• Please log in to reply
952 replies to this topic

#101 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

$20-$24 would be my guess. judging from other similar sets they've had.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#102 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

$20-$24 would be my guess. judging from other similar sets they've had.

$23 is what i've heard. The first sightings all seem to be from this weekend in the midwest (wisconsin, illinois, ohio, etc...), i'm about to go hit a couple TRUs to see what i can find. Definitely need at least the Iron Man/Silver Surfer/Daredevil set. Possibly the army-builders (even though i'm unlikely to army build). I think i can pass on the Spider-Man set though, was never a fan of that cartoon and Firestar is not even a real character.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#103 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:12 AM

I think i can pass on the Spider-Man set though, was never a fan of that cartoon and Firestar is not even a real character.

IS TOO!!! :lol: :cry: :p

http://marvel.com/universe/Firestar

:D

Posted Image

#104 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

I think i can pass on the Spider-Man set though, was never a fan of that cartoon and Firestar is not even a real character.

IS TOO!!! :cry: :p :D

Okay well the point is i still don't even care about Firestar. :lol:

Just got back from both TRU stores in my area. No MU 3-packs yet, but i DID find the TRU/Internet exclusive DCUC 2-packs of Superman/Brainiac and Batman/Clayface. Sooo..that's pretty awesome in and of itself. Been waiting like 2 years to get my hands on this Clayface. I didn't even know they'd hit retail yet, so it was a nice surprise. I'll be hitting up TRU throughout the week though, just to be on the safe side.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#105 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

I called mine before going out of the way to make the trip. They said they didn't have them yet. I'll probably go that way this Wednesday, and I may even hit the other side of my Toy Hunt map...check a few K-marts and Targets for some clearance deals. :lol:

Posted Image

#106 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

IS TOO!!! :cry: :p :D

Okay well the point is i still don't even care about Firestar. :lol:

Just got back from both TRU stores in my area. No MU 3-packs yet, but i DID find the TRU/Internet exclusive DCUC 2-packs of Superman/Brainiac and Batman/Clayface. Sooo..that's pretty awesome in and of itself. Been waiting like 2 years to get my hands on this Clayface. I didn't even know they'd hit retail yet, so it was a nice surprise. I'll be hitting up TRU throughout the week though, just to be on the safe side.

i used to watch spidey and friends in the morning, but when it was on in my area i was too young to fully appreciate it. i was mostly watching it until a better cartoon came on. so i'll prolly pass on that particular set as well. and in spite of what marvel may say, firestar isn't much of a character.

i would love to see pics of that clayface though. if it's half as cool as some of the other dc universe toys i've seen it's got to be gang busters.

#107 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

C'mon guys, she was a member of the New Warriors. Does this mean I get a Speedball figure :lol:

#108 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

i was thinking about obscure and/or difficult to represent characters. i'd like to see them try and get chamber right. anyone else have any thoughts on this?

#109 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

Rocket Raccoon. And......what's the "Living Planet's name?

#110 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

ego the living planet. that would be cool as a supersize special set.

EDIT: also, how about an eternity figure.

Edited by dankingery, 19 July 2009 - 06:53 PM.

#111 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, Ego. I would like to see a Death and Thanos 2 pack.

#112 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

well, if we're talking abut who we'd like to see. i want a four horsemen 4-pack, apocalypse, juggernaut, thanos, blackheart and about a million others. :)

#113 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

Tomb of Dracula pack!

#114 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:26 AM

I'd like to see tons of characters, but some that would make me be like "WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY MADE THEM!!!"

Dakota North
Rocket Raccoon
Le Peregrine (lame guy, but it would be very interesting)
Balder
scourge (any and all, the hero/villain killer)
Warlock
Jack O' Lantern
Devil Dinosaur/Moon boy

Gosh so many more!

But how many figures do you think Hasbro will be able to drill out till they call it quits? How long has Legends been out? 2001? Well say they are able to do 50 figures a year for 8 years...that's 400 figures? Not even a tenth. :)

And how many Spidermans, Ironmans, Hulks, and Wolverine figs do you think there would be???

Posted Image

#115 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:24 AM

My wish list includes
Cloak and Dagger (especially a Cloak after seeing Moon Knight)
Vision
Speedball
White Tiger
Carrion
Enchantress
Taskmaster
Purple Man
Serpent Society (at least a three pack, Diamondback for sure, Sidwinder would be a good choice, maybe Anaconda)
Warriors Three (another great three pack idea)
and finally Wood God

#116 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:27 AM

:( ;) :o :o

Hasbro Loves us! They really love us! :D And our money apparently.

All these Images are from Toyark.com Guess they got some early bird shots in while the show was being set up.

Secret Wars - Seriously....is there anything in here that you can't love? Even any repacks are worth the other figures presence!

Attached File  SecretWars1.jpg   383.79K   14 downloadsAttached File  SecretWars2.jpg   445.31K   17 downloads
Attached File  CyclopsHulk.jpg   366.91K   12 downloadsAttached File  CyclopsHulk_back.jpg   275.96K   10 downloads
Attached File  IronmanSpiderwoman.jpg   362.96K   7 downloadsAttached File  IronmanSpiderwoman_back.jpg   316.26K   2 downloadspg]
Attached File  TorchWolverine.jpg   354.42K   5 downloadsAttached File  TorchWolverine_back.jpg   327.62K   6 downloads
Attached File  HawkeyeWrecking.jpg   314.02K   14 downloadsAttached File  HawkeyeWrecking2.jpg   351.86K   13 downloads
Attached File  FantasticUltron.jpg   292.78K   17 downloadsAttached File  ThorEnchantress.jpg   342.62K   17 downloads

Sneak Peeks at Wave 6????

Attached File  JeanGrey.jpg   290.05K   12 downloadsAttached File  Sunfire.jpg   296.99K   13 downloadsAttached File  Vision.jpg   311.28K   15 downloadsision.jpg]Attached File  Warpath.jpg   308.63K   20 downloads

Wave 5 for sale at the con????

Attached File  Guardian1.jpg   275.79K   7 downloadsAttached File  SilverCenturion.jpg   301.17K   20 downloads
Attached File  Wave5forsale.jpg   293.39K   6 downloads

I think I just S#*t a brick made of Gold! Guess I'll be mailing that to Hasbro. :lol:

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 22 July 2009 - 12:29 AM.

Posted Image

#117 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:37 AM

I...wow. I'm actually a little speechless. So many of those figures look completely amazing. Bring 'em on!!

Is that Secret Wars Hulk just a straight up repaint or does it have a new head? I don't have the single-carded version, but his face looks different somehow.

With the exception of that Classic Iron Man that looks just like the one i have, my number of duplicates from this Secret Wars line will be absolutely zero!! This pleases me.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#118 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:06 AM

Is that Secret Wars Hulk just a straight up repaint or does it have a new head? I don't have the single-carded version, but his face looks different somehow.

Oh, that is most certainly a new head on Hulk, and an excellently-done sculpt at that. Compared to this one, Hasbro should be ashamed of their original head sculpt for him and Gray Hulk.

The single figures presented loo great, the Secret Wars sets look even better, and it looks like Hasbro's got nearly every concern about the line - too few females and villains, Mr. Fantastic, more X-Force and Avengers, more mutants - covered.

Can't wait to see what we'll get for X-Men Origins and Iron Man 2!

#119 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

If all these Secret Wars packs actually come out on time, are possible to find at retail, etc, i'm already confident in calling this line better than Marvel Legends. Just for the record.

I mean we're already getting the Wrecking Crew. And Enchantress. And a Jim Lee-era Jean Grey!! And that Ultron blows the ridiculous ML Ultron out of the water.

And Secret Wars might not be the deepest story around, but we are getting a full year-long story arc of comics instead of just random issues. That adds quite a bit of value to these two-packs, in my opinion.

I'm really excited right now. These things went from a two-figure impulse buy to quite possibly my favorite toyline of this year.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#120 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

I agree! There is not a single set of these Secret Wars packs I don't like, and the new Hulk head sculpt is just amazing! I can only hope that retail orders enough of these to go around. I will be so Pissed if I can't find them all! :(

OH! And someone on another board pointed out that House of M Spider-man beside Silver Centurion Iron Man! I knew he looked different, but thought it was the wave 5 spidey...but I think he is in the back of the pic with Sunfire.

Really, it looks as if Hasbro will be keeping us on our toes and constantly surprising us as this line progresses. :lol:

Posted Image

#121 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

looks like the new hulk is also double fisting it as opposed to the fist & open hand of the original. the new head sculpt is by far the best of them all. and it's not even a close race. the new one murders.

if these aren't all over the stores i'm going to be pissed. must have complete run.

#122 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

So you guys got any guesses on the last set of Secret Wars packs? There is still like 20+ possible characters! :p All who deserve a figure. So I'm kind of sad that they elected to repack some figures in the other packs as opposed to going with unmade characters.

I'm sure they will do them all eventually separately, but only 6 will get a shot. I'm almost positive about Doom being in one of the packs. After all a close inspection of Ultron reveals a very familiar look in the arms and legs. ;)

Seeing that Titania and Volcana's first appearances were in the Secret Wars, it would only make sense that they would be honored for 2 slots...plus they could essentially use the same body type, hopefully a new Large Female body. And you can't have a complete Wrecking Crew without the other 2, Wrecker, Bulldozer, plus they would make a great Thor Battle scene. :pinch: I feel that the majority of the X-men could do just fine on their own in future waves. As well as some of the villains who have been regular Avenger or Spiderman villains.

So Captain-Marvell or She Hulk would be one of my last choices. Marvell could use the basic Female body, and She Hulk could potentially use the same body as Titania and Volcana. :p Dangit I hope Hasbro does the right thing. I've been admiring the new photos all day. I can't wait to have all these guys!

Posted Image

#123 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

I forget...is Beyonder in issue 12 or just in Secret Wars II. You know the dude with curly hair and white suit?

#124 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

If I remember correctly he only fully appeared in II.

Posted Image

#125 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:37 AM

Better shots of the Spideys.

Attached File  BlackRedSpidey.jpg   136.74K   7 downloadsAttached File  HoMSpidey.jpg   152.14K   6 downloads

House of M Spiderman just looks awesome! I can't wait to own one. I really dig his Web Pouch accessory.

Pics are from http://photos.action...p...4466&page=1

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com