Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Laser Beasts Prices Have Gotten Very Hot!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 yaggi482

yaggi482

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

Does anyone believe the prices Laser Beasts have been going for in recent weeks and months! :shok: Seems like most prices have doubled or tripled recently. The standard US Laser Beasts are going for $35-$45 when they used to be under $25-$30. Japanese Laser Beasts like Killer Hound or Battle Fennec recently sold for $122 and $192 respectively. These typically did not go over $100 until recently. The most shocking auctions I saw recently were for the grey and maroon battle shield sleds....One went for $109 and the other went for $202!!!!! These are normally $40-$60 pieces. What is going on? Good thing I already own all these pieces and if I needed the money I would be very tempted to sell my collection for quadruple the price I paid, but I just like them waaaayyyy too much to part with them! :woot: Very tough and EXPENSIVE to be a collector right now.

Edited by yaggi482, 15 May 2011 - 09:20 AM.

#2 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

just another high point, they always go in waves every few years and summer often shows some of the higher prices for some reason
I remember a few years ago seeing several skull grotess going for around $250 or 300 and a few months later seeing them at 105 115
last summer the greek prices averaged about 55 a piece and now they seem to be half that
supply and demand plus new collectors who are overly ambitious thats all

#3 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

Yea but it really seems to depend on the piece though, why just the other day I saw a blue drill go for $600 so some prices are way down as well :p
-Barry

#4 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

I think its the fact ebay has been very dry on high end Laser Beasts since last October/November.

#5 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

Yea but it really seems to depend on the piece though, why just the other day I saw a blue drill go for $600 so some prices are way down as well :p
-Barry

haha where was I for that? wow!

#6 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

haha where was I for that? wow!

It's a long story now playing in the junkyard, matinee at 4pm, evening showings at 8 and 11 all weekend! :lol:
-Barry

#7 Hydra

Hydra

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

-Barry

Don't rub it in. :closedeyes:

But seriously, I think it's natural for beast prices to go up a certain amount in all this time. Actually, even if they had stayed the same, the dollar is worth like 20% internationally. So, if Beast prices were 20% more, that'd be effectively the same price (to sellers) as it was 3 years ago. Unless the transaction is purely viewed in yen, that changes things right there.

Seriously, when was the last tiem the guide was updated? 2008?

Edited by Hydra, 15 May 2011 - 04:54 PM.

#8 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

But seriously, I think it's natural for beast prices to go up a certain amount in all this time. Actually, even if they had stayed the same, the dollar is worth like 20% internationally. So, if Beast prices were 20% more, that'd be effectively the same price (to sellers) as it was 3 years ago. Unless the transaction is purely viewed in yen, that changes things right there.

Haha just busting your chops mate! Besides with how far above average the rest of those auctions sold for, you closed a decent bit of the gap on the drill so all in all I'm sure you still made out pretty well! :D Still wishing the auction would have played out so we could at least have a better baseline of its value. I know the only other one I've actually seen for sale went for about $1200 but that was before I was involved enough in collecting this line to drop that much on one item and that was about 4 or 5 years ago. It seems most of the top $ spenders today (the group that shoots for those rare high value items) are a completely different group of guys from back then so it would have been an interesting shootout for sure. For now though we can say that the average sale on the Blue Drill at least for as long as I've been collecting is now $900. I see based on the guide though that there have apparently been at least 2 of them that also sold for cheap on eBay back in the day.
-Barry

#9 BigSerow

BigSerow

Hey babe, I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts, Minimates and Kre-O Transformers

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

I also think these prices reflect how few of these guys are on ebay. Just how many strong hurricanes, grencats and battle fennecs have even been on ebay in the past few years anyway? I have only seen one battle fennec in the past year and a half, but I'm not always around, sometimes for months :p
So maybe thats why all the fuss. I think its awesome to see these guys going for so much, maybe we'll be seeing more soon.

#10 Chicken Holiday

Chicken Holiday

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:None, I am "The World's Most Boring Man."

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

Every time I get a new laserbeast I take the little bit of effort to enter the price into the price guide (I'm assuming you are referring to the one on this site.) Most of those prices unfortunately represent a bygone time. I won the strong hurricane this weekend on ebay and entered it. I won it for $110 if I remember correctly. That caused the price to go from $66 to $69.

I was also bidding on the shieldless Grencats and was leading up until the last minute with $50. He sold for around $200! LBs are much less frequent than a few years ago but some of these auctions are just downright wacky!

#11 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

jesus, i sold my grencats for $90 with shield. of course that was a year and a half ago.

#12 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

I don't think the prices are that high.
You have a circumstance here where a few ebayers overbid on sleds+Grencats.
Happens with all toylines. Someone over pays for a auction.

The Laser Beasts values seem to be settling around $120-$240 each.

#13 Chicken Holiday

Chicken Holiday

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:None, I am "The World's Most Boring Man."

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

I don't think the prices are that high.
You have a circumstance here where a few ebayers overbid on sleds+Grencats.
Happens with all toylines. Someone over pays for a auction.

The Laser Beasts values seem to be settling around $120-$240 each.

gray sled: $202.50
red sled: $109.50
grencats (-shield): $210.27
mantfrenzy: $130.27

Except for the mantfrenzy and my hurricane I think those are pretty high. I'm not complaining but... OK I am and I'm thinking of the time of when I could've had them for under $100 but didn't because I was unemployed at the time. Those auctions were all won by different bidders and it's been happening for a while now on the occasions the few high end LBs are listed.

It's not fair Mom, I want them and I want them cheap!

#14 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

Your going to need to start a new topic on Laser Beasts Collector Cards are Hot.
Those prices on the cards put the prices for the LBs themselves to shame.

#15 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

gray sled: $202.50
red sled: $109.50
grencats (-shield): $210.27
mantfrenzy: $130.27

Except for the mantfrenzy and my hurricane I think those are pretty high. I'm not complaining but... OK I am and I'm thinking of the time of when I could've had them for under $100 but didn't because I was unemployed at the time. Those auctions were all won by different bidders and it's been happening for a while now on the occasions the few high end LBs are listed.

It's not fair Mom, I want them and I want them cheap!

It shows the current generation of new collectors do not have the capital of the past generation
when you have every item being won buy seperate buyers.

#16 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

Your going to need to start a new topic on Laser Beasts Collector Cards are Hot.
Those prices on the cards put the prices for the LBs themselves to shame.

Some of those cards are selling cheaper than I have seen in the past. Good deals to be had still.

#17 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

just another high point, they always go in waves every few years and summer often shows some of the higher prices for some reason
I remember a few years ago seeing several skull grotess going for around $250 or 300 and a few months later seeing them at 105 115
last summer the greek prices averaged about 55 a piece and now they seem to be half that
supply and demand plus new collectors who are overly ambitious thats all

Im not a overly ambitious new collector am I ? :sad4:

#18 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

So I am sure many of you have seen these? The Three Boxed LB Chariots, SLag King, Dino Gator, & Sky Bat.
Slag king
Dino Gator
Sky Bat

Right now at $461 Slag, $405 Dino Gator, $405 Skybat. With a few hours left. I have never seen one sell for more than $200. Not to mention the boxes have been flattened. There is no tray/carton to hold the figures inside. No cards. Someone has been waiting for these for a long time it looks like. Almost makes me want to sell mine if I could get that much out of it. But then I may have to rebuy at that price. >-<

#19 oj2002

oj2002

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

[quote name='SaltLakeToyJunkee' timestamp='1306595023' post='309511']
So I am sure many of you have seen these? The Three Boxed LB Chariots, SLag King, Dino Gator, & Sky Bat.
Slag king
Dino Gator
Sky Bat

it's so horrible!

#20 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

Slag king
Dino Gator
Sky Bat

Right now at $461 Slag, $405 Dino Gator, $405 Skybat. With a few hours left. I have never seen one sell for more than $200. Not to mention the boxes have been flattened. There is no tray/carton to hold the figures inside. No cards. Someone has been waiting for these for a long time it looks like. Almost makes me want to sell mine if I could get that much out of it. But then I may have to rebuy at that price. >-<

Not to mention the seller states he kept these in direct sunlight with the Buzzsaw being discolored.

I think the high bidder may be over paying for these.

Edited by Toxoviper, 28 May 2011 - 07:26 AM.

#21 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

Not to mention the seller states he kept these in direct sunlight with the Buzzsaw being discolored.

I think the high bidder may be over paying for these.

Two+ times overpaid. Didnt even realize the discoloration. That makes it even worse.

#22 BigSerow

BigSerow

Hey babe, I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts, Minimates and Kre-O Transformers

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

This is getting way outta hand, really ridiculous to me. I really can't understand who has this kind of capital for old discolored toys from 1988? What are they even going to do with them once they get 'em for that price, put them in a box, so they don't get dusty, and more discolored?? I'm glad to hear they used to sell for around 200 that makes way more sense to me. Prices lately have made it impossible for anyone with out sick paying jobs to just sit back and watch. Also kinda crazy how many different bidders there are on these auctions, who are these people so I can smack some sense into them.

#23 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

These prices are insane. I purchased my misb Skybat around 2003 for $35 shipped.

Edited by CuttleFishforsale, 28 May 2011 - 08:52 AM.

#24 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

I think I paid around $125 for each of my MIB in 2006-2007. Oh the good ol days.

#25 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

Shill bidding on the Chariots ?
The same buyer with private bidding bid up all 5 auction.
After the Savanna showed the (70)rated bidder bid $518, the (private)shill bidder bid $517 on the other two auctions.
Edit - Doesent matter because two other bidders still out bid the high bidders $518.00.

Who bought those chariots ?

Edited by Toxoviper, 28 May 2011 - 10:45 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com