Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What is your holy grail of toy collecting?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#51 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

hunts:
power lords bakatak
jayce and the wheeled warriors drill sergeant
to never run out of stuph i want.

finds:
starriors backfire
all 418 kinkeshi from the 29th anniversary set
complete bad eggz bunch collection courtesy of csmhoff
complete flesh set of muscles
complete plasma dragons collection

hell, all of my toys are my holy grail. i love them all. but with the time i've spent hunting for some of them (stupid backfire garbage face) they do hold a higher place in my heart.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#52 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

That's easy, the Nestle M.U.S.C.L.E. Quik Tin.

Interestingly, at least to me, I don't think I'll ever have another "Holy Grail." I have zero interest in ever starting another collection, and actually hope that I don't. I have all of the vintage SW guys and even if I started looking to get the unreleased Droids and Ewoks I'd be happy with very crappy customs.

Even the last ~30 MUSCLE figures I need aren't a big deal. If I get them, fine. If I don't get them, fine. At this point in my life, I really enjoy the leisurely hunt and having fun here – plus putting together stuff for the UofM site.

2003 Veers would take a huge shizznit on 2009 Veers.

#53 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

There's all sorts of toys I could still use, but as far as LRGs go, there's really one and only one grail - the dark purple MUSCLE #154, Ammonite.

To a far less degree, I still need a pink MIMP Cockatrice to accompany my orange one. I've got every other rare MIMP figure I really want, although a Leviathan and Amphisbaena would be cool eventually. But nothing else commands my attention as much as that one little purple wrestler, for sure.

#54 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:55 AM

There's all sorts of toys I could still use, but as far as LRGs go, there's really one and only one grail - the dark purple MUSCLE #154, Ammonite.

To a far less degree, I still need a pink MIMP Cockatrice to accompany my orange one. I've got every other rare MIMP figure I really want, although a Leviathan and Amphisbaena would be cool eventually. But nothing else commands my attention as much as that one little purple wrestler, for sure.

Favorite figure I own is SHA.

I do own a Purple 107 (available for trade), 10 pack can with green Claw (thanks Jkaris), and two, 4 packs sealed SC (one available for trade).

Holy Grail to me would be a Purple Claw and a one of a kind Super Rare.

Edited by vette88, 02 November 2009 - 05:00 AM.

#55 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

Similar to Veers, i think i am done with "holy grail" style collecting at this point. I'd like to get a Satan Cross at some point (but not for $40), and i'd like to get the last few Battle Beast weapons i need...other than that i have not been thinking about it too much.

Probably just a lot of casual color MUSCLE and MIMP trades and purchases in my future for a while. :sweat:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#56 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

The Holy Grail gots to be the entire Laser Beasts collection and the entire Kinnikuman 1991 series. The other aspects of those sets are all obtainable with a single purchase because they would run you a few hundred. But not the above series they would run you in the few thousands. I got 1 out of the 2 myself.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#57 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

"I told 'im we already got one."

Posted Image

#58 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:15 AM

I knew we already got one (thread, that is)

My Grail hasn't changed, though. Resaurus Orgg figure (mint in box, or otherwise).
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#59 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

A full set of (original) Bad Eggz. Oh, and every Gormiti ever released :sweat:
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#60 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:27 AM

I guess my next big dream, toy-wise, would be to open up a toy museum that has an associated toy shop to help revenues. For me, that would be awesome.

Dude, you stole my idea! :D

However, I only plan for my toys to become museumpieces once I'm dead and gone... B)

Oh, and visiting the museum should be completely free,

but the awesome associated toy shop of course wouldn't be.

PS to all you sickos here, I don't consider toys holy :D

PPS it would be cool though to get a complete complete complete set of all things battle/laserbeasts

EVER produced, INcluding ALL the GREAT customwork! :sweat: 

Edited by Donkeykid77, 02 November 2009 - 07:31 AM.

Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#61 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

Ever since i started collecting GPK's i wanted a Series 2 Cheap Toy Eerie Eric and now i finally got him. :D

Posted Image

Edited by Ericnilla, 16 December 2011 - 08:20 PM.

#62 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

For me, the "Holy Grail" is less of one piece, but more of collecting all of the crap that I loved when I was a kid. I have already tracked down a bunch of it...

And to be perfectly honest, I have a large cigar box, holding my small horde of Hulk mini figures. I've got a small stash of Red Hulk figures from both HoH and the new Heroics line, but honestly, I'd like to fill that box with Red Hulks.

The final piece of my "Holy Grail" is to have a complete set of my own pieces (I've been working on a project for quite some time; When it is respectable enough, I'll share it with you guys), cast in hard rubber or plastic. Even better, if I can get those toys into many other households as well.

#63 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

Took care of my Cockatrice need a long time ago... by selling my orange one, hah. But this...

Someday. :wallbash:

#64 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

For me, the "Holy Grail" is less of one piece, but more of collecting all of the crap that I loved when I was a kid. I have already tracked down a bunch of it...

I'm going that route with the golf gift certificate I won. Regular Nintendo with 99 lives on Contra, many other games, and Game Genie will be mine soon one way or another.

#65 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

I'm yet to get it through the post but possibly the Orange Ganesha as of yet anyways but I'd love a GITD version if anybody could make one up
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection
http://www.littlerub...=0

#66 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

I knew we already got one (thread, that is)

My Grail hasn't changed, though. Resaurus Orgg figure (mint in box, or otherwise).

Merged. :)

#67 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

my holy grail would be one of the 6 rare european battle chargers moc in a french "les dragonautes" blister.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#68 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

Here's my GPK Cheap Toy " Grail", I didn't think I'd be able to get my hands on one...

Series 2, Sunshine Yellow, Distorted Dot

Attached File  IMG_0576.JPG   116.43K   17 downloads Attached File  IMG_0577.JPG   116.85K   15 downloads

#69 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

my holy grail has changed several times from custom BBs, to my prototype Tidal Wave from armada, to my stores. The future holy grail would have to be an original petty page poster, or the very first wood-boxed D&D core books published by Gygax himself.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com