#1 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:08 PM

So who would win? Which is better?
Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#2 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:03 AM

Battle Beasts of course
Posted Image

#3 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

Battle Beasts of course

Battle Beasts would lose against an army of CLAWS!!!

If Battle Beasts had to face an army of Chuck Norris M.U.S.C.L.E. Men, they would surely lose.

Edited by vette88, 01 December 2009 - 08:12 AM.

#4 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:30 AM

Battle Beast would stomp a mud hole on Muscles. Lets not even bring in the heavy hitting Laser Beast , let alone Skull Grotess, and see what
he would do. Muscles are simply out gunned, it would be a St. Valentines Day Massacre .......
Venom :) :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by mr.venom, 01 December 2009 - 09:52 AM.

#5 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:12 AM

Has anyone ever raised this question before? This is a very good topic. Let me first say Battle Beasts would win for several reasons:
1. The sculpts are animal beasts in armor which in itself is cooler than pink men in their underwear. :unsure:
2. The arms move.
3. BB's have weapons.
4. There is a game associated with BB and their rubsigns.
5. They are painted sculpts.
6. More difficult to collect.
7. The line has more items to seek after.(Drills, Shields, SD BB, Greek, Gumball, LB, Vehicles, Playsets)
8. Look cooler when displayed :)
9. Hold more value (Unless you count SR scams)
10. More durable.

M.U.S.C.L.E.S.

1. Cheaper to collect
2. More sculpts
3. ????

Any other reasons muscle would win M.U.S.C.L.E HEADS? :unsure:

#6 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

Battle Beast kick a$$,,,,,,

Where are the Muscle defenders????

Pink men in their underwear :) :unsure: :unsure:

#7 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:06 AM

Has anyone ever raised this question before? This is a very good topic. Let me first say Battle Beasts would win for several reasons:
1. The sculpts are animal beasts in armor which in itself is cooler than pink men in their underwear. ;)
2. The arms move.
3. BB's have weapons.
4. There is a game associated with BB and their rubsigns.
5. They are painted sculpts.
6. More difficult to collect.
7. The line has more items to seek after.(Drills, Shields, SD BB, Greek, Gumball, LB, Vehicles, Playsets)
8. Look cooler when displayed :good:
10. More durable.

M.U.S.C.L.E.S.

1. Cheaper to collect
2. More sculpts
3. ????

Any other reasons muscle would win M.U.S.C.L.E HEADS? :KS:

Haha, I don't think anyone has brought this up before so as not to offend the muscle heads, but I love your reasons. They would pretty much have to agree with you.
Posted Image

#8 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:17 AM

Booooooooooooooo :good:

#9 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:17 AM

Maybe we should post a link in the M.U.S.C.L.E. Section? I'll get on it :good:

#10 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:21 AM

Maybe we should post a link in the M.U.S.C.L.E. Section? I'll get on it ;)

There is no way this guy can be stopped!!! :good:

**I saw where you have it linked. Hilarious!!!

Edited by vette88, 01 December 2009 - 10:22 AM.

#11 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

All the Muscle heads are probably asleep.....

#12 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:34 AM

Muscle > BB all the way. I dont even own one BB because they are crap!!! BB are too cartoonie looking, poorly painted, poorly sculpted pieces of garbage. They arent worth the plastic they are made out of. If I happened to come across one, I would melt it and make a custom muscle out of it so that I could actually enjoy the toy.

*disclaimer* I'm half kidding, dont want to turn this into a fight. But I do agree muscle > BB any day of the week.

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:38 AM

Battle Beasts are intelligent animalswith no power, but plenty of technology.
MUSCLEs are seigi chojin (good super heroes) with plenty of super powers and near infinite invulnerability.
MUSCLEs win everytime.

It's like matching up Superman and Optimus Prime. Prime would be scrap metal. :good:

#14 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

All the Muscle heads are probably asleep.....

You don't want to go there!

There is strength in numbers. The thing with M.U.S.C.L.E.s are they are constantly in a civil war between the flesh vs colors. Throw in a few mysterious sculpts with undefined roots, ten gimmicks and thats it. The simplicity of the figures make the one who collects or plays with them a smarter and more charismac personality. The BBs are just another toyline in the neverending cycle of figures with no pow WOW from there generation. M.U.S.C.L.E.s for a time were the king of the hill. Today the hill belongs to things like DS and stuff. Back then even the NES took a back seat to M.U.S.C.L.E. for a very short time!

P.S. Not for nothing, I don't even think a battle beast has made it to the ring yet! Yeah sure they all tuff with their lasers and explosives, but then Transformers are the best so neither would matter.

Oh and M.U.S.C.L.E.s have girlfriends unlike the Battle Beasts.

LOL I may have entered info that could be proven wrong, but then again I don't visit topics on these so called Battle Beasts!

MUSCLEHEAD TILL THE END!
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

#15 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:48 AM

1. The sculpts are animal beasts in armor which in itself is cooler than pink men in their underwear. ;) There are several very fun sculpts other than the undie ones
2. The arms move.
3. BB's have weapons. Quite a few muscles have weapons too
4. There is a game associated with BB and their rubsigns. muscle has a few games (muscle match, battle belt, the ring, plus dozens of japanese games
5. They are painted sculpts. BB paints are lame, often the colors are gay, poorly applicated, or half assed. The only cool painted BB's I have seen are customs, which custom painted muscles are far superior due to the detail of the muscle sculpts themselves.
6. More difficult to collect. this is a good thing? i think thats a pain in teh ass
7. The line has more items to seek after.(Drills, Shields, SD BB, Greek, Gumball, LB, Vehicles, Playsets) muscle has quite a few accessories as well, already mentioned some
8. Look cooler when displayed :good: matter of opinion, and I think you are wrong hahaha
10. More durable. are you serious? Unless melted muscles are pretty indestructable. Anything with articulation like your way cool moving arms, makes the toy prone to missing parts and damage

M.U.S.C.L.E.S.

1. Cheaper to collect
2. More sculpts
3. highly detailed sculpts, not just more
4. 30 years later still having bootlegs, new similar lines (ultimate muscle), cartoons, movies of thier characters being made
5. Counting colors they provide thousands of more sculpts to hunt for than BB at a more reasonable price, asidef rom your SR scam already mentioned
6. Aliens > cutsie gay fluffy animal sculpts
7. Hot Japanese girls like them more than BB which imo is one of the main things that makes them better hahaha
8. I'll come back to this when I think of some other stuff

Any other reasons muscle would win M.U.S.C.L.E HEADS? :KS:

I edited your post to show more how a muscle head feels. Again, im not fighting, im debating. No personal attack intended.

#16 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

2. The arms move.

#195 Sunshine top spins, much cooler :good:
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

#17 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

Its all in good fun.....
Battle Beast till the wheels fall off. Muscles are ok, Battle Beast/Laser Beast destroy muscles all day. Skull Grotess eats muscles for lunch.
BB are incredible...

#18 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:26 AM

Oh and M.U.S.C.L.E.s have girlfriends unlike the Battle Beasts.

Haha this is fun,

...and I'm pretty sure cassel87's girlfriend is a battle beast so there ;)

dabbuu
Posted Image

#19 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:28 AM

Strength and honor for :M: ;) , BB are going down!!

Edited by vette88, 01 December 2009 - 11:35 AM.

#20 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

Battle Beasts over M.U.S.C.L.E., 45-31, AND they beat the spread.

#21 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:45 AM

Battle Beasts over M.U.S.C.L.E., 45-31, AND they beat the spread.

Words well spoken...

#22 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

1. Battle Beasts Cons = Lose-able accessories, Breakable accessories, damaged rub signs, lost rub signs, expensive, paint damage, breakable arms, stinky plastic, 2 to a pack (expensive), 6 8 & 10? to a pack (even more expensive), uncommon limited edition variants (ULTRA expensive), Bandolier, limited edition chariots (Very Expensive), foreign counterparts are expensive to collect.

2. Battle Beasts Pros = Accessories, Arm articulation, rub signs, painted, limited edition variants, 112 unique sculpts, easily customized, Characters based on animals, 2 to a pack, 6 8 & 10? to a pack, limited edition variants, awesome vehicles and playsets (chariots, sleds, battle stations), opens door to collecting other non standard Battle/laser beast memorabilia, Super Awesome Bootlegs! Appeared in own comic series, appeared in a few Transformers episodes.

1. Muscles Cons = 5% don't stand on their own, Super Rares, Rare Colors, Zero sculpts produced in all colors, 200+ Knnikuman sculpts never mass produced in muscle plastic or sold in the states, unarticulated, wresting ring sucked, belt sucked, extremely rare promotional items (Quick Cans, Promo Tubes, Muscle Hauler), over 1500+ different possible figure/colors to collect, foreign counterparts are expensive to collect.

2. Muscles Pros = 236+ Unique sculpts, Characters based on animals-people-monsters-aliens-household objects-structures, Generally inexpensive, Easy to hoard, Plastic smells delicious enough to eat, made in 10 possible colors, durable plastic, 100% imaginative, customizable, packaged in 4 packs, 10 packs, 28 packs, board game, over 1500+ different possible figure/colors to collect, opens door The still every growing world of Kinnikuman collectibles, Super Awesome Bootlegs!, Originated from a Manga and anime.

Sounds pretty even right now.

Muscle is ahead in sculpts, and pieces to collect. BB are still more valuable in general, and at least has a visible finish line for completion.

Both have major production flaws and availability issues. Muscles are static, but more durable, battlebeasts have more playability, but are more prone to damage.

Personally I much prefer Muscles, but both have strong points.

I'm a pink man in underwear too. ;)

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 01 December 2009 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

Strength and honor for :M: ;) , BB are going down!!

Loyalty and Discipline for the Beast...

#24 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:00 PM

I think if you look at both core brands BB and MUSCLE, and don't include any of the ancillary Transformer/Kinnikuman stuff, there are a lot of similarities – probably more than the differences. Having said that I think MUSCLE is superior for two important reasons: (1) it was a top selling toy of 1986; and (2) it had a promotional tie-in with a major food brand.

#25 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

Man, this is an easy one for me. Battle Beasts all the way. For me, there are really two ways of comparing them, the toyline itself and the characters themselves. I pretty much agree with what pro-Battle Beast members have already said, along with the following.

As far as a toyline goes, I would put my vote in for Battle Beasts as a better toyline. Battle Beasts I feel are in the perfect size for small figures. About 2 inches to me just feels right. Sometimes the MUSCLES can feel a tad small, but the BBs at 2 inches can fit in articulation and great amount of detail while still retaining the charm of a small figure that fits in your pocket perfectly. Because of their size, they also match up really well with the current "heroes" trend of small figures that Hasbro has running right now. The Battle Beasts match up perfectly when displayed along side a bunch of Trasformers Robot Heroes, Clone Trooper and Stormtrooper Galactic heroes, and Iron Man superhero squad figures.

I personally prefer the sculpts of the Battle Beasts much more. They are very well detailed, decently painted, and each Battle Beast feels like it's own unique character. This is especially impressive looking back that they go through 112 different sculpts without trying to milk the line with reapint and repaint, trying to make new characters out of existing sculpts. It seems a major crime with modern toylines that we go through an endless amount of repaints of the same sculpt, and these are marketed to the collectors "new" figures. While some of the sculpts for the MUSCLES are fantastic, a lot of them feel a bit bland or odd to me. There are several that look very very similar with a stock wrestler body, but the only difference being their head sculpt.

Another aspect that I enjoy about the Battle Beast toyline is the lack of a solid story. This allowed kids, including myself, to create their own characters and stories to fit what they wanted from the figures. It really forced you to completely use your imagination, which is the best part of playing with toys. Some might find this a negative on their marketing depart, but for me it was my stories for these little animal characters that got me so attached to the figures.

As for their actual character, I think Battle Beasts here have the edge, however slightly. I don't know the whole story of MUSCLES/Kinnikuman, but I know they are wrestler based super heroes with sort of super powers. Which is fine and great if you are into that sort of thing. My story for the Battle Beasts has always been sort of a mix of technology and elemental/supernatural powers between the different tribes. I see the BBs as highly trained, skilled fighters, with different types of animals being proffecient in specific fighting styles. Reptiles and Amphibians tend to be martial arts based warriors, fast, agile and precise. There are the northern animals, such as Bear, Moose, etc... that have more of a Norse/Viking, Medieval Knights and Greek/Roman styles of fighting that tend to work well for strong, front line based infantry and commanders. There are also the shamans, shock troops, etc... It goes on, but suffice to say that in a straight up fight, if the Battle Beasts were to combine their forces, they have all the different skills that would be needed to take down the MUSCLES warriors.

I have take the Battle Beasts everytime. I just think they are overall a better toyline.

Eric

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com