7 replies to this topic

#1 GreenMountainBeastformers

GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

As a kid I had Bison and Ram first.  Then from a couple yardsales I got Bat, Bear, Beaver, Bird, Bulldog, Cuttlefish, Flamingo, Flying Squirrel, Giraffe, Lion, Lizard, Mandrill, Panda, Tapir, Tarsier and Warthog.  I kept good track of all these except as a kid the Bat was stolen and the Flamingo was lost in the yard.  I started collecting them again a few years ago as I was learning about molding and casting.  Because I only had used figures as a kid I had no idea what they were even called at first.  I think I happened upon some by searching for "animal head warriors" or something like that on ebay.

I have the 12 lower Laser Beasts and a few higher Beasts.  I also have many different weapons that were busy today.

I wanted to finish Beast Mountain before I photographed them.  My 2 year old was excited to help set them up and identify the animals.  We actually got ten good minutes of pictures and playtime before he started pulling out the plants.  

Attached Files

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

At first glance I thought I was looking at Christmas lights. So colorful. 

#3 kingtiger077

kingtiger077

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Greek Battle Beasts, exogini

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:14 AM

Wow! A foto for sore eyes!!!

#4 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

Great setup!

#5 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:23 AM

What a setup, super impressive! What is Beast Mountain made from? Ha my two year old pushes his face against my display cabinet, sooner or later we will have to get them out. Just need to make sure the dog is outside or there may be a couple of casualties.

#6 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

Beast Mountain is made from Blueboard and other styrofoam with model railroad type talus/gravel, scenic grass and dried moss and aquarium plants.  The tricky thing about styrofoam is it will melt with spray paint or spray adhesives.  I had to hand paint it with brown acrylic to create a crust first before attaching the gravel and scenic grass.  

If anyone is interested in having one made, I can work out a price based on dimension.  

Before I got into collecting Battle Beasts I built up a nice collection of Ewoks.  This was one of the first scenes I built.  I used it for my Britains Knights and for an animated short with Ewoks, here:

Attached File  ewokd1.JPG   51.3K   0 downloadsAttached File  ewokd2.JPG   75.23K   1 downloadsAttached File  ewokd3.JPG   75.98K   1 downloadsAttached File  ewokd4.JPG   44.67K   1 downloadsAttached File  ewokd5.JPG   84.95K   3 downloads

Attached File  KelseyManorpt1 020.JPG   92.72K   1 downloads

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

Incredible!

#8 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

Thanks guys, here are some other things I've built.  First a couple Beasts hanging out at "The Grotto" playset which is a work in progress, but may give some an idea about roughing things in, and how much you can get away when the surface will be covered with flora.  Second I took a couple on Beast Mountain because I have my backdrop up which I painted.  Third is the village of Brookdale and Hollowbrook Castle in 1/72nd scale.  The castle was store bought, but the towers, bridges, barracks gatehouse, and cottages I made from scratch.  The horseman with the flag is painted with the Hudson coat of arms.  I have many other nicely detailed knights that I couldn't reach because I had to climb over a mountain of shit to photograph them.  Some like the Sir Hudson are actual arms from history, and a couple have arms from Game of Thrones.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com