Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

If a flesh M.u.s.c.l.e. were to become a class A, who would it be?

muscle M.u.s.c.l.e. mattel

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 greyeagle06

greyeagle06

Excited for Princess Peach Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:All things Nintendo, Mega Man, Pokemon, Sonic the hedghog, M.u.s.c.l.e., Jim Henson, Lego Ninjago, Bionicle, Star Wars, (Some) Disney, G.I. Joe, Food and Company mascot figures, and Little Rubber Guys

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:25 PM

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well! First of all, this is obviously a hypothetical question, I do not believe there should be any flesh to become a class a. Maybe just think of it more as which flesh figure is the hardest to find. I am thinking about trying to search for a flesh set so I think this would be pretty helpful. Have a good night/day/afternoon!

Looking for more M.u.s.c.l.e.

#2 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:29 PM

There's really no pink figures that meet the criteria. But then, the criteria has always been rather arbitrary.

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:51 PM

Flesh is too common. Everyone that builds their first set has trouble finding random figures. Its the luck of the draw when buying lots.

Hell before finishing my flesh set i had 2-3 Satan Cross

#4 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 05 September 2020 - 07:12 AM

As far as any of us know, the supply of all the flesh figures (save for super rares) was equal. So following that, only the demand is any different from one to the next. Favorite sculpts can be harder cost more money to obtain. I think the only thing sort of equivalent to the class structure for color MUSCLES would be a poll to determine favorites. (a popularity contest?)

That said, as Ericnilla pointed out, it definitely feels like everyone who puts together a flesh set has a couple that end up being elusive for no real reason. I remember having a hard time getting a hold of 190.

Thank you

#5 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2020 - 08:39 AM

I don’t see any of the poster figures being observably more or less common than others, with the exception of Satan Cross who is equivalently uncommon and significantly more desirable than some of the Common Class A (There are about 10 Class A that shouldn’t be; in my opinion). The class system is a way of talking about the relative rarity of a figure in a specific color, and since Satan Cross only appears in Flesh I don’t think it makes sense to describe him as a Class A (even though I find his actual rarity (and price tag) to be closer to a Class A than Class B. He appears comparable to seeing a figure like 123P or 134R, which I tend to think of as B+ figures (the top tier of Bs) rather than Class A.

#6 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2020 - 09:08 AM

I said 134R but meant 134M in previous post. 134R obviously very rare. Have been talking so much about Part 11 Red figures lately adding the “R” has become a reflex, LOL

#7 greyeagle06

greyeagle06

Excited for Princess Peach Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:All things Nintendo, Mega Man, Pokemon, Sonic the hedghog, M.u.s.c.l.e., Jim Henson, Lego Ninjago, Bionicle, Star Wars, (Some) Disney, G.I. Joe, Food and Company mascot figures, and Little Rubber Guys

Posted 05 September 2020 - 05:06 PM

Ah, ok, I understand what everyone means. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Have a good day!

Looking for more M.u.s.c.l.e.

#8 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 10:56 PM

No way, everyone has satan cross. I have 5 right now. He is in no way rare or uncommon.

#9 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2020 - 05:24 AM

To be fair, I never used the word "rare" at any point to describe Satan Cross, but I strongly disagree with your assertion that it isn't "uncommon," which is to say it appears less often than every other poster sculpt in Flesh, as well as less often than every sculpt I would consider to be a true Class C. It's the definition of what I'd consider to be an uncommon (but not rare) figure. 

"Everyone has one," or "I have five," doesn't disprove Satan Cross being less common than other figures. Everybody also finds 123P and 134M if they put in a little effort, right?  (which are Class A figures that I used as examples that I believe share a roughly equivalent frequency of showing up to Satan Cross).

A good metric for thinking about figure rarity is: how many are likely to be for sale in the marketplace at any given time compared to other figures? If you search all of eBay at any given time, there's likely to be approximately 0-2 Satan Cross for sale (trending closer to zero than 2). A good analogous figure for thinking about relative rarity is 153 Claw because it's the most popular, desirable, and expensive Flesh Poster sculpt. At any given time there's likely between 5-15 flesh Claws for sale. If it isn't uncommon, relative to other figures, why can I accurately predict there will be more of any other specific flesh sculptor class C sculpt available than Satan Crosses at any given time? 

I'm working with three terms: common (class C), Uncommon (class B) and Rare (Class A). While I think the Class system is highly flawed and in many cases highly inconsistent, In general I don't think its a terrible way to think about relative rarity. If you're issue is that you'd rather say: Very Common, Common, Uncommon. I don't disagree with that, but you're just using different words to convey essentially the same meaning, but to say it's "the same" rarity as other things considered to be "common" (Class C) is observably false. 

Eric, based on what I know about you and how you search for extremely rare Keshi items, I understand why you'd think Satan Cross is "common." Since, compared to many of the Keshi you've collected and cast, a MUSCLE Satan Cross is extremely common. I'm saying, relative to other MUSCLES that Satan Cross is relatively Uncommon. 

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 06 September 2020 - 07:48 AM

Would be nice if it was actually as easy to end up with Satan Cross as some people say!

If the theory that Satan Cross was a "store exclusive" figure was accurate, then inherently it'd be less common than other four-pack flesh figures, since it only shipped with all-flesh waves to anyone's knowledge and wouldn't be possible to find in every store chain.

There are probably factors that do contribute to a relative scarcity of some flesh figures instead of others, due to multiple price points where figures were unique to each, but at quantities that are too low to merit anything statistically significant since everything in flesh color had a decent length of production time, and too hard to know with the decades separating figure production knowledge.

Edited by BaltanII, 06 September 2020 - 07:49 AM.

#11 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 09:36 PM

It's not uncommon. It is a common figure. Multiple collections have it, more surface all the time. I see at least one new SC a week. This past week, I saw two. I personally own three.

#12 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 07 September 2020 - 08:23 AM

Then it's a shame prices never reflect that barring getting lucky with lots.

#13 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 11:47 AM

As common as SC is in physicality, it's popularity and long-lived mystique will always raise the price tag when sold individually.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: muscle, M.u.s.c.l.e., mattel

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com