ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

Try as I may, it's not often that I get the opportunity to share something entirely new with this community since there is already such a wealth of information here in the archives. In this instance however, I think I might actually be successful. From what I've gathered, this is the letter/certificate that was mailed to recipients of the Stone Cobra after sending in the two halves of the Stone Tablet. However as I don't speak Japanese, a translation of the letter would be very welcomed because I'm mostly speculating here.

The original letter is printed on quite thin, probably rice, paper and is slightly smaller than a US Standard Letter sized paper, (A5 maybe?). There was a small tear across the Beastformers logo at the top, and due to the thin quality of the paper every small wrinkle and imperfection showed up on the scan so it took a bit of retouching before I was happy enough with it to share. There are still a number of flaws to clean up so I may get back to it eventually, but for now, enjoy! :thumbsup:

bb-stone-cobra-certificate-edited-thumb.
Click the image to view a larger, printable version.

Speaking of the Stone Tablet, if anyone has the half that comes with the Sunburst Leo boxed set that they could scan and share I would really appreciate it. I have the half that came with the Fire Phoenix playset but sadly my Sunburst set came without any paperwork.

Edited by bachamn, 16 April 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#2 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

Here you go bachamn! The Stone Cobra Cards and pamphlet and rough translation I did some years back.

Attached Files

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#3 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

I recently asked my brother to translate this, and can now confirm that it is in fact the letter that one would receive with the Stone Cobra figure in the mail! Just a fun little piece of Beastformers history.

I especially love the last part where they mention returning the paid postage "due to circumstances on their end" They must have been doing well ;)

ビーストフォーマー

BeastFormer

火炎バーストプレゼント

Flame Burst Present

「コブランダー」が当った!!

You got “COBRANDA”!

「火炎要塞レッドフェニックス」と「バーストサンスペシャルセット」のアンケートに答えてくれた君、どうもありがとう。

Thank you for answering the “Flame Fortress Red Pheonix” and “Burst Sun Special Set” questionnaires.

応募してくれた君には「石にされた特製コブランダー」をプレゼントだ!!

Your gift for participating is a “Special Cobranda that’s been set in stone”!

これで君のコレクションにまた一つ新しい仲間が加わったね。

This should make a nice addition to your collection.

ところで「コブランダー」の魂を閉じ込めた「妖蛇封印」の事はもう知っているかな。

By the way, do you know about the “Youja Fuin” (Attractive Serpent Seal?) that trapped Cobranda’s soul?

今ビーストフォーマーを買うと、その「妖蛇封印」が当るかもしれないぞ。

There is a chance that the Youja Fuin will be included as a surprise present with any currently available BeastFormer purchase.

まだまだ増えるビーストフォーマーの仲間たち。

Your BeastFormer buddies can grow even more numerous!

いっぱい集めて友達に差をつけよう。

Collect many and leave your friends’ collections in the dust!

お詫び

Apology

このたびはご応募くださいまして、ありがとうございました。

Thank you for applying.

また、返送用の切手を同封していただいて、お手数をおかけいたしました。

Also thank you for including the return postage necessary to send this present. We apologize for this troublesome process.

誠に勝手ながら事情により、切手はお返しする運びとなりましたので、ここに同封させて頂きます。

Due to circumstances on our end, it became unnecessary to use the postage stamp you included, so we have enclosed it herein.

今後とも弊社の商品をご愛顧下さいますよう、お願いもうしあげます。

Please continue buying our products in the future. Thank you.

このプレゼントについてのお問い合わせは

Questions regarding this present may be addressed to:

㈱プレ・システム・クリエイト ☎099872904

Pre-System Create 09 (987) 2904

担当:松村 田村

Edited by bachamn, 17 May 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#4 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

Great addition, thanks!

To sort of complete the story or at least add some extra files here are the front and back scans of what I believe/think is the file that had to be send out together with the two halfs of the full Stone Cobra Tablet. Not really sure about it since I got it amongst my files in which I´ve the two halfs of the tablet as well but it would be the most logic explanation for this file;

Attached File  IMG_20140517_191814.JPG   185.39K   28 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20140517_191849.JPG   144.28K   29 downloads

Maybe someone is able to translate these as well to be sure about what they are!?

With those translations and all the files out here I think a big part of the Stone Cobra myth is revealed but there are still a few questions remaining;

- Did you also get the two Tablet halfs returned after receiving the Stone Cobra or did you only get the figure and the letter mentioned in the first post of this topic in return!? 

- What or who is this “Youja Fuin” (Attractive Serpent Seal?) thing? 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#5 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

- What or who is this “Youja Fuin” (Attractive Serpent Seal?) thing? 

It is the seal that imprisoned the sole of Stone Cobra. At least that is what I got from the stone table pieces.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#6 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

I'm sure most of us saw this but that stone cobra on YHJ sold for 56001 Yen, crazily there is now another one listed for 55000 yen buy now! If only the winner and under bidder knew there was another one going to come along so quickly!

Anyone know if there was a limited number of stone cobras? Or were they just mail ins and there could have been hundreds made?

#7 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

The exact number of Stone Cobra is not known. It is only sure that there were 2 waves of Stone Cobra. I guess that the offer was more successfull than expected so Takara had to produce more.

#8 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:49 AM

Now I want a stone cobra :'( Thanks for sharing guys!

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#9 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

It is the seal that imprisoned the sole of Stone Cobra. At least that is what I got from the stone table pieces.

I believe they're referring to the stone cobra cards randomly placed in boxes

the heat sensitive lion seal over the cobra

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paperwork, Beastformers, Stone Cobra, Japanese

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com