Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Official Gormiti US release date: Spring 2009!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#26 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Wooo!

The USA site is up! Sadly it's not very good.

But it's got a LOT of sound and animation and is rather slow as a result (for me anyway!)

The Product guide only lists the Engergheia figures, no mention of the Final Evolution repaints. Also, it doesn't outline what categories of product are available.

The "secret code" entry area is not cleary indicated and is on the downloads page. And the codes don't currently work.

And according to the FAQ we have this info:

1. The plan is to release Series 2 and Atomic in the US, later in 09 (dependent on sales of series 1, I assume)

2. The Murena Den is the only playset mentioned as being available in the US. (Odd that they would release it and not the Peak of the Eagle as well, I suppose we'll know for sure when the sets hit).

3. Apparently the codes unlock extra wallpapers.

According to the site, Gormiti is available at the following retailers: Playmates (?), Target, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart.

All in all I'd say the site is a bit unwieldy but very pretty!

I hope Gormiti does well in the US!

Spy

#27 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:42 AM

i saw these for the first time myself at target this weekend. i've never paid much attention to these before, but they caught my eye and i couldn't believe how much of a battle beast rip off they seemed!

i had to struggle not to buy any :lol:

#28 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

We got our first Gormiti today at Target here in Plano, TX. They were on sidecap in the toy section. It was mostly already cleared out but we bought all 7 sets that were left.

Attached File  gormiti.jpg   442.68K   37 downloads

Gonna definintely be looking for more of these >-<

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#29 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:44 AM

Wow!

Some of these sculpts are different from the Uk sculpts. Well the sculpts are not different, just the glow in the dark and that sort of thing.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#30 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

http://www.littlerub...showtopic=25652

#31 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

Now i am confused ;)

To me, it looks as if we in the UK got the Italian Energheia series whereas in the US you have a combonation of Energheia and the 2nd part of the Italian Final Evolution which was basically repaints of the Energheia series.

What i would like to know is whether in the US you will have all the figures in Final Evolution form AND all the firgures in Energheia form or whether you will just have some from one series and some from the other, you know what i am saying?

If not, check out Matthews Gormiti section in Toypedia and see if you can follow where i am coming from.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#32 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

Man, I'm looking, but I'm not finding any!

#33 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

My buddy called me and said he was finding them at the Targets in Denver
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#34 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:54 AM

Well, the Targets around here are starting to redo their aisles, but I don't see a spot where they will put them. :angry:

#35 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:46 AM

Well, the Targets around here are starting to redo their aisles, but I don't see a spot where they will put them. ;)

You have to look at bit for the Gormiti. The first ones that I found were in the main action figure isle of the toy section. But I just went to Target yesterday, and they were at the end of a random toy isle that was a couple isles down from the action figures. They seem to be in just random sections of the toy section. Maybe that is how Target is going to have them until they reset their isles from the christmas rush.

Eric

#36 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:49 AM

If they are in Denver hopefully they are in Utah. I will now make it a point to to stop by target this week. ;)

#37 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

Now i am confused ;)

To me, it looks as if we in the UK got the Italian Energheia series whereas in the US you have a combonation of Energheia and the 2nd part of the Italian Final Evolution which was basically repaints of the Energheia series.

What i would like to know is whether in the US you will have all the figures in Final Evolution form AND all the firgures in Energheia form or whether you will just have some from one series and some from the other, you know what i am saying?

If not, check out Matthews Gormiti section in Toypedia and see if you can follow where i am coming from.

From what I can tell so far, having seen the US 2 packs, 4 packs and Starter Sets now at Target stores, this is the situation for the US.

Starter Set: Includes a full set of the Volcano Tribe - Lava (exclusive to the starter) in Energheia colors.

4 Packs: Energheia sculpts/colors, including Lords.

2 packs: 1 Energheia figure and 1 Final Evolution Energheia repaint minus special paint effects and including only US version Energheia cards.

As far as I've seen, the checklists, packaging and website indicate that only Energheia sculpts are available in the US, with Final Evolution repaints available in the 2 packs, but not acknowledged anywhere.

Spy

#38 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

If they are in Denver hopefully they are in Utah. I will now make it a point to to stop by target this week. B)

They're Here!!!! :D They're Here!!! :starwars:
:yahoo:
Does anyone know if they are here to stay? I did not have enough$$$ to buy more than one at the time. But do not want to miss my chance to get a full carded set. Unfortunately alot of the packages I seen had damage. I will be on the hunt for clean packages. Has anyone heard anything at Toys r us?

Edited by Philly, 08 January 2009 - 06:48 PM.

#39 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

i'll swing by the layton toys r us and target after work tomorrow philly. maybe i'll find some non-beat down packages.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#40 War Weasel

War Weasel

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

I found the two-packs at my two local Targets (FL) right after Christmas. That took me by surprise! No four-packs or starters, though.

Noone has brought up the point that the (I believe fifteen) distinct two-packs only contain half of series one (minus the stater-only lava tribe, minus lords equals fifteen, with three from each tribe/people x2 variants). Are the other fifteen in the four packs?

#41 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

i'll swing by the layton toys r us and target after work tomorrow philly. maybe i'll find some non-beat down packages.

Let me know what you find. I will be Target stoppin until I find some clean ones.

#42 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

nothing at the toys r us. layton's target was jam packed with gormiti though. not only were the packs in great condition they also seemed to have a ton. they only had a few of the 5 figure packs that come with the cards, dvd, some stupid little booklet and i think something else. only had people of the volcano in those. they had several of the fourpacks and tons of the two packs. again, every package i saw was in great shape. they were next to the ben 10 toys, and then on another aisle they had some more two packs on the end.

#43 nickdeth

nickdeth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests: Kinnikuman ,Battle beasts ,anime ,manga,Godzilla,Ultraman,Gamera,Fist of the North Star,Robots and much more

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

Got off work early so i went 2 target they must have just put the gormiti out 2packs,4packs,and 5 packs with some of the volcano tribe -lava figs these are only in the 5 packs,
[URL=http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/?action=view&current=DSC04473-1.jpg][IMG]http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/th_DSC04473-1.jpg[/IMG[/URL]

#44 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

Ive picked up about 8 of the two packs so far many with the final evolution water people sculpts. I have only bought one of the 4 packs with Gheos. All the 4-packs have dented blisters and they are scratched really bad. I have been to 3 Targets so far and it is the sam everywhere. 4-packs dented and scratched badly. I am just glad they are here. Can not wait for the playsets. :lol:

#45 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

If there are only 15 distinct 2-packs, then we're maxxed out till the bigger sets start showing up here.... :lol:
Posted Image

#46 War Weasel

War Weasel

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:33 PM

I believe fifteen. They are numbered on the vac-formed tray the figures rest in, right behind the title card. I don't know if the other half of series is found in the four-packs. I have yet to see anything but the two-packs.

I am afraid to pick up any more 2's for fear the 4's, which have lords in them, will have redundant 2-pack figures. Noone has yet said which ones are in the fours. Anyone?

#47 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:44 PM

Alright, since the official site is no help, I had to scour the couple of pictures in this thread to try and figure out how these figures are distributed. If the 15 number being thrown around is accurate, six of them aren't in this thread yet.
  • Tongs (E) and Earthshaker (FE)
  • Mole (E) and Solitary Eagle (FE)
  • Mimic (FE) and Goad (E)
  • Spider (E) and Thug (FE)
  • Steelback (FE) and Steelbeak (E)
  • Hammer (E) and Steelbeak (FE)
  • Hammer (FE) and Earthshaker (E)
  • Whip (E) and Tongs (FE)
  • Mimic (E) and Mole (FE)
E indicates Energheia, the standard versions. FE indicates the Final Evolution recolors. Since the two-packs cover both versions, half the missing figures must be:

Solitary Eagle (E)
Goad (FE)
Spider (FE)
Thug (E)
Steelback (E)
Whip (FE)

The remaining six would consist of three more Energheia/UK S.1 figures plus their corresponding FE recolors, which I can't guess at just yet. I don't see any rhyme or reason for the selection of characters at the moment. Card point values maybe?

Because the Lava Tribe is only in the Starter, that leaves the four-packs, which include a Lord and three other figures, for a total of five sets and 20 figures. 7 (starter) + 20 (4-pack) + 15 (2-pack) = 42 (set)... and only 15 Final Evolution recolors? That strikes me as being rather odd, unless future versions of the starters and four-packs swap the originals for the recolors, or they end up being exclusive to playsets or some other merchandise, which isn't unheard of (kinda like the metallic figures).

I really, really want to get to a Target to hopefully find and pick these up. Buying Gormiti from a store in the US is just too exciting to pass up! Besides, the last time I tried to get someone to pick them up for me during the test market release failed miserably.

Edited by Boaconda, 10 January 2009 - 06:47 PM.

#48 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

i only quickly glanced at the 4-packs, mainly to check the packaging condition, because i was in a hurry. but i do remember gheos in one and polypus/poivrons in another. other than that, i couldn't say. maybe if i'm feeling better tomorrow i'll make another trip and see what i can find.

#49 War Weasel

War Weasel

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

The packs that I have are:
1. Earthshaker & Fiery Hammer FE
2. ?
3. Steelback & Lethal Whip FE
4. Tongs & Earthshaker FE
5. Crabs & Spider FE
6. Hammer & Goad FE
7. ?
8. ?
9. Hemlock/Thug & Screaming Guardian FE
10. ?
11. Goad & Mimic FE
12. ?
13. ?
14. Spider & Hemlock/Thug FE
15. ?

That's three of six (not counting the lords) from five tribes (not counting Lava) equaling fifteen, times two for two variants each, divided by two per pack, equals fifteen packs evenly.

#50 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

• Fiery Hammer (FE) and Earthshaker
  • Whip (FE) and Steelback
  • Tongs and Earthshaker (FE)
  • Crabs and Spider (FE)
  • Hammer and Goad (FE)
  • Mole and Solitary Eagle (FE)
  • Steelback (FE) and Steelbeak
  • Thug and Guardian (FE)
  • Fiery Hammer and Steelbeak (FE)
  • Mimic (FE) and Goad
  • Whip and Tongs (FE)
  • Mimic and Mole (FE)
  • Spider and Thug (FE)
Not in numeric order, aside from your additions. That leaves:

Solitary Eagle (E)
Screaming Guardian (E)
Hammer (FE)
Crabs (FE)

Which of course is not implausible and fits the missing two spots. That also means the following characters don't appear in the two-packs and thus must be in the four-packs.

Blind Fury
Gravitus
Hideoutfinder
Wise Destroyer
Florus the Poisoner
Branchtearer
Ancient Jellyfish
Mantra
Delos
Magic Lookout
Severe Guardian
Alos
Electricon
Thoughtcatcher
Insecticus

Now, do the four-packs come with figures that correspond to the included Lord, or do they mix it up?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com