10 replies to this topic

#1 warweasel64

warweasel64

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:00 AM

I posted this in the "what it's worth" on Friday night and haven't gotten any responses. Just wanted to put it in here for a little bit to see if I can get some help. I understand if you need to move it.  Thanks

I am talking to some one about buying a couple carded Bestias de Combate. Does anybody know the price for ones in good condition. Also the price in this condition. These are not in the best condition. The bubble is coming off a little from the glue drying out, the back is seperating on one, and there is a rip in one of the bubbles. I am not a high end collector so I am not too worried about it, just want to make sure I am paying a good price. Thanks for yalls help.

13516305_1532536483428523_20507150713209

#2 Spiritcrusher

Spiritcrusher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

I have seen these sell on ebay anywhere from $40 to $60 by auction. Of course, you will see the sellers that have them for a ridiculous Buy It Now price of $300 give or take, and no one ever buys them because that's not what they are worth.

#3 warweasel64

warweasel64

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:45 AM

So in this condition about 40-60? Thanks

Also, for my own knowledge, why do the Canadian cards go for so much? I have seen them lately 200-600 dollars. Why are they more valuable than cards from other countries. Or is that not the case? Thanks

#4 Spiritcrusher

Spiritcrusher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:53 AM

Those are the same 2 carded sets a guy was asking about on the Facebook Battle Beast page. He was told they are only worth $40 to $50.

As far as cards from different countries, it just depends on condition and rarity and availability at any given time.

The figures themselves are only worth $10 to $20. How much extra value someone puts on the cards is personal preference.

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:26 AM

This is not completely true because we´re not talking common US/UK carded BB here but the Spanish version aka Bestias de Combate (BDC).

Spain, unlike any other country, produced their own Beasts resulting in some slight (tone/marking) differences compared to all the BB we know out there so that makes these genuine BDC (28 Beasts since they only had Series 1) quite unique in their appearance and they don´t show up very often loose let alone on card. Carded BB with foreign languages are known to go for higher prices than the standard English ones which range from $50-$100 while most of the foreign carded ones often hit quite a bit more depending on condition. So there´s a few things that add up to the price here because the BDC cards, unlike the other cards from any country, are not only in a ¨odd¨ language they also contain Beasts that´re a bit of and harder to find. Even in this condition $40-60 would be more than a good price considering all this but I´d say a price of $75-125/each would be more realistic knowing were talking about BDC cards which in good condition could easily hit way over $200 for those who know what we´re talking about.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

the good thing is that the backcard are present, it's not often with the BDC.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#7 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:12 PM

Were the BDC figs always packaged with incorrect weapons?

#8 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

the good thing is that the backcard are present, it's not often with the BDC.

Good point, it´s indeed true that the glue that´s been used to attach the back and front of the card together for the Spanish ones wasn´t that good because I´ve seen quite a few of them show up without the backside and the ones that did show up with the backside still attached were often about the fall off. So if they´d still have the backside attached that´s a plus as well.

Were the BDC figs always packaged with incorrect weapons?

Most of the carded BB in the European countries came with the wrong weapons included, this is confirmed for (Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands and if I´m correct also for France) so somehow there´s less control over the composition of these cards for the European market because the US ones were pretty spot on with including the correct weapons. This is something we´ve also seen amongst some of the later released Beasts in the single boxes in Japan so you´d almost say its been more like a tactical move in order to stimulate trading in order to get your Beast completed with the correct weapon!? It´s to bad we just don´t have a proper insight in this and its mainly only based upon speculation why this happened.....

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#9 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:53 AM

I think in Benelux ( packages with the 2 names BB/Dragonautes) there were blisters with wrong weapons, bur others with the good ones, maybe there were 2 waves. In France, i'm not sure, i think Dragonautes had the good weapons, but maybe there were the wrong ones at the beginning of serie 1. i'll check mine tonight.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#10 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

Good point, it´s indeed true that the glue that´s been used to attach the back and front of the card together for the Spanish ones wasn´t that good because I´ve seen quite a few of them show up without the backside and the ones that did show up with the backside still attached were often about the fall off. So if they´d still have the backside attached that´s a plus as well.

I think it's important to note that the glue was intentionally of a lower quality so that the backs could be peeled off and mailed away.

#11 yaggi482

yaggi482

Serious Collector

• 460 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:47 PM

Agreed. These are worth way more than $60. US versions are much more common and those go for $75 or more now.

I bought a few of the carded BDC about 10 years ago for $75 from France. I'd bet they go for $200 or more in good shape now.

Edited by yaggi482, 12 September 2016 - 06:49 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com