8 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderLips

ThunderLips

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:19 PM

I was searching google pics of toys from my childhood and I came across the battle beasts. No word of a lie I gasped, fond memories came back to me and I immediately started saving every pic of them I could find. Next step was to go to Amazon and eBay to purchase a lot if available... It was but too expensive for champ. But I will get a killer carp if I can find one. He was always my favourite. Anyone have one for sale? ;)
Also as I was searching on Amazon I came across some newer looking ones (not as cool) does anyone know if they have a killer carp version?
Anyways I'm very happy to find this place and look forward to creeping through the forums while at work.

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

You'll be very pleased with all of the stuff that is available to browse here on the boards! Lots of us remember, and there are also newbies to the hobby as well, of course.

Fortunately enough for you, Killer Carp is certainly one of the more inexpensive and more readily available figures. You should have no problem tracking one down on here.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:10 PM

I still remember when i found out about the rest of the Battle Beasts toyline.I only had about a dozen and a half of them as a kid ,a couple laser beasts and the shark playset from garage sailing. 

It was pure nostalgia, i used to call them square tummies back in the day when there wasn't no internet to find out about them.Hands down my favorite toy as a kid.

Edited by 108KickBack, 10 July 2015 - 09:10 PM.

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:09 AM

Also as I was searching on Amazon I came across some newer looking ones (not as cool) does anyone know if they have a killer carp version?

there wasn't a direct adaptation of Killer Carp (J:Killer Fish) for Beast Saga, though they did make a number of sea creatures for the "Sea Death" tribe. Here is the first starter pack: 

100_5358_zps20bbcaf3.jpg

I actually have a spare set of these guys still in the box as well as an extra loose Pirazon (Pirahnna, on the far right) if you're interested. I'd say he's probably the closest Beast Saga came to remaking Killer Carp. They also aren't expensive. Agree that they aren't as cool, but they're 100% an homage to the originals and they do have their own charm that's not as obvious until you get them in-hand. I didn't care for them as much as first but now I have everything they released ;)

Edited by bachamn, 11 July 2015 - 09:12 AM.

#5 ThunderLips

ThunderLips

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:26 AM

I just finished watching some reviews on the beast saga collection on YouTube actually and I agree with you that the piranha is pretty neat. I wish they had either the hologram or the laser beast thing though instead of a dice launcher. I don't think I'll purchase any just yet. I'm going to try and get my grubby mitts on some original battle beasts and laser beasts first, but thank you :) also I have mentioned to family members that I would like to start collecting these for my son.... Just like I got him a light up version of the uss enterprise d which sits on my night stand :p

#6 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

I just finished watching some reviews on the beast saga collection on YouTube actually and I agree with you that the piranha is pretty neat. I wish they had either the hologram or the laser beast thing though instead of a dice launcher. I don't think I'll purchase any just yet. I'm going to try and get my grubby mitts on some original battle beasts and laser beasts first, but thank you :) also I have mentioned to family members that I would like to start collecting these for my son.... Just like I got him a light up version of the uss enterprise d which sits on my night stand :p

I've got a few spare Beasts, man.   Nothing amazing or rare, just cool figures, if you are interested.

Also, welcome to the site.   :)

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#7 ThunderLips

ThunderLips

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

Absolutely I'm interested. Rarest don't mean anything to me yet since my collection is 1 laser beast being shipped. Gatta start somewhere. Man I wish I could tell my younger self to hold on to toys. I'll pm you :)

#8 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:25 PM

Absolutely I'm interested. Rarest don't mean anything to me yet since my collection is 1 laser beast being shipped. Gatta start somewhere. Man I wish I could tell my younger self to hold on to toys. I'll pm you :)

I have that same thought at times, ThunderLips. But if all of us had such an ability it's likely that an excellent community like LRG wouldn't exist today, so I say all is well that ends well.

#9 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

I think a lot of people in all areas vintage toy hobby feel the same haha.
But welcome and you will find pretty much everything you need to know within reason on the Beastformers,Laser Beast and Beast Saga lines here.

bbb3.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com