• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 08:36 PM

Okay, I am totally JAZZED! I just got done chattng with the "Meat" voice actor for Ultimate Muscle. It appears he frequents the board ALOT! We had alot to chat about, from kids to kinkeshi, to M.U.S.C.L.E. Con 2003! He's planning on revealing himself in a day or two, but until then, if you know who he is, please refrain from spilling it, so that he can do it himself! Personally I think it is awesome that he is on the board! I can't really divulge alot yet, I will leave that to him, but I did get a little bit of a glimpse of how the cartoon is put together. He also does the voices of the Mayor on Kirby and he is the MAIN voice for the FoxBox! He also collects "Meat" related items, such as MUSCLE's and Kinkeshi. I joked about the "instant fan club" he'll have, when he reveals himself, but he was kind of worried about the "I hate Meat's voice" crowd. Somehow I think the "awe" of having one of the cartoon's main characters among us would overcome any of those gripes.
Anyways, look for his big announcement in a day or so, and don't miss the cartoons this Saturday!

#2 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 09:16 PM

I think most of us just don't like how meat sounded like a high-pitched squealy voiced kid in that japanese series but now sounds like an older person in a young persons body, but yeah i can't wait to find out who it is! (i think it's Rideruyu but we'll find out soon) anyways, Meat//Mayor guy, dont worry, we love kinnikuman, it's just great to have an insider on our side :)
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#3 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 05:35 AM

That's AWESOME!!! :)

I can't wait to hear from him on the board! This is great!!! B)

:(
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#4 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 06:10 AM

I wish i could call you out about now cause I've been watching the credits in slow-mo looking fer your name
but no Voice talent were named per say to a character , so i'm looking forward to the moment of truth.

I feel like that pic :) I'm so happy

Attached Files

~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#5 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 06:14 AM

...he was kind of worried about the "I hate Meat's voice" crowd.

Well, not all of us object to Meat's tough-guy voice. I thought it was hilarious that Meat looked like a baby but had a voice that sounded like Rocky's trainer. And no, I'm not just kissing his butt because he'll be on the boards... I'd find the thread where we all discussed the voice overs to prove it, but that might be like trying to find the Ark at the end of Indiana Jones...

I actually know who Meat is. Sorry Johnny, but I can't contain myself. Meat is.... MAHIR!!!

-Nathan :)

#6 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 07:14 AM

wow that is so cool
i have not and probably will never see the cartoon but i'm still excited
about the prospect of someone within our own ranks being the voice of a real muscle.

i wonder who it is?

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#7 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 24 October 2002 - 07:32 AM

I am feeling two different emotions for this post. One of joy and happiness and one of disbelief.

If it is true, that is cool as hell, it would be nice to have some kind of contact with a person in the Kinnikuman industry.

Or it could be some dumbass kid who likes to lie online like millions of others.

What kind of proof did you have aside from Chatting Johnny? Just curious.

#8 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 07:55 AM

What kind of proof did you have aside from Chatting Johnny? Just curious.

Good point, Doc. Before we start asking for autographs, how do we know for sure that this guy really is Meat?

...he was kind of worried about the "I hate Meat's voice" crowd.

One more thing about this... I'm sure the people who object to Meat's voice in the American version do so, not because they think the guy is doing a bad job, but because they thought it was strange casting, given the Japanese Meat sounded like a little kid.

-Nathan

#9 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 09:46 AM

I know who it is, I know who it is nany nany boo boo, ha ha ha I'm not telling B) I figured it out with a little research, I think he is legit now, I had doubts at first. I will not spill the beans though.

:)

:(

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 10:20 AM

Good point, Doc. Before we start asking for autographs, how do we know for sure that this guy really is Meat?

Well, I was shocked at first and a little suspicious too. But everything checks out. His website (he does ALOT of voice acting) and a bunch of other things too! And then I talked to him last night for a while and I'm pretty positive. Like 100% positive.

#11 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2002 - 10:30 AM

Ok guys, you got me. The Star Wars thing was just a front. It's me. :)

#12 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 10:34 AM

It's me. B)

Usotsuki :)

#13 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 24 October 2002 - 10:46 AM

This is sweet.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#14 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2002 - 10:48 AM

Usotsuki?

#15 itsamike

itsamike

The Man Behind The Meat!

• Legends
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 01:55 PM

Well, let's see. It couldn't be the guy with the Meat Avatar could it?

Okay, yes it is. If you watch the credits, you'll see my name misspelled, but it's correct on My Webpage. Mike Pollock.

So, in case you've been wondering why I've been sticking up for Meat on the boards, it's because I've had the pleasure of voicing him since September 14th, and I have to defend his honor.

My contract with 4Kids forbids me from promoting my work, discussing confidential stuff, and a whole bunch of other things without their express permission, but I can list Meat on my résumé, so let's consider this an extension of my résumé, shall we?

Because my non-disclosure agreement, I can't answer a lot of specific questions about what's going to happen, upcoming merchandise or promotions, and the like [besides, they don't tell me much about that anyway], but I'll happily answer general questions about the process of voicing Ultimate Muscle.

I'll also try to get some other cast members to join the forum, as well as some 4Kids reps, like the folks from the publicity department. [I've been forwarding comments to them all along.]

So now that the cat is out of the bag, I'll turn the mat, er floor, over to you guys.

Oh, and watch for a new Avatar courtesy of Johnny, as soon as I pick the one I like best.

Bulging Biceps!

--Mike
--Mike
|= <

The opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of 4Kids Entertainment or its affiliates.

Want an autographed picture? Click here!

#16 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 02:13 PM

I'll also try to get some other cast members to join the forum, as well as some 4Kids reps, like the folks from the publicity department. [I've been forwarding comments to them all along.]

Man, that is cool. Why do they not fix your name on the credits? I'd be pissed personally. It would be sweet if others joined the forum, I am sure all of you can appreciate the following you have already. I am glad you came out, I am also glad I figured it out before you came out :p I am sure we have welcomed you aboard already, but welcome again. I apologise for having doubts, but people lie on the internet, that is why 40 year old men end up doing bad things to young girls and stuff. Anyways, I am not part of the "I hate meat's voice" group (arse kissing). I think it is cool you are here.

#17 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 02:17 PM

Usotsuki?

"Usotsuki" is Japanese for "your lying" or "liar" haha :p

#18 itsamike

itsamike

The Man Behind The Meat!

• Legends
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 02:28 PM

Why do they not fix your name on the credits?

I mentioned it to them a month ago or so, and again today, but they said to be patient, because of the lead time between production and airdate--three to four weeks. You'll notice it's correct on the other shows (I think!) and should be correct on Muscle any week now.

And thanks for the re-welcome, Doc! It's great to be here!

If anyone really needs proof that I'm who I claim to be, I guess you could call me at my office and I could give you a "huh?" in Meat's voice.

--Mike
--Mike
|= <

The opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of 4Kids Entertainment or its affiliates.

Want an autographed picture? Click here!

#19 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 03:17 PM

Let the record show that I never bad mouthed meats` voice!!!(major arse kissing!!) :p Anyway, it`s great to have You on board!

#20 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 03:37 PM

when you say up and coming merchadise does that mean there is going to be merchadise? also i work for a television company in the uk and i havent heard if ultimate muscle is being rleased over here do you know if it will? and i havent heard the voice but i liked gary colemans' in different strokes (not that he had a different one in real life or anything)
anyway this is pretty kewl
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 03:47 PM

You know the guys in the 4Kids promo dept might just like this board. Major targeted advertising and demographics info. They would get a glimpse of other topics that interest us. I'm sure the guys in marketing would have a field day with all the demographic info... :p

Thanks again Mike! See you Saturday e+ (Well, I'll HEAR you at least!)

#22 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 03:50 PM

And it all comes together when you do a search for Mike's posts...

Under the MUSCLE Con 2003 posts...

How about getting some of the people behind the Ultimate Muscle cartoons, like the producers, writers, or voice actors?

Somebody asked when Ultimate Muscle was on...

You can click here to find your local Fox station.
And you can click here to learn all about the Fox Box.

And finally...

Kevin Mask, CheckMate, Jade..... those are the real meat of the show.

No, Meat is the *real* meat of the show!

Why didn't I see it before?! I think my strength in the Force is dwindling...

-Nathan

#23 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 04:07 PM

Capt Obvious.

::Slams head on brick wall a few dozen times::

One question mike
This is something i've been thinking for a good while now

do you get annoyed , bored, etc when Kid Muscle ( like i said earlier don't know who does him) sings the Rice & Cow song???

I means it's been sung at least 8~10 times in 12 episodes
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#24 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 04:08 PM

If you watch the credits, you'll see my name misspelled, but it's correct on My Webpage. Mike Pollock.

Yeah, right. That's your real name. Suuuure. You're not fooling anybody, Mahir. Let's look at the similarities:

1) Both names start with "M"! That would be enough to convince anybody! But wait! There's more...
2) Mahir Cagri, Mike Pollock... the EXACT SAME number of syllables... if you subtract one from Mahir!
3) If you select certain letters in "Mahir Cagri" you get "Mic"... which phonetically sounds EXACTLY LIKE "MIKE"!
4) If you rearrange the letters in "Mike Pollock" you get "Keplomio"... which means nothing but sounds super-suspicious!!!
5) Has anyone ever seen them together?!

Come clean, Mahir! By the way, I replaced the link above with your REAL webpage.

-Nathan :p

#25 EASports

EASports

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 04:57 PM

All right, all right. Let me just say that I wish I HAD bad mouthed meats voice, just so I could deny it now, like a few others... Geeze you guys, just cause Mr. Mike is here, it doesn't mean that you have to change your opinions. But, of course, I liked Meat's voice from the beginning... :p

heh heh, I'm only joking around. Really, looking back on it, not many people had a problem with the voice. It's super cool that your here, Mike-the-man-Mike.
"Let's go home"
"We are home"
"That was fast"

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com