• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 12 March 2003 - 06:27 AM

Shesh your gone for a day and the whole muscle world goes crazy.

Will probably be makeing a trip to the local target shortly.

Wonder how many figures will be from chars we haven't even seen yet on the show. I noticed a couple in the pics that were posted.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#52 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 08:12 AM

I agree Tortle, but CLEAR RED AND BLUE MUSCLES STILL RULE!

Yeah, the clear figures are really cool. But I would have only bought a few of them if I had known the future assortments would have the same molds. Also, that makes the new figures seem repetitive, since I already have the CCG versions.

Hm... I wonder if Bandai is running out of molds for the figures, and that's why it's resorting to putting the CCG figs in the new assortments, and rereleasing some of the old sculpts.

-Nathan

#53 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 09:02 AM

I can't say I'm thrilled with Bandai releasing the CCG figures in a 40 set package of figures for two reasons. First, I would not have wasted my money getting the CCG figures with the cards since I don't care about the cards. Second, now that I already have the CCG figures, it makes the new set of figures more repetitive.

It does seem as if Bandai did not make that many different molds since we are going to be seeing many duplicate figures. I guess they are relying on people wanting several different colors of the same mold rather than different molds but fewer colors per mold.

#54 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 09:37 AM

Nice! That flesh Mantaro is the same as the pewter Bandai Toy Fair 2003 exclusive. The Scar Face molds ROCK!

Front paged again Somnus, thanks!!!!

#55 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 11:30 AM

Well, I went to K-mart to check on these(hopefull and all), and took a look... I saw three rows of four in a line!

I looked... and they were all (1)(2)(3)(4) in a row, three rows deep. Just like I left them... three months ago.

However,it does seem that they sold most of the packs for some odd reason, and got another half-case. Unfortunatly, that half-case was entirly red, as I found out via making half of them non-mint packages.

:lol:
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#56 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 11:59 AM

well maybe since noone else has seen them, maybe they arent supposed to be released yet. His store may have gotten the shipment in early, and placed them out.

But I'll still tale a look over at my Meijer's later on tonight.

Posted Image

#57 Akuma Shogun

Akuma Shogun

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:10 PM

Sweet! I live in north Toledo, about 30 minutes from Monroe, MI. Assuming there aren't more than a few meijer up there, I'm gonna have to pick up those figures this week!! I'll get some scans posted as soon as i do

There is only one Meijer in Monroe, it's on Telegraph and easy to find. Incidentally, I work at the Meijer in Woodhaven, but have been off since Somnus got his two packs, so I don't know if we have them yet. I can let everyone know on friday morning.

By the way, the DMP Kevin mask still rocks!

#58 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:24 PM

i've got a buddy who works at a meijer here in town... and series 5-8 fell off of the back of the truck, if you know what i mean... :lol:

yeah, there is kid muscle doing the inverted kinnikubuster! in fact, i was excited... there seemed to be more fleshies (blocken jr!) in this assortment, and there was only one 'true double'... kid muscle doing the inverted kinnikubuster.
but they did jade more justice this time...

the cards that came with it were from the first series though...

i'm interested in seeing how the next card set's figures go, next time around...

(and there were none of the painted legends figures, they had on the commercial... i think those, if released will be done separate.)

#59 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:27 PM

how about if they release the legends in their old packs. well not really, but something that looks very similar.

Posted Image

#60 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:40 PM

knowing how bandai operates, they will either release them, exactly like they did over in japan, or in a big boxed set... like 20-40 pieces or something.
but i don't see them NOT releasing it, if they went through the trouble of setting all of those figures up for a commercial. especially when they had the next set waiting in the wings...

#61 Guest_XMuscleMAn_*

Guest_XMuscleMAn_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2003 - 01:18 PM

This 5-8 news makes me happy :angry:

#62 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 02:53 PM

This 5-8 news makes me happy B)

I'll second that notion. B)

I am quite impreseed with the new G2 figure sculpts. :angry:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#63 ApplianceMan

ApplianceMan

Always on Liquify

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 05:22 PM

A couple of them look okay, but I think 9-12 will be better. I really don't like the main characters and have no desire for eleven versions of Eskara or Jade (or whatever of his dozen names is the official one).

Not to sound like a party pooper, but where are all the weird wrestlers like the soccer ball guy and the urn? I think I was right when I said there weren't enough characters to keep the line going... at least not without five versions of each figure, and duplicate posed sets (what's up with that?).

It's kind of a bummer when there are six unwanted figures for each series I buy (the posed sets and the color figures). Other people may complain about all the Kid Muscles, but I feel just the same about the color figures being duplicates of solids, and of all the Jades and Kevin Masks. Sure, the old series had a million King Muscle poses, but for every one of those there were a handful of "Unusual Creatures" lurking right behind.

I'm getting the rest of the first wave tomorrow, but at the moment, my favorite is (ironically) Terryman... because it's too funny to see this normal guy in amongst all these aliens trying to look cool by flexing his muscles. And he IS cool, because of that detailed hair sculpt... unlike Jade who has to wear a bicycle helmet. :)

#64 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 08:06 PM

I am quite impreseed with the new G2 figure sculpts.

Actually, that reminds me of something I was thinking about... Looking at the G2 figure sculpts, you can see that they're very detailed. If you put them next to vintage MUSCLEs, the advancement of the sculpting detail is obvious (especially with a figure like Kevin Mask). Now, if/when they rerelease Kinkeshi along with the new line, aren't the Kinkeshi figures going to look like they're out of place with the G2 figures? Especially since they have different proportions!

Anyway, just some thoughts...

-Nathan

#65 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 08:21 PM

that's a very good point, but with some characters (meat and doc nakano for example) they'll be able to get away with it.

#66 ApplianceMan

ApplianceMan

Always on Liquify

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 08:59 PM

People, the chance of them re-releasing the Japanese Kinkeshi repaint three packs are about as likely as Burger King having an Kramer Vs. Kramer activity book with every Whopper. Even when the original He-Man line got a re-release box set, it was only for collectors at a price that would make your grandmother rise from the grave and marry a chihuahua. I'm sure every toy company in the world could re-release toys to unsuspecting children and collectors alike for a quick buck, but there must be a reason they don't. Face it, Bandai and the production company they hired really screwed up showing un-purchasable figures in that UM commercial. But then false advertising is pretty commonplace, or we'd all be filing lawsuits because Levi's don't make our legs stretch like Plastic Man and our SUVs can't tow an aircraft carrier. Can someone please check and see if that ad had a disclaimer saying "figures may vary from those shown"?

Now what I wanna know is whether they changed the back of the Ultimate Muscle packages for the new wave or are they still releasing "all 60" of the 39 characters pictured???

#67 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 09:06 PM

check this out

http://www.meijer.co...age=&fsi=&page=
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#68 GermanNinja131

GermanNinja131

M.U.S.C.L.E Hunter/ Ninja for hire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 03:03 AM

Its funny, i know my walmart has the new run, cuz my friend that works there checked the stock boxes. but they wont put them out untill they get rid of the stuff on the shelves, and they are full, and i mean FULL of the first wave stuff.
"Check this out! German Ninjutsu Disguise!"-Schwartz Bruder

#69 GermanNinja131

GermanNinja131

M.U.S.C.L.E Hunter/ Ninja for hire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 03:06 AM

To the dude that got some of the new wave, was there ay ew 6.5's around?
"Check this out! German Ninjutsu Disguise!"-Schwartz Bruder

#70 Guest_XMuscleMAn_*

Guest_XMuscleMAn_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2003 - 06:42 AM

I just got a series 7 package, it's pretty, neat, but I wish more new sculpts were out!

:wacko:

#71 Guest_XMuscleMAn_*

Guest_XMuscleMAn_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2003 - 06:43 AM

Yea, I saw a WALLY action figure! :wacko:

Seems as though series two of the 6.5's is here, if he's in it!

#72 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 13 March 2003 - 07:28 AM

Dangit. I am going to have even less money now. why couldn't the new 6.5" be put out in a month or two arg.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#73 ApplianceMan

ApplianceMan

Always on Liquify

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 09:49 AM

why couldn't the new 6.5" be put out in a month or two arg.

I'm thinking this stuff IS supposed to be out in a month or two. But that doesn't stop certain stores from selling them early. I guess you could blame Bandai for shipping early. I doubt most of us will get a chance at the new waves till the middle of next month at the earliest. Remember how long it was between mass findings and the first Ultimate Muscle sighting. When you guys rushed out late last year, none of you found anything!

#74 ShonenZunk

ShonenZunk

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:07 AM

hey, i picked up series 6 and 8 and got silvers in both packs. quite impressive

#75 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:13 AM

No such luck for me. The Target close to my house had a little stock left over from series 1-4. I went to one Wal-mart near me and they had tons of stock left over from series 1-4. The other Wal-mart near me had absolutely no UM toys at all.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com