Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Custom SD set location of missing piece..... Help needed!

Battle beast laser beast.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

Hey guys I took down this Battle Beast SD set on ebay about 4 years ago I remember it being a terrible bidding war that ended up costing me a chunk of change.

The seller had mentioned that the spider was missing from the set.

To cut a long story short I'm trying to locate the missing MB custom SD spider.

Any infomation would be great. Or any infomation on the artist that made these would be great as well.

Hoping to unite the spider with his family.

Some added infomation I also remember seeing a greenish set of these customs at one point,
If anybody has a photo of these post away.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Edited by retroactive80z, 30 January 2015 - 07:29 PM.

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

Wel I´ve traced a lot of tracks and found a lot of figures but this is a serious and complete absence of any sort of lead because in the end you´ve bought a set 4 years ago with one missing figure and that´s all you got!? No names or contact details left from the seller back in the days or other clues other than a picture showing the missing piece?

If I´d to take a guess my points would go to eaten by a dog or the vacuum-cleaner.....

Since it simply doesn´t make any sense even considering it might have been sold loose so I would be seriously surprised to see someone step forward telling he or she has the exact same style custom made SD Spider.

Srry...

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

I was the seller but unfortunately I also bought them from eBay sans the spider about 2-3 years before I sold them. What I can add though is that TheGodBeast was their creator. For a while he was custom making sets for I believe $300-400 per set in any color or colors you wanted besides the original three but that was ages ago and because the figures are so small and detailed, I believe the molds tore up after just a few castings. I have another complete set in some brighter colors that I'll snap a pic of if I can find them.

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

I would love to Cast up a set in rubber, I only have a handful of originals myself.

someone had a set they were going to lend me at the beginning of last year, but they disappeared before lending the set to me to cast up. If anybody wants to lend me a set they will get a set of their color choosing for free.

Edited by Ericnilla, 30 January 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#5 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

Eric I will be up for helping you with this project.
I have a army of SD beasts now. There like gremlins just keep multiplying.

Yes Barry it was you I bought these from and I was very happy with them and still am. Just thought it was worth s shot in the dark to try and find the missing piece.
Barry please post a photo of your set would love to see it.

GJ maybe this piece is above your detective limits lol but hopefully we can find out what happened to him.

P.s sorry for the non rotated photo.

#6 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

I've been speaking to Marty the Godbeast and he sold this set as complete set to the origanl owner before Barry.

It would be great to find out who the origanl owner was which is the next step to tracking down this missing piece.

#7 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

I wonder if it was one of the older collectors that aren't around anymore, like Roland or CCVegita

#8 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:23 PM

Yea there's a fair few people who have been and gone in the past 6 years since I started collecting. All ways a shame to see them go but happy to see new collectors take there place.

Maybe this little guy will Pop up one day.

#9 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

They were my figures that Marty used to make the casts. I have a full set in white if someone wants to make an offer on it. Plus I have like 60 or so SDs, 95% with weapons, some of them still attached.

Ironically I have a custom red spider sd I got off eBay like 7 years ago... if you are interested LMK.
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#10 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:08 PM

Random custom sd spider (not a GB custom)

Attached Files

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#11 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:31 PM

Ha ha that's pritty funny, he's a cute little fellow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battle beast laser beast.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com