Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

How much for individual Series 3 figures?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 estes95

estes95

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Kinnikuman, MIMP, Mini Boglins, SLUG Zombies, Neclos Fortress, Fistful of Power, and more!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

Hey guys, can any of you give me an idea of what the Series 3 figures usually go for individually? Thanks!

#2 mandusa

mandusa

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

Hey Guys.

Could I ask, were the series 3 figures available in both hard plastic, and the normal "bendable" plastic.

I have heard some collectors mention that the harder plastic is rarer? Is this true?...and does the fact that the figure is hard or soft determine if the figure was from Shreddies cereal or Big Boys restaurant?

I have just acquired my first series 3 figure, pink, in a hard plastic, and am just curious.

I'd be grateful for any advice - Thanks.

#3 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

I've actually been keeping track of series 3 single sales at the moment, as I have only recently decided I want to (try) to collect them. Between 3/02 and 6/04 of this year I recorded 34 sales with a mean price of $42.06 (although this mean doesn't include a sealed MIMP Nintendo game w/ Blemmyea [$138.05] or a green Centaur still sealed in the original package [$102.37]). The range spanned from $29.17 for a pink Anubis up to $81.59 for a purple Amphisbaena. In practice, there really aren't any obvious trends in the amount paid for particular sculpts/colours, although I suspect that purple and yellow figures will generally go for a higher price than the other colours.

#4 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

I believe that Pink Anubis is Mine :no: I paid around $29 for it about a month ago, and I don't remember seeing any others on E-bay recently :D

/me does the "got the Cheapest series 3 MIMP dance"!!!
Posted Image

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

No you didn't. :no:

#6 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

Damn you! **Shakes fist**
Posted Image

#7 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

Man, I just picked up an orange Jimmy Squarefoot for $26.12! That is the cheapest series three figure I've seen for ages and it's a favourite sculpt+colour too. I'm pretty stoked - which is funny because I've just payed about $50 (in colonial money) for a small, old Canadian plastic toy.

edit: Oh, yeah and the funny thing was that an orange Centaur from the same seller went for $41! The Jimmy Squarefoot is infinitely cooler than that crappy Centaur... there's really no accounting for taste.

Edited by jack cambrian, 17 April 2009 - 11:23 PM.

#8 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

So i just got a Centaur (i guess it's "magenta" although i'd call it hot pink), for free. Take that, cheapest series 3 figure records! :)

Individually acquired too, wasn't even hidden in a lot or anything.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#9 overshadow

overshadow

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

well deciding to look up some old stuff I have lying around I see my 25 figures of the Trash Bag Bunch aren't worth too much but then I look up my Monster in my Pocket and find this place...turns out I have 7 of the Series 3 figures that came in Shreddies (my dad has a bunch more somewhere as he was the one that ate the cereal and probably has all 8). Just kinda wondering of a rough ballpark what this might be worth as I am very curious now:
Posted Image
73. Leviathan (orange)
74. Abominable Snowman (magenta)
75. Anubis (blue)
76. Amphisbaena (green)
77. Centaur (green)
78. Orobas (magenta)
80. Jimmy Squarefoot (green)

Anubis has those 3 black spots on him, I believe it might be ink or is that paint worn off and they're black under?

Edited by overshadow, 10 July 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#10 LaRata

LaRata

Skaven Painter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:WARHAMMER !!!, BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU, MIMP, STAR WARS , SAINT SEIYA , AND ALL TIME BEST BASS PLAYERS IN THE WORLD !!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

well deciding to look up some old stuff I have lying around I see my 25 figures of the Trash Bag Bunch aren't worth too much but then I look up my Monster in my Pocket and find this place...turns out I have 7 of the Series 3 figures that came in Shreddies (my dad has a bunch more somewhere as he was the one that ate the cereal and probably has all 8). Just kinda wondering of a rough ballpark what this might be worth as I am very curious now:
Posted Image
73. Leviathan (orange)
74. Abominable Snowman (magenta)
75. Anubis (blue)
76. Amphisbaena (green)
77. Centaur (green)
78. Orobas (magenta)
80. Jimmy Squarefoot (green)

Anubis has those 3 black spots on him, I believe it might be ink or is that paint worn off and they're black under?

Hello man I offer $40 for you anubis :p
GW RLZ !!!!

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:58 AM

Original MIMP figures are molded in their color, not painted, so it's ink or something else that's stained the figure. Hopefully it's removable though!

If I wasn't in the market to sell, I'd be begging for that Leviathan. Probably my favorite of any kind of LRG that I don't own.

#12 overshadow

overshadow

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

Hello man I offer $40 for you anubis :p

send me a PM as I know this isn't the place to list things and when I decide what I will try and fetch for these I'll get in contact with you B)

it's ink or something else that's stained the figure. Hopefully it's removable though!

Thanks for the info, I had a feeling it was ink. just tried to remove it and it comes off pretty easy :D

Edited by overshadow, 11 July 2009 - 01:29 PM.

#13 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

I was looking around MIMP stuff on ebay and it's really hard to gauge the market right now. If someone were to decide to sell a series 3 MIMP in the near future, do you think it'd do better on ebay or on the board?

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's a pink Centaur. For the record.

Edited by Scumdogg, 21 August 2009 - 09:42 AM.

A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#14 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

Odds are you'll get a higher price on eBay. Of course, then you have to deal with non-paying bidders, eBay fees, PayPal fees, and it doesn't help out someone here.

So, I think, you're better off trying to unload it here first. If you don't get a taker at the price you want, then send it off to eBay. :unsure:

#15 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:00 AM

Odds are you'll get a higher price on eBay. Of course, then you have to deal with non-paying bidders, eBay fees, PayPal fees, and it doesn't help out someone here.

So, I think, you're better off trying to unload it here first. If you don't get a taker at the price you want, then send it off to eBay. :unsure:

That's kind of what i was thinking. I have paid ebay so much money this year already. SO much. Same for PayPal.

But unfortunately i am back on the job market right now and kind of need to maximize my cash.

I'll probably put it up here first though if there's any real interest. Or anyone that might be willing to work via check or money order. Hate PayPal so much right now.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#16 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:16 PM

That's kind of what i was thinking. I have paid ebay so much money this year already. SO much. Same for PayPal.

But unfortunately i am back on the job market right now and kind of need to maximize my cash.

I'll probably put it up here first though if there's any real interest. Or anyone that might be willing to work via check or money order. Hate PayPal so much right now.

Yeah, put the word out to see if there's interest here, but - although I may be proved wrong on this - I think that the Centaur is not a very popular sculpt with the collectors who frequent this board. Whereas on the eBay, people have no taste whatsoever and snap up S3 figs irrespective of the sculpt/colour. Try your luck here, but I get the feeling you'll probably get a slightly better price on the eBay.

#17 Siren

Siren

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

Hi I am a new member and I was wondering I anyone could tell me how often the series 3 figures come up on ebay? I have been watching for a few months and they seem to come up fairly often. Also are they often listed from countries other than Canada? The postal system between Canada and Australia where I live is really slow so I would rather buy them from the US so I don't have to wait months for them to arrive.

#18 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

Pretty much you'll mostly find them being sold from Canada, unless they're the more-expensive and rarer Big Boy variety made from hard plastic, or a collector happens to be selling some at the time. One in particular, Blemmyea, should appear from different areas more frequently, though at the same time it's rarer because it was bundled with the related NES game.

Also is it me or does nobody really seem to want magenta Amphisbaena? It seems like it's the lowest-price-fetching one of the entire lot.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com