• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:40 AM

Just got this guy from a lot on eBay and he is the same size and exact same material as the later parts of the Kinnikuman line. Also the markings on the back are the same font and similar lettering, YS/S .N.T with a B. underneath on the Mammothman vs. BS/S .F.T with an identical B. underneath on the mystery figure.

The seller said he thought it was a cereal premium but these two figures were DEFINITELY produced on the same line.

Anyone got an idea?
-Barry

p.s. - The figure is AWESOME!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:50 AM

I think there were Dragonball keshi, and I seem to remember a mummy in the Dragonball TV series. That's probably a reach, though. I bet Soupie knows for sure.

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

Nate's right. That's a character Goku fights in the original Dragon Ball.

#4 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

Now I know there's a ton of Dragonball Keshi out there but does this mean there's an entire line of them out there practically identical to Kinnikuman? Secondly, does anyone have any or have any info? I'd love to see the whole line :lol:
-Barry

#5 shocklord

shocklord

カネゴン

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

This archive probably has them all:

http://ulala69.hp.in...co.jp/DBtop.htm

#6 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

As a dragonball fan and as a keshi fan, that is just awesome =) Congrats dude.

#7 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:59 PM

This archive probably has them all:

http://ulala69.hp.in...co.jp/DBtop.htm

I tried that link and looked through, but I didn't find the mummy guy... Hmmmm

#8 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image

It's in Part 5 of the archive. (Which makes me wonder... is the word "part" the official term for each series, or is that just a term Naochin uses to describe each series?)

Edited by Soupie, 13 March 2008 - 01:38 PM.

Posted Image

#9 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

Wow, thanks for the link and the help on the ID guys, these figures are F'ing awesome! I also realized I've got the turtle backed guy riding the turtle from Part 2 and didn't even know it :p

Oh geez, one more line to start collecting! Does anyone know of any other lines made identical to the Kinnikuman figures besides these DBZ ones?
-Barry

Edited by lhssenior, 13 March 2008 - 02:51 PM.

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:48 AM

If there was an anime or manga popular enough in the 80's early 90's there was probably a Keshi line.

Posted Image

#11 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:50 AM

If there was an anime or manga popular enough in the 80's early 90's there was probably a Keshi line.

Yes, I agree with this statement, but I have yet to find any Akira keshi. :lol: I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be any though...

Anybody ever seen Akira keshi? :lol:

:)
Posted Image

#12 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

Akira was not marketed to kids, so I'm pretty sure there aren't any. Most Anime movies would probably not have Keshi. Especially one as violent and gory as Akira.

Usually only Anime marketed towards a young audience had keshis, or anime, or Video games.

Posted Image

#13 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

Didn't Fist of the Northstar have some keshi? That was pretty gory, I see no reason Akira shouldn't have some, other than we've never seen them.

#14 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:39 PM

Akira was not marketed to kids, so I'm pretty sure there aren't any. Most Anime movies would probably not have Keshi. Especially one as violent and gory as Akira.

Usually only Anime marketed towards a young audience had keshis, or anime, or Video games.

Damn out goes that Urotsukidoji keshi ive been looking for. :lol:
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#15 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:20 AM

Toy Zipangu on ebay just started selling a bunch of the DB/DBZ keshi figures!

You can pick from what I left behind if you're interested: http://stores.ebay.com/TOY-ZIPANGU

Some pretty cool molds in there!

(You'll want to look at the "other" section of the store to see some of the DB/Z figs)

Edited by mimoman, 15 March 2008 - 04:26 AM.

#16 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:54 AM

Didn't Fist of the Northstar have some keshi? That was pretty gory, I see no reason Akira shouldn't have some, other than we've never seen them.

Sure the Manga was, but the Anime was Severely dumbed down. Alot of the scenes were rewritten when put into anime form. I guess you could compare it to the U.S. Mortal Kombat cartoon that used to come on back in the 90's. There wasn't a drop of blood or fatalities in that. :lol:

Better yet, the FOTNS anime was probably comparable to DBZ at the time as far as violence and gore. There was a little in there, but not enough to be considered over the top.

Akira on the other hand had Bodies exploding. I'll look around, there might be keshi, but I really do doubt it. I'm sure there are some kind of toys or memorabilia from that time though.

Posted Image

#17 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

The FotNS anime was toned down from the manga, but it was still very gory, with bodies exploding, hands being punched off, hands exploding, heads exploding, shoulders exploding, heads being punched off, etc. The biggest way it was toned down was by using white blood instead of red at times, which looks very... erm... confusing.

#18 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:08 PM

The FOTNS movies weren't toned down at all, but the T.V. series was.

DBZ had it's gory points as well, with dismemberment and all that good stuff.

Anyways, I havn't been able to find any Akira Keshi yet, but just for measure I'll keep looking for you soups. If I do fall across some I'll be glad to let you know, but I've never seen any.

I did see a box of some white capsule looking things, but I wasn't sure what they were. They were Akira things though.

Posted Image

#19 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:54 AM

so that's what these are!

Posted Image
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com