• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

Anyone on here pick up the new Ghostbusters line?
http://idlehands1.bl...rs-toy-day.html

Just kind of wondering what traditional collectors think on these. So far I've heard most of them are hard plastic, which is a shame. They do Glow in the dark though.

Saw this video

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#2 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

Where are they showing up?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:00 AM

Most Toys R Us have them out from what I was seeing on Instagram and Target has some of the line available online. I have seen about a dozen people with them and just as many reported that their TRU didn't have them yet. Kind of hit and miss.

I'll swing by my TRU today and let you know. I mostly want the mini guys but looks like they might be hard plastic which really makes me hesitant. The minis are 9.99 each! BUT Stay Puft is only 9.99 which seems like a deal (The big slimer is a hard plastic, I hope Staypuft is soft!)

#4 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:20 AM

They were shelved Sunday.  Go check today.  Two packs are short-packed, two are not.  Probably the two with Slimer are not, but I really don't remember which two.  Slimer has arms that can move, the others have no articulation at all.  The 3 light-up baddie ghosts (Rowan, Mayhem, and Stay Puft) are actually considered scale with these.  

Attached Files

#5 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:38 AM

It's not the material that is the problem, it is the size. 

That's what she said.

gb1.jpg

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

Found 'em!  Yes, they are hard plasti (the ghosts), though hot dog slimer has rubber arms. they also have sculpted skeletons, which is a really cool thing. Also, the instructions say, "place ghost (or figure) within 5 feet of a light source", whihc implies that these are real ghosts, and I am about to get haunted.

Edited by Ridureyu, 02 May 2016 - 11:33 AM.

#7 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

Interesting. I was wondering when we were going to see some toys rolling out with regards to the movie (which is apparently the most disliked movie trailer in YouTube history). That is another subject though.

As far as the toys go I think it is a big miss. Not only are the minis plastic but a few of them look to be two pieces that snap together. With perhaps a hollow center? Personally I can't stand the goofy, cheap look of many of the mass marketed toy lines. These are no different for me. The only saving faith for the ghosts is they glow in the dark. I was thinking my favorite, naturally, was one of the Slimers. But it rattles. What? Yea I'm good. I like a couple of the other sculpts but they don't say 'Ghostbusters' nor are they a character ghost from Ghostbusters. I'm going to pass on them but could see why children or those really bit with the nostalgia bug might be interested.

The Ecto-1 looks like junk. Clearly they went for mass production and high availability to consumers set at $15-20 a pop rather than quality and uniqueness. It appears to have a few flaws as well. There are several other Ecto's, albeit more expensive, that are far superior. Moral of the story I would rather save the money and put it towards something of quality.

#8 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

If it rattles, that sounds like the skeleton inside your Slimer came loose.  Seriously, they have internal skeletons.

#9 Grencats

Grencats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

I was at tru yesterday in Canada and they didn't have them yet. Those mini figure Ghostbusters don't look very good, some of the ghosts look neat though.  After watching that review the Ecto seems like a big let down. I just feel they could have made something better really easily.

Edited by Grencats, 02 May 2016 - 01:34 PM.

#10 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:09 PM

That guy spent $60 and when it is all together it wasn't impressive. I may hold off and see if they ever go on clearance

#11 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

Not sure why but they remind me a bit of those Monsters vs Aliens figures from a few years ago.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

I got the three pack that has the purple rat and Slimer... And the ghosts are pretty disappointing. Fun sculpts, but feel like they are made of a thick polypropylene, and are hollow with GITD guts inside. Honestly, that just kind of sucks. The plastic the GB characters are made out of is nicer, and they are solid. The ghosts are what 99% of us want, though, and I was pretty let down. 

For the record though, I would totally buy the whole set on clearance, and fill the cavity with clear resin, to give them heft. Juss sayeng.

#13 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

I am half-tempted to snag an extra one just to bust it open for the skeleton... but that $10.  And as far as I'm concerned, that rat can pass for a baboon.

#14 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:04 AM

Wonder if these will be in scale to the crytozoic figures coming out.

#15 EpicusFuror

EpicusFuror

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Garbage Pail Kids/Wacky Packages, trading cards, Hot Wheels, vintage audio, comics, toys, rocks, minerals, marbles, music, etc. Just wave a shiny object and I'll be interested.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

Interested in the ghosts. Those look pretty cool. Not interested in the new Ghostbusters. They look like quarter machine Homies figures. Therefore the price isn't justified to me. I'd buy all of them if they sold packs with the originals.

Founder of OtherKids Toys

Stuff I want:

M.U.S.C.L.E.

GPK and Vintage Trading Cards

Robots

Translucent Toys

Glow In The Dark Toys

Looking to complete US 235+1 flesh set

223 1st generation flesh M.U.S.C.L.E. and counting...

#16 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:34 AM

There are things I like about the ghosts, but they really have a cheap look about them, like those action figures you get at the dollar store that are really light and hollow inside. I think I'll be passing on these. If they made new ghosts similar to the old Kenner companions I'd be all over them. Oh well.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#17 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

I got a blind bagged Kate McKinnon (yay). Now to get the pull-apart ghost, and hopefully I can find a Walmart with the classic ecto mini figures.

#18 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:32 AM

Some more minis are out. not sure if they are exclusive to the blind bag.

http://www.ebay.com/...2UAAOSwRH5XLIj9

#19 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:37 AM

Some more minis are out. not sure if they are exclusive to the blind bag.

http://www.ebay.com/...2UAAOSwRH5XLIj9

I don't really know why, but I want that weird bald ladyghost.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#20 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

Yeah she caught my eye too. Did some more digging and there are codes for the blind bags.

07860B AM -- Abby Yates
07860B AN -- Erin Gilbert
07860B AO -- Jillian Holtzman
07760B AP -- Patty Tolan
? AQ -- Kevin
07760B AR -- Slimer
07860B AS -- Running guy in red clothes
07460B AT -- Yellow splitting ghost
07560B AU -- Blue animal ghost
07460B AV -- Yellow bee bug ghost
07460B AW -- Trap ghost
07460B AX -- White female ghost

edit: Should probably say I got this list from gbfans.com

Edited by bigazzhead, 09 May 2016 - 11:29 AM.

#21 typicalstereo

typicalstereo

Half Ironman/Half Sausage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Looking for Germs, McNuggets, WoN Mario stuff, and Friday the 13th (and horror in general).

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:16 PM

I was at Walmart earlier, they had Classic Ghostbusters Ecto Minis.  They were individually blind bagged and a few others came in a canister with slime.  

Attached Files

Edited by typicalstereo, 09 May 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#22 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

I know th epic is kinda wrinkled, but looks like Ray is the best looking one of the bunch. Though I'm still looking forward to the cryptozoic figures coming out in the fall.

#23 typicalstereo

typicalstereo

Half Ironman/Half Sausage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Looking for Germs, McNuggets, WoN Mario stuff, and Friday the 13th (and horror in general).

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

Crytozoic Figures? Huh?  Fill me in, please. 

#24 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

It's these bad boys. 

https://ghostbusters...figures-update/

They are ripped from the art style of the current comic series, which I am a big fan of.   Plus the ghosts will be solid hunks of plastic. 

Price point will be steep though. I'm not sure if you can buy them in other forms than blind bag. And probably getting a retailer box would be best bet to get a set.

Edited by bigazzhead, 11 May 2016 - 08:05 AM.

#25 UraHameshi

UraHameshi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Funko Toys, Moose Toys, Vinyl Toys, Nintendo Toys, Zombie Toys.

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

I kind of like how these Ecto Minis look, I might get them if I see them at Toys R Us :D

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com