• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

Hi all, just wanted to drop by and ask any of you hardcore boglin collectors out there about how many different colours of sculpt were in the first series. I also want to know if each tribe was packaged together or if it was a mix of tribes. Here's an example of one. I won this set for a reduced price last week on eBay UK: https://www.ebay.co....872.m2749.l2649

Firstly, I'd like to point out that I am aware there's six tribes even though there's only enough room for just four to be featured in the artwork on the back of a small box. Secondly, the two new tribes that were added later on (Army Guys & Rude Dudes), were they to coincide with Series 1 or Series 2?

Another thing I noticed about the artwork is that it only shows six different colours of figures when in reality there's so many more. I'll admit, I much prefer the purples & oranges compared to the darker and more muddier looking greys & browns etc. Is any sculpt/colour from this series particularly rarer or harder to find than another?

Lastly, the price of Mini Boglins. What's usually a good bargain for a set like the one mentioned above? I reckon I did alright with this box considering it's free P&P. That works out at £3 per figure. I know there are 10 and 20, packs that will most likely fetch a lot more. Heck, even saw some single packs that a different UK seller listed at a tenner each!! :blink: I asked them if they'd accept an offer of a lesser price but wouldn't budge.

I'm guessing they were all packaged completely randomly but I want to be absolutely certain before opening and finding out for myself.

As always any light shed on such subjects will be greatly appreciated fellow LRG members! :D

Ta,

"Ant"

#2 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:18 AM

Hey Ant!

Tribes were mixed to begin with. In later years you could buy blister packs of specific tribes. 

If it's a sealed cardboard box they are random, and I would say not really worth any money at all. 

The blister packs have a value as they are rarer and look cool unopened. 

There's a lot of discussions on this forum about the different colors and when they were released.

But basically there were 6 original colours, the murky ones, (plus silver and gold and purple/green GID) then an updated brighter 6 colours were introduced in 1992, along with neons. 

The best place in the world to see all of the options is on the sacred website of Aikola:

https://miniboglinar...p.com/index.htm

As for rarity, I would say that none of the original sculpts are rare in any colour. 

Chief Krusha is rare in some of neon colours though. 

There are also very common Kelloggs premiums from 1994... no rare colours there except the gold painted ones which don't come up very often. 

Also in 1994 the Medievels, Prehistorics and Samurai were made, in the newer brighter colours. 

I find these three tribes rarer to find, and people say that Samurai are the rarest of these tribes. 

Rarer than that are the Slime tribe. They came in blue or yellow... although a few very very very rare examples have been found in orange and pink (if you find any please send them to me  :D  :D  :D)

Price is up to you really... if you are into sealed toys then I guess you'd pay more, but apart from any of the rarer ones I've mentioned no mini boglin is worth more than about 25p. 

Hope this stuff helps

Paddy 

Edited by Toytoad, 27 March 2018 - 04:19 AM.

#3 Eclipse86

Eclipse86

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins / MIMP

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:31 AM

If I were you I'd keep it sealed, as that was really what you paid the premium for.

Whats inside can easily be had in loose lots for much cheaper.

Paddy has outlined everything pretty much in terms of rarities and colours.

Also, Is there a photo out there of an orange Slime?!

#4 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:44 AM

Hi guys, cheers for your input on this topic. Went on YouTube earlier today to watch collector's open those sealed single Boglin packs from Italy and they were from first series. Also the leaflets and cards inside were all written in Italian. So it's safe to say I won't be wasting my money on those!  ^_^ 

I've actually seen pics of rare coloured slime ones on old posts from this site. I'm sure Stronty still has his Orange Splutter and another member has a Pink Splash too (dunno who that is though). Had no idea the first batch fetched so little money. I know the Disgustings Tribe were a later addition (got them confused with the Rude Dudes for some reason in my post earlier) Sorry, that was a noob mistake if you ever saw one!  :rolleyes:

#5 Eclipse86

Eclipse86

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:54 AM

another member has a Pink Splash too (dunno who that is though).   :rolleyes:

Gent above my comment does :)

#6 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

Gent above my comment does :)

Oh yeah! How the hell did I miss that??  :wacko:

You have many other rarities in the Boglin world Toytoad? I'd like to own all the slime figures including the skull. That's an item practically never seen on eBay still in it's blister pack.

#7 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:10 AM

Oh yeah! How the hell did I miss that??  :wacko:

You have many other rarities in the Boglin world Toytoad? I'd like to own all the slime figures including the skull. That's an item practically never seen on eBay still in it's blister pack.

Yes I have a pink splash which I found be extreme luck. I would love the others but those that have them naturally keep hold of them.. so the only change is to find one 'in the wild'.... the search continues! I

Otherwise I have every single mini-boglin sculpt (but not in every colour, not  my thing!) and some but not all of the gold Kellogg's... I also have one unopened gold Kelloggs which pleases me. A rare find! 

I forgot to mention in my first response that there are also slightly larger Arco made "mini-boglins". These are pretty cool and also fairly rare... 

#8 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:02 AM

Yes I have a pink splash which I found be extreme luck. I would love the others but those that have them naturally keep hold of them.. so the only change is to find one 'in the wild'.... the search continues! I

Otherwise I have every single mini-boglin sculpt (but not in every colour, not  my thing!) and some but not all of the gold Kellogg's... I also have one unopened gold Kelloggs which pleases me. A rare find! 

I forgot to mention in my first response that there are also slightly larger Arco made "mini-boglins". These are pretty cool and also fairly rare... 

Arco made boglins you say? Never seen or heard of those before. I'll have to check those out sometime. Do they tend to fetch more than standard mini's?

#9 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:40 AM

Arco made boglins you say? Never seen or heard of those before. I'll have to check those out sometime. Do they tend to fetch more than standard mini's?

Yes a lot more. I'm going to make a thread about them soon just waiting for something to arrive in the mail 

#10 Eclipse86

Eclipse86

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:38 AM

Yes a lot more. I'm going to make a thread about them soon just waiting for something to arrive in the mail 

Nice! Look forward to it.

#11 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:55 PM

Nice! Look forward to it.

Yeah me too Toytoad. Always like learning about newly discovered stuff on one of my many fave childhood toy lines.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Series 1

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com