55 replies to this topic

#26 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Thanks yall. I'm having fun mopping paint everywhere.

Boosted. Your correct. From the spymonkey set. Good eye

#27 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Posted Image

#28 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Waiting on their black & gold brother. 1 more day.

Posted Image

#29 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

See you at the drop Posted Image

#30 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Posted Image

Are the wings & head from that Redakai toyline? If so, nice re-appropriation!

Finally managed to score an Armorvor! Tried the last 2 drops but they were sold out... one time I even got to the checkout screen with one, but when I went to pay it had disappeared :(

#31 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

yes sirrrr :)
sorry for the delay in response. both the head and wings are from the redakai eagle guy :)

#32 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Love the look of the Armorvor's, been wanting to get them but missed out on the Hades (black) version and the GITD version awhile ago. I wanted those alot since the black looked great and I love gitd. Well then I was all set to get the newest one black/gold from this months drop and missed it due to work. THOUGH I did end up finally ordering myself some clear Armorvor's. So I got some coming to me, but not exactly the ones I had initially wanted.

Posted Image

#33 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

gift from clawfreak to me.
painted by Plastic Playhouse
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by ersico, 28 December 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#36 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

DSC07160_zps7372c79f.jpg
DSC07162_zps6e8816b5.jpg
DSC07163_zps64369128.jpg
DSC07164_zpsf55cad0e.jpg

#37 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

I posted this over at OT, but had no response, so trying here...

Anyways, I was messing around with my Vor collection/display and, is it just me, or is the Sonesidar Vor the only production Vor where the wolf head neck paint app is a completely unique colour compared to the rest of the figure? All other Vor wolf head neck paint apps match at least one other colour on the figure. Extremely random I know, but I've only just spotted it. Hope at least one person out there can understand what exactly I'm going on about ha!

#38 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

Crap. I'd love to check this for myself but I just packed them up a couple days ago since I'm about to buy my first house. What color is it?

#39 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Crap. I'd love to check this for myself but I just packed them up a couple days ago since I'm about to buy my first house. What color is it?

The neck paint app is a grey colour, which doesn't link to the other colours on the Vor - yellow, white and green with a brown head. Obviously it doesn't mean anything ha, but it's just something kinda cool I noticed.

#40 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

Weird. I've apparently skipped over that myself. Strange thing too, since I usually see what heads would match up with other bodies based on colors used.

#41 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

For anybody interested, I emailed Matt (who is a living legend in my books :) ) and his reply was as follows:

"Hey Al, thanks for your email!

The Sonesidar Armorvor wolf head does indeed have something slightly odd happening with the neck paint.

Originally, our factory mistakenly painted all the necks brown, matching the technical details to the furry head! I asked that the paint be corrected, and matched to the yellorange PVC. Well, the match was not quite right, arriving as a full shipment before I got a proper look, due to a hiccup in communication.
When I saw the final product, it seemed like something that would be a neat oddity in the long run, so they were released into the wild!

Thanks again! -Matt"

Pretty cool really :thumbsup:

#42 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

Hey guys, if you love Vors (like I do!) then please check out my new Facebook page - The Armorvor Archive @ https://facebook.com...ArmorvorArchive

I created the page for several reasons, but mainly because I wanted a place to share a quick visual reference for each production Vor to help both old and new collectors alike. Also, I wanted a place to try and drum up new interest in Armorvors and Glyos in general, in particular aimed at my fellow UK-based collectors.

So far, before I start to put on the visual archive of each released Vor, I've started with some of the basics like what the Armorvor actually is and where it all began. I'm also very pleased to say that TGB himself has added some extra content and reference links to the page :)

Hope you enjoy my little folly, and if you do please LIKE and share :thumbsup:

Edited by bigburty, 08 June 2014 - 03:05 AM.

#43 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Quick note: The current Wolf head is going to be retired after this next drop. There will be a new alternate head after that.
http://onelldesign.b...their-kind.html

#44 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

interesting, i wonder if they will be going with a new animal or a different wolf?

#45 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:52 AM

It will likely be a Tardigrade. I can just feel it in my bones.

#46 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:26 AM

It's a wolf? Ha ha, oh boy, all this time I thought it was some kind of cat.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#47 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

I don't think it will be another wolf. People are guessing that it will be the Granthan head which is kind of like a T-Rex. I'm hoping for something new or one of the other Jason Frailey heads that we've seen. The Alligator or Octopus would be awesome!

#48 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

I don't think it will be another wolf. People are guessing that it will be the Granthan head which is kind of like a T-Rex. I'm hoping for something new or one of the other Jason Frailey heads that we've seen. The Alligator or Octopus would be awesome!

I am really hoping for something we haven't seen(or bought)before. I like lots of the resin head releases but something totally new would be awesome.

Really hoping it's a Frailey sculpt too, he makes seriously cool stuff. 

#49 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

I agree 100% on the gator or octopus heads. Never did pick one up but man those things are amazing!

#50 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

I agree 100% on the gator or octopus heads. Never did pick one up but man those things are amazing!

Out of all the customs heads that I've owned and painted, the gator head is probably one of the best in terms of detail. It even is a two part sculpt which enables the mouth to open. The chances of it being something we've already seen and could've possibly owned is probably zero. If it's not a Granthan, then there's still several heads from the Passcode 'comics' that could make an appearance. Note how the original helmet is remaining, so a new head with a completely abstract shape may also be unlikely for continuity between the shape of the helmet and the shape of the new head.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com