Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Purple Triceratops, Cherry Red Dino, Green Meanie...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Canucklehead

Canucklehead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Art, bicycles, computers, dinosaurs, elephants, foreign films, gardening, hashbrowns, isulators, jelllo, karma, littlerubberguys, monsters, needlework, oranges, power-tools, questionaires, rocks, sculpture, tea <-- that tastes like coffee, unusualness, variety, woodworking, x-files, yams, zigging bit not so much zagging...

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:42 AM

Hello hello, I am new here - well a new poster but I've been reading and looking at the art here for some time - pretty awesome!

I was on the hunt for interesting things in a flea market the other day and the only thing I found was this little sack of toys with an alien spinning-top and some critters in it - the yellow guy I manged to suss out right here, turns out he's a MIMP called Jotun Troll (him and the alien were why I bought the sack lol) so thank you LRG forum :bunny: But the other 3 I couldn't find families for and was wondering if you guys might recognize them at all.

The purple triceratops has amazing detail and texture, and he's a little bit more rubbery than the yellow Jotun. The cherry colored dino is as hard as a rock, minimally detailed but looks edible :bunny: I'm guessing maybe he's a crackerjack prize-type creation or something? The green guy is almost ape-like in the face but rather more ferocious looking imho, and I didn't notice until I was taking his pic that he had something in his right fist that has obviously been broken off...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

thanks for any insight, and once again VERY cool forum :bunny:

ps: that top, can spin for nearly 65 seconds and if I got a better roll on it it would probably go longer - sweet purchase :bunny:

Edited by Canucklehead, 06 October 2009 - 03:37 PM.

#2 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:56 AM

The Green guy is a monster from the old board game Hero Quest. It was kinda like D+D, but not as complex. I've forgotten his name but I'm pretty sure the stump in his right hand used to hold an Axe :D

Nocturin
Posted Image

#3 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

Gimme everything you got!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:40 AM

Dunno what they are, but the purple dino's cool :D

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

That red dinosaur is quite distinctive, but I don't believe I've ever seen anything like it before! I'd love to know what it is if we get a positive ID.

The triceratops eraser is cool, but it's not really "from" a line, I don't believe. However, I don't recognize this exact one either. There's a very common bunch of erasers I've seen and owned before that include a triceratops like this with the two large horns fused into one piece, but the legs are fused as well, and the body's much flatter. This one has a wider body and four distinct legs, so whatever it's from is possibly the origin line of the knockoff erasers I've seen around more often.

Also, it's Jotun, not Yotun, but congrats on scoring that MIMP, it's a cool sculpt!

#5 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:11 PM

Any markings on the dinos? Did Deiner make dinos? The tops looks like he could be from Deiner.

Posted Image

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

Any markings on the dinos? Did Deiner make dinos? The tops looks like he could be from Deiner.

Oops! Yeah, Deiner did make dinosaur erasers among other things (and so does the company that now owns them, WinCraft). Except they're the erasers I was talking about, with the simplified version of the triceratops!

Posted Image

#7 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

Yep, the last guy is indeed a guy from Hero Quest called a "Fimir". It's by far and large my fave board game ever made (Remember D&D is a paper pencil game). The company that made it was Milton Bradley and was worked on by the same people who made the famous Warhammer Franchise, Darkworld, Battle Masters, and several other games. They even recently have been involved in works like D&D 4E.

I have owned over 50+ copies of the game, and am sitting on 8+ copies that I can see.

#8 Canucklehead

Canucklehead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Art, bicycles, computers, dinosaurs, elephants, foreign films, gardening, hashbrowns, isulators, jelllo, karma, littlerubberguys, monsters, needlework, oranges, power-tools, questionaires, rocks, sculpture, tea &lt;-- that tastes like coffee, unusualness, variety, woodworking, x-files, yams, zigging bit not so much zagging...

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

Wow! thanks for the input everyone :D I fixed up Jotun's name up there too lol

The only marks on the red guy are the letters "ce" on his front leg just under the bottom bump - which you can actually sort of make out if you look at the giant size version of the pic (sorry about that too everybody I have an unnatural affection for my cameras macro setting haha)

The purple guy has CHINA on his belly but that's it. He has the most intricate detailing - tiny wrinkly skin-folds down his knees and he even has that faint scaly skin textured under his chin. Boaconda do you mean he's literally an eraser? or is that just terminology for softer materials? He doesn't flake like an eraser and - don't cringe because I tried this - he doesn't erase pencil marks at all, not even a little. If he was made as one they did a really, really bad job of him functionally... and a brilliant job sculpturally :(

I may have implied the purple guy was a lot softer than he is - I think maybe he feels softer because compared to the MIMP's pointy features the T-top's are roundy and smooth. Not that roundy is a word at all hahaha!

Glad to have Fimir's name now too - so thanks Transformersontheshelf, now I only wish he had his axe!

Edited by Canucklehead, 06 October 2009 - 04:01 PM.

#9 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

was it an axe or a mace? i'll have to go and crack my old hero quest game.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#10 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:11 AM

Yep, the last guy is indeed a guy from Hero Quest called a "Fimir". It's by far and large my fave board game ever made (Remember D&D is a paper pencil game). The company that made it was Milton Bradley and was worked on by the same people who made the famous Warhammer Franchise, Darkworld, Battle Masters, and several other games. They even recently have been involved in works like D&D 4E.

I have owned over 50+ copies of the game, and am sitting on 8+ copies that I can see.

How much does a complete Heroquest game go for nowdays?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#11 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:37 AM

Dankingery: it's a Battle Axe (Sadly I had to check, lol).

TheOrgg: I would sell a mint sealed box for arounf $85-100 depending on condition, but never have seen one. I sell Complete sets for $50-$70 depending on how good the pieces, inserts, and accessories are. An avg incomplete set I get $30-$40. But that's me, eBay can be very low or high compared to my prices. Also the expansion sets are ridiculous for prices. I only have parts for one and refuse to sell it.

Canucklehead/Boaconda I think that just might be an eraser! I just found this guy yesterday and put him on my site, it looks like the Ankylosaur in Boa's pic: Anyk. eraser Sorry for the bad pic, my batteries were dying at the time.

#12 Canucklehead

Canucklehead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Art, bicycles, computers, dinosaurs, elephants, foreign films, gardening, hashbrowns, isulators, jelllo, karma, littlerubberguys, monsters, needlework, oranges, power-tools, questionaires, rocks, sculpture, tea &lt;-- that tastes like coffee, unusualness, variety, woodworking, x-files, yams, zigging bit not so much zagging...

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:25 PM

Yes he kind of does look the same sort as the pink guy doesn't he? Well if he was made as an eraser it's the definitely the most useless eraser ever invented except for maybe a dirt lump...

*edit* no wait! he's an excellent way of erasing a designer's, manufactuer's and retailer's reputation for delivering quality product!! :D

his artist still gets full marks for brilliance though

Edited by Canucklehead, 07 October 2009 - 05:30 PM.

#13 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

i also had the expansion pack for hero quest. i don't think either of mine are complete still. i remember when i painted the figures that a couple of the better ones ended up being displayed on my desk. where they ended up from there i couldn't say.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#14 Canucklehead

Canucklehead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:28 AM

If this guy isn't an eraser than he should be because he's waaaay softer than the triceratops and he can absolutely remove pencil marks (turned his head black though) He looks like he's missing his arms.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And these little itty bitty gold guys aren't mine
Posted Image
but my mom wants to know where they came from lmao!

Their arms and legs actually move, they aren't stuck in those poses :D I put the MIMP in to show just how tiny they really are.

#15 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:23 AM

Little robot guy looks like a Macross or Robotech type robot, possibly a Zaku from Gundam? Looks like it's made from the same type of material used in the Transformers Decoys. Never seen anything like that with arms though (looks like it would have had two arms that moved?).

Only thing I can think of right off hand for those knights would be a Mighty Max type toy. But they might have been even smaller.

#16 amcquay

amcquay

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hello, my name is Allyx. My daughter just lost her pink rubber triseratops tonight and we agreed that we would search the net for a new one. Fortunatly i came accros your post and i would like to buy this purple one form you. My email address is allyxmcquay@hotmail.com. Please let me know if you are interested...or not. Thanks
Allyx

#17 Canucklehead

Canucklehead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:03 PM

Hello, my name is Allyx. My daughter just lost her pink rubber triseratops tonight and we agreed that we would search the net for a new one. Fortunatly i came accros your post and i would like to buy this purple one form you. My email address is allyxmcquay@hotmail.com. Please let me know if you are interested...or not. Thanks
Allyx

Allyx I'm very sorry I didn't respond sooner, I didn't know you had posted here. For some reason thread notofication isn't working for me although I do have it checked in my control panel. I do hope you have had good luck and found another triceratops for your little girl already!

#18 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:03 AM

So we never id'd the red dino? That think is very stylized. I'd love to know what line it belongs to. I think I'd even try to collect them.
Posted Image

#19 TheFormlessOne

TheFormlessOne

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

The red dinosaur is a Dimetrodon. It is a figure from a german company named Schöller... or better: was named Schöller, now Kuchenmeister. It came along with chocolate-filled koala goodies in 1993. To my knowledge there were 5 different:

The Dimetrodon as seen, a triceratops, a brontosaurus, a t-rex and some kind of a dragon, maybe it shall be an iguanodon, i don't know.

#20 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:28 AM

I think the little gold armored guys came with a generic chinese castle playset. I had two versions of the set as a kid, one for girls (pink and white with princesses and unicorns) and one for boys (grey and brown with a rubber dragon and some silver knights) unfortunately I have absolutely no idea where any of my little knights went so I can't get a photo for you. I've seen the same playset still for sale in junk shops minus the dragon but only the boys version never the girls one.

The legs are splayed so far apart on the knights so they could sit atop little plastic horses. I may still have one of the horses somewhere.

Thinking back on it, I really wish I'd taken better care of those sets. They were awesome fun.
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com