones that were getting questionable votes didn't even make it near the top.

So I don't know if it's necessarily because of a lack of excitement for the characters, but I wonder if there were a bunch of people backing S1 who weren't even that into collecting these kinds of toys and just did it for the novelty factor, and now the novelty has worn off so they don't really care enough to back S2. People are fickle.

Who knows. I'd be surprised if it didn't hit the goal though. It might be close, but I really think it'll make it.

Edited by fkro6784, 17 July 2012 - 04:49 PM.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#73 GasBash

GasBash

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

I hope it gets funded just because it's mor LRGs to add to the collection. Lol

#74 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast